Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat - BBQ, Other Food, Cats, Whatever

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing worse than a bad pizza. Got it free from them.

I don’t actually ever buy pizza, I always make it from scratch myself. In fact that’s what I’m having for dinner tonight.

View attachment 1424977
both look awesome, I would just take the olives off personally

I was too busy to post my activities yesterday. Sorry.

I managed to solve The Age cryptic crosswords today and yesterday. I don't bother doing Friday's cryptic crossword which is authored by David Astle. The author's name is denoted by his/her initials. A friend (well, more an acquaintance) says that DA actually stands for 'don't attempt'.

I went into the big smoke yesterday for a meeting, then had a nice lunch. I've done bugger all today.

To the pizza maker ... do you offer takeaways? Or better still, deliveries?

Cheerio ...

I managed to solve The Age cryptic crosswords today and yesterday. I don't bother doing Friday's cryptic crossword which is authored by David Astle. The author's name is denoted by his/her initials. A friend (well, more an acquaintance) says that DA actually stands for 'don't attempt'.

I went into the big smoke yesterday for a meeting, then had a nice lunch. I've done bugger all today.

To the pizza maker ... do you offer takeaways? Or better still, deliveries?

Cheerio ...
DA's cryptics are a massive pain. Can barely get one clue out. Well done getting the others. I usually get halfway through, hit a wall and never finish them.

DA's cryptics are a massive pain. Can barely get one clue out. Well done getting the others. I usually get halfway through, hit a wall and never finish them.
I find solving cryptics pretty much a time issue. Sometimes it takes a while to get into them ... but given enough time I can often completely solve them. Working only part time helps with the time issue!!

I prefer the cryptics that have a high percentage of non anagram answers. The non anagram answers are usually more fun to solve.

It is difficult to imagine too many (if any other) posters finding this discussion of interest.

Bullshit? Really? I've never completed a full cryptic crossword. Ever. It's on the list for sure, along with clocking GTA Vice City at 100%. I would have done that already but the Xbox version has some shitty bug in it which makes it impossible, I got a PS2 somewhere with my saved game ticking along every couple of years.

One of my mates' grandfather had a career in writing cryptic crosswords. He retired a few years ago. I thought that was a really cool job.

I find solving cryptics pretty much a time issue. Sometimes it takes a while to get into them ... but given enough time I can often completely solve them. Working only part time helps with the time issue!!

I prefer the cryptics that have a high percentage of non anagram answers. The non anagram answers are usually more fun to solve.

It is difficult to imagine too many (if any other) posters finding this discussion of interest.
Agree re non-anagram answers, although the anagrams are usually a bit easier to work out so a couple in are nice to get a start.

Also a job writing the crosswords would be pretty interesting, but would get tricky to keep fresh. Would need to be a language whizz

Northcote Dee is Ed Langdon

You should try his radio show.

Hits 7pm and apparently the captive audience is there to talk about jam flavours and memories of Warrigal in the 1970s.

Bullshit? Really? I've never completed a full cryptic crossword. Ever. It's on the list for sure, along with clocking GTA Vice City at 100%. I would have done that already but the Xbox version has some shitty bug in it which makes it impossible, I got a PS2 somewhere with my saved game ticking along every couple of years.

One of my mates' grandfather had a career in writing cryptic crosswords. He retired a few years ago. I thought that was a really cool job.
The barista at my local cafe only does the cryptic crossword on Wednesdays. He likes that particular author. He also solved the cryptic yesterday.

Dude, if you sit long enough, you're a chance to solve them (other than DA's). It can take up to 40 minutes to complete. (I'm not successful every time.) Sometimes it's looked hopeless, but given time I have been able to complete it.

I have no idea what GTA Vice City is.

Last edited:
The barista at my local cafe only does the cryptic crossword on Wednesdays. He likes that particular author. He also solved the cryptic yesterday.

Dude, if you sit long enough, you're a chance to solve them (other than DA's). It can take up to 40 minutes to complete. (I'm not successful every time.) Sometimes it's looked hopeless, but given time I have been able to complete it.

I have no idea what GTA Vice City is.
No idea what Vice City is?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

00Stinger got a 2.5kg black angus brisket from the Dry Age Meat Co in Hoppers. Probably cook it up Sunday, will let you know how it goes as I know you've wanted to try them. Mostly the flat so will be interested on the result.

Also got me a rib eye for dinner tonight.

Sweet, sweet candy!

Hi gang ... went to a corporate function at Crown Palladium on Friday night. 800 there. They had a guest/surprise performer ... clue: English singer ... mega star in the 90s/early 00's. (Sold 75 million records.) He and his band/dancers were flown out especially for the gig ....

Any guesses who it was? He and his band were absolutely brilliant ... possibly the best live performance I've ever seen/heard ... and I've seen plenty.

I'm still in shock. His appearance was a complete surprise/shock to everyone there.

Hi gang ... went to a corporate function at Crown Palladium on Friday night. 800 there. They had a guest/surprise performer ... clue: English singer ... mega star in the 90s/early 00's. (Sold 75 million records.) He and his band/dancers were flown out especially for the gig ....

Any guesses who it was? He and his band were absolutely brilliant ... possibly the best live performance I've ever seen/heard ... and I've seen plenty.

I'm still in shock. His appearance was a complete surprise/shock to everyone there.
Robbie Williams, it was on the news lol. wtf man that's epic

I had no idea it was on the news .... it WAS epic ....

What channel's news?

BTW ... Eddie Everywhere was the MC. Flew back from a family holiday to do the gig.
it was on channel 7 tonight, they must've paid him a shitload

00Stinger got a 2.5kg black angus brisket from the Dry Age Meat Co in Hoppers. Probably cook it up Sunday, will let you know how it goes as I know you've wanted to try them. Mostly the flat so will be interested on the result.

Also got me a rib eye for dinner tonight.

Sweet, sweet candy!
How did it go?

Was the brisket dry aged?

Don't know if it's dry aged, forgot to ask.

Didn't get a chance to do it yet so I'm looking to do it Wednesday.
mid week bbq?

working from home or holidays I assume

mid week bbq?

working from home or holidays I assume
I work for myself so will get home with plenty of time to cook it and have it ready by around 7. I hope.

If not it'll be Friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back