Vent 2023 Fantasy Vent & Regrets

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Even as a Naicos owner, of his 35 touches, I'd say 25 of them were nothing touches. Sure he hits targets and is an elite kick but I didn't see him break any lines or offer much drive.

I tend to disagree, I think he is a weapon with ball in hand (brother is equally as good). Much more effective than say Jake Lloyd of 5 years ago. Just my opinion, might be different if I actually owned him....

I tend to disagree, I think he is a weapon with ball in hand (brother is equally as good). Much more effective than say Jake Lloyd of 5 years ago. Just my opinion, might be different if I actually owned him....
oh with ball in hand he is one of the best kicks in the league. Elite. But he plays selfish. Runs to positions that doesn't help the team and screams for it. as an owner, I love it! haha.

Even as a Naicos owner, of his 35 touches, I'd say 25 of them were nothing touches. Sure he hits targets and is an elite kick but I didn't see him break any lines or offer much drive.
On face value, i agree with that. But there were multiple pinpoint passes that cut through cats zoning and resulted in goals.

I think he's more a Sam Mitchell type (to direct play and do some bs passing) rather than a run and carry meters gained halfback.

the simpsons react GIF

Not angry at Anderson just disappointed in Dew, making him the sweeper so he cant get where near a tackle ffs. Besides him and Xerri its been good, projected myself 1300-1400 i scored mid way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Xerri is a regret but I went into it with eyes wide open.

Pity because all the signs were there in the first term that he was going to be a winning pick. That’s fantasy.
That's why I can't regret choosing him. It was looking like a solid pick. The saving grace is having a rolling lockout round 1. I've managed to salvage round 1 and learned a valuable lesson today!

Duursma & Duggan. Duursma found enough footy just 0 tackles and not enough marks for a wingmen. Could be better on the MCG next weekend.

Duggan was on 48 at HT and then just went missing, rage trade is tempting.

Powell to a lesser extent who found plenty of the ball but too many handballs and not enough tackles/marks like Duursma.

Not angry at Anderson just disappointed in Dew, making him the sweeper so he cant get where near a tackle ffs. Besides him and Xerri its been good, projected myself 1300-1400 i scored mid way
Slightly disappointed owner here too.
Does he keep that role going forward or was it a one off in response to the Swans early dominance?

Last edited:
Xerri is a regret but I went into it with eyes wide open.

Pity because all the signs were there in the first term that he was going to be a winning pick. That’s fantasy.
I confidently had Xerri locked into my side since before the pre season games. When Goldy wasn't named I was stoked he was going to go solo ruck but unhappy that heaps more people would jump on..... Not as many jumped on as I expected and when he was on 24 at around 1/4 time I thought this is my leg up on the comp to start the year!!!!
Nope. Now a full restructure incoming and no idea where to turn :sleepy::sleepy:

Slightly disappointed owner here too.
Does he keep that role going forward or was it a one off in response to the Swans early dominance?
Hard to say, one hand on another day Rowell feeds him all day.

Yesterday was a disgrace our VFL backline couldn't hit anyone coming out of the backline so definately some points missing there. This had to be a floor game.

Thought I'd be clever and start Jelly and Whitfield instead of Cogs and Green. Obviously it sucks for them most, but watching the GWS-Adelaide replay has been, at best, dispiriting.
That’s shocking luck. Especially when Kelly was set for a big score. I was at the game today and remember saying to Mrs Zevon numerous times that Kelly was moving so well, even by his own lofty standards. Looked a class above up until that injury.

Thought I'd be clever and start Jelly and Whitfield instead of Cogs and Green. Obviously it sucks for them most, but watching the GWS-Adelaide replay has been, at best, dispiriting.
You should try being a Crow supporter .....

Drinking.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back