Vent 2022 Fantasy Vent & Regrets

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit off-topic, but Im thankful that we haven't had many injuries this year. Looking back at my team last year, there were so many forced trades due to injury/dropped/rested:
  • Rd 2: Rowell/Danger
  • Rd 3: Caldwell
  • Rd 4: Cogs/Witts
  • Rd 5: Butters
  • Rd 6: JDG
  • Rd 7: Dunks
  • Rd 8: Clarke
  • Rd 10: Marshall
  • Rd 12: Treloar
  • Rd 13: Fyfe
  • Rd 16: Doc
  • Rd 18: Whitfield
  • Rd 19: Dusty
  • Rd 20: Pendles
  • Rd 21: Kelly
Im surprised I just didn't delete my team after rd 7 last year.
Was a minefield.

Bit off-topic, but Im thankful that we haven't had many injuries this year. Looking back at my team last year, there were so many forced trades due to injury/dropped/rested:
Trading last year be like.

images

Now you've gone and done it...

Is this the 2021 or 2022 thread?

Doesn’t really matter.

Trading in Bailey Smith 🥴

Forgot that my preferred trade out target Rachele had the first game on Saturday so missed the chance to swap him out for Oliver. To make matters worse I had Rachele onfield so copped his 40 (was going to loophole HRS for him if J Hayes played well on Friday night...).

Given the way I structured my team this week, I can now only bring in a forward instead of a mid, so no Oliver. I lose points this week and have to bring in a secondary trade targets. And also have less money next week to spend on another big mid.

Cherry on top is that I traded in McComb for Rowell on Saturday morning BECAUSE I KNEW HE WAS PLAYING IN THE FIRST SATURDAY GAME.

#idiot

Postscript: And Oliver just punched out a 129 (costing me 89 points this week), beat his BE and priced himself out if my short term calculations...

Last edited:
Forgot that my preferred trade out target Rachele had the first game on Saturday so missed the chance to swap him out for Oliver. To make matters worse I had Rachele onfield so copped his 40 (was going to loophole HRS for him if J Hayes played well on Friday night...).

Given the way I structured my team this week, I can now only bring in a forward instead of a mid, so no Oliver. I lose points this week and have to bring in a secondary trade targets. And also have less money next week to spend on another big mid.

Cherry on top is that I traded in McComb for Rowell on Saturday morning BECAUSE I KNEW HE WAS PLAYING IN THE FIRST SATURDAY GAME.

#idiot
That is a balls up and a half.

Been helping missus with her VC and C

She’s had VC on Dunks the whole time I reckon. Went to go put Skinner on field to loop it and realised Neale is the VC with no non playing player after him 🥴

The regret of picking Soligo.
Think it was a last minute pick from memory and he's been dead wood ever since.
Anyone else still have this spud stuck on their bench?

On a relative note I think starting 4 rookie mids has killed me straight out of the gate this season.
Looked promising on paper but really hasn't come to fruition with too much chopping and changing and uncertainty.
Lesson for next year anyway.

I don't think we had a lot of choice. If you recall, backline rookies just didn't exist (McCartin was about the consensus D7, at $271K!), and while Hayes, Martin and Rachele obviously brained it round 1 and Xerri has proven to be very good, I'd argue all 4 have outperformed expectations. Meanwhile, the midfield rookie availability was very strong (JHF, Daicos and Ward were a very common M6-8), and I don't think starting 4 would've been a huge stretch.

Biggest regret so far is definitely trading out Gawn instead of Grundy to bring in Preuss. Seeing Gawn go on an absolute tear has been painful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back