List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no way in the world the club has not told Will we will do everything in our power to get you to the club. We want you, we need you and will do anything to convince you to come. This opportunity is too good to miss. No way the club stuffs around in the slightest and misses out.
My bet is that Ashcroft will not nominate the father-son rule and will go into the draft hoping to be picked up by a Melbourne club.

Poor Norf clearly the worst team in the comp but miss out on the top two thanks to a massive Eagles tank and a father/son
What if a Melbourne club Will likes e.g. Woods, Saints Tiges or Cats etc make an offer to the last place team they cant refuse to trade pick 1? Could be a game breaker

ACL was about all I was willing to put down. What if he had a Noah Answerth style injury. What if he had a genuine career-ender.

I dont agree that we are more likely than anyone else to draft him if it doesn't suit us. Declan Watson, Mabior Chol, Corey Wagner, Samson Ryan, Noah Cumberland... they are academy, not father son, but the song remains the same. Someone else wanted them and we didn't want them as much.

As I said, cant fault him for committing to us the exact same amount we have committed to him.
Curious if you actually know how much of a commitment the Lions have made to Will?

From what I’ve witnessed, Will has made a pretty big commitment to us.

He came up and did two weeks quarantine, just so he could join in with the 1 to 5 years preseason group.

He could have waited another two weeks, and come up with the draftees when the state border opened.

What if a Melbourne club Will likes e.g. Woods, Saints Tiges or Cats etc make an offer to the last place team they cant refuse to trade pick 1? Could be a game breaker
I can't even imagine what it would take to trade for a pick 1 if a club is gonna do that they may as well just try to trade for Rowell or Tom Green or some s**t like that it's gonna cost the same.

How does Ashcroft compare to Jason Horne Francis at the same age who was better?
Twomey has basically said that Ashcroft’s performances so far this year compare favourably to Daicos’s last year.

JHF was pretty much hyped for two years. He’s a different type of player than Ashcroft. I believe JHF projects as a Petracca type, and probably gets to that level faster than what Petracca did.

Twomey has basically said that Ashcroft’s performances so far this year compare favourably to Daicos’s last year.

JHF was pretty much hyped for two years. He’s a different type of player than Ashcroft. I believe JHF projects as a Petracca type, and probably gets to that level faster than what Petracca did.
Same level as Petracca ?

JMO but Petracca's the best player I've seen for a long time. Probably go back to G Ablett Jnr. Took Petracca a little bit longer to get there.

That would make him some player.

I don’t keep a tally of hits and misses, but just going off pure memory, Might Lions has a 99% accuracy rate when it comes to such statements/opinion.

Yeah, which is what made me apprehensive. I'm hoping it's just a feel and not something he's heard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t keep a tally of hits and misses, but just going off pure memory, Might Lions has a 99% accuracy rate when it comes to such statements/opinion.
Same; Im now thinking that Will is next to no chance to joining the Lions now. Absolutely devastated b/c Mighty Lions always is on the $ with these things.:'(

Well obviously if it's not tongue in cheek , which is possible, it's something he's heard.

I've never counted our chickens on Ashcroft. There are a lot of factors involved.

Seems like the perfect situation for any draftee to me. I understand everyone's different but even if living in Melbourne had some draw for me I would take the chance to play finals early in my career at a club I had a connection with and then worry about potentially moving to Melbourne a few years down the track. Has any other club ever had two father-sons turn them down to go to the draft?

Same; Im now thinking that Will is next to no chance to joining the Lions now. Absolutely devastated b/c Mighty Lions always is on the $ with these things.:'(
5 mins on feels like weve lost him b4 we had him, have a very bad feeling now. Terrile news Mighty Lion.

Seems like the perfect situation for any draftee to me. I understand everyone's different but even if living in Melbourne had some draw for me I would take the chance to play finals early in my career at a club I had a connection with and then worry about potentially moving to Melbourne a few years down the track. Has any other club ever had two father-sons turn them down to go to the draft?
Who knows what any individual needs emotionally and professionally. He's still a kid. There could be a factor involved no one's even thought of . Girl friend ? Family ? Mates ? I'm sure there are many clubs that could match what we have.

I'm totally neutral on it . The reasons people keep putting up as to why he should come to us are what they would do. Because they barrack for the Lions .They're not him .

We'll see when the time comes. He could change his mind a few times before then. I'm sure we're doing everything we can.

God - a lot a panic over one posters opinion. How would he have any idea what he going to do. You think if Will had made up his mind he would be flying up to play 2nds? And if he has made up his mind you don’t think the media would have got a hold of it before a big footy poster. C mon people.

God - a lot a panic over one posters opinion. How would he have any idea what he going to do. You think if Will had made up his mind he would be flying up to play 2nds? And if he has made up his mind you don’t think the media would have got a hold of it before a big footy poster. C mon people.
No one knows anything I would think. Maybe not even Ashcroft as yet.

Overall as supporters on this thread we've become overly obsessed with Ashcroft. We'll offer him all we can as a club for his professional development . If that's not good enough so be it.

If it was any1 other than Mighty Lion, I would agree with you but they clearly have inside knowledge of the club either thru employment or very close relly or friend of someone very close to things at the club and there track record is impeccible with these things in my time reading this blog.

Personally I think spooners would be more likely to trade to split pick one. Like a top ten team was desperate for a specific kpp that was rated.

They swap out say pick 8 plus another first round pick. Means the team trading up would have to have another high-ish round one pick or have the ability to trade to get it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back