Vent 2023 Fantasy Vent & Regrets

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man i hate these ******* coaches trying to play games. Naming players in different positions to * with other coaches. Takes other coaches like 2 mins to adjust. Meanwhile us fantasy teams get ****ed around with when looking at lineups. Degoey and day perfect example and also gulden. There was more than that just dont come to mind. Whats the point of teams if u gonna mess around like that.

Man i hate these ******* coaches trying to play games. Naming players in different positions to * with other coaches. Takes other coaches like 2 mins to adjust. Meanwhile us fantasy teams get ****ed around with when looking at lineups. Degoey and day perfect example and also gulden. There was more than that just dont come to mind. Whats the point of teams if u gonna mess around like that.
T. Powell was one, named in the guts started on the bench.

Funny that I noticed that Flanders was named in the mids for the praccy but not for Round 1... I chalked it up to coaches messing around but turned out to be legit :(

T. Powell was one, named in the guts started on the bench.
I got him in too for this reason. They need to be fined for doing s**t like this. Fantasy plays a role on viewership numbers and all this does is alienate alot of people into not watching when they get pissed off. Just bad business when you have like 300000 + fantasy teams that rely on honesty from these dickheads.

not sure what do with Isaac Cumming, whether to see him one more time and without Whitfield or move off.

not sure what do with Isaac Cumming, whether to see him one more time and without Whitfield or move off.
I also own Cumming. You picked him for a reason. The Crows forward line was pretty frantic which didn't allow for much chip mark play. He has Eagles at Optus this weekend - a bigger oval and I imagine a more uncontested game. And he was still on kickout duties. He'll bounce back this week.

If not, then you can think about moving him on.

I also own Cumming. You picked him for a reason. The Crows forward line was pretty frantic which didn't allow for much chip mark play. He has Eagles at Optus this weekend - a bigger oval and I imagine a more uncontested game. And he was still on kickout duties. He'll bounce back this week.

If not, then you can think about moving him on.
I'm playing the same game... will be holding Cumming barring any major disasters with the rest of my team.

Need to stick with the principle of "Hold your premos for at least three weeks"... which I have gone against in previous years and has cost me.

Laird, Dunkley and Cumming all fit into that category.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When did "fade" and "fading" become a thing? I don't remember anyone using those terms in previous years.

Am I out of touch?!

No. It's everyone else who is wrong!

It’s a ridiculous term.

I think it’s a buzzword fir saying “ I panicked and changed my mind at the last moment “

It’s a ridiculous term.

I think it’s a buzzword fir saying “ I panicked and changed my mind at the last moment “
Nothing but a hindsight call.
I wish I'd faded Steele & Miller last year.
But, if they'd fired, my guns and rooks strategy would have been louded.

Win some, lose some - as always in life.

When did "fade" and "fading" become a thing? I don't remember anyone using those terms in previous years.

Am I out of touch?!

No. It's everyone else who is wrong!

It’s a ridiculous term.

TL;DR - 'Fade' means to go against a popularly expected result.

What does Fade Mean?

If you ever hear the term “fade” or the phrase “fade them” you are hearing and/or being told to bet against a certain team or certain handicapper for any number of given reasons. The most common use of the term “fade” is used when the general betting public is all over one side of a game. The reason for this “fade” is because many handicappers believe the general betting public (squares) don’t make sound betting decisions and take reality or perception of a team too far when placing their wagers. When sharp bettors find out they are on the same side as the public, they will likely look to downgrade a bet in size, or pass on making the bet altogether. The betting public is wrong more often then they are right, which is where the saying “the house always wins” comes from.

Not too much wrong with my team I don’t think, just a few little teething issues:

1. I overpaid for Docherty
2. Picked Young instead of Daicos
3. Constable is going to be dropped at any moment
4. Macrae is a spud these days
5. I don’t own Laird, Steele, Oliver or Brayshaw
6. I listened to kozi and chose Newcombe; could have had Setters
7. I listened to RowellAnderson12 and chose Flanders; could have had Bruhn yeah actually never mind
8. I listened to tigs2010 and chose… nobody. Just wanted to blame him
9. Bytel played one great game then got injured
10. Xerri played 15 great minutes then got injured
11. Xerri’s replacement Darcy is an uncoordinated giraffe
12. I overpaid for Dunkley
13. Connor Rozee is about as strong as a 5 year old
14. I can’t pick a captain to save my life
15. I can’t pick a good team to save my life

Other than that everything looks pretty good 👍

Traded Baker to Daicos ..Bakers gets a 100

Should’ve traded Doch to Daicos and freed up more cash to get rid of that porky Darcy and/or Brodie to maybe have enough cash to get Marshall and/or Oliver/Bradshaw or LDU and didn’t put the C on Laird when I swore a blood oath to the footy gods that I would captain Laird from here on out for the rest of the season.

Not too much wrong with my team I don’t think, just a few little teething issues:

1. I overpaid for Docherty
2. Picked Young instead of Daicos
3. Constable is going to be dropped at any moment
4. Macrae is a spud these days
5. I don’t own Laird, Steele, Oliver or Brayshaw
6. I listened to kozi and chose Newcombe; could have had Setters
7. I listened to RowellAnderson12 and chose Flanders; could have had Bruhn yeah actually never mind
8. I listened to tigs2010 and chose… nobody. Just wanted to blame him
9. Bytel played one great game then got injured
10. Xerri played 15 great minutes then got injured
11. Xerri’s replacement Darcy is an uncoordinated giraffe
12. I overpaid for Dunkley
13. Connor Rozee is about as strong as a 5 year old
14. I can’t pick a captain to save my life
15. I can’t pick a good team to save my life

Other than that everything looks pretty good 👍

Very disappointed not to get a mention here....

Married At First Sight Lol GIF by Lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back