World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup - Group C - (Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Poland)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Argentina haven't been great IMO.

Messi is everything wrong with soccer. Fos is waxing lyrical about him and the basically did ONE THING and cruised for the rest (Fos own words}

Yet is worshipped and earns squillions.

Name one other field where a so called superstar can get away with that

A stand up comics bores the arse of everyone for 2 hours but tells one joke - albeit a really good one

There’s a reason soccer media spends so much time focussing on fans and their antics

The Poland/Saudi game showed one of football's great truths - take your chances, or be punished. I thought there were quite a few moments where Saudi players struck the ball rashly, almost panicking in front of goal, even though they had time to take another touch. They did everything right, except the most important part, and in football, that's when you get punished.

I can never figure out if SBS have their own commentary team or if they get their feed from the BBC/ITV? Argentina/Mexico game and Martin Tyler (?) is talking about our game last night. Surely people in England aren’t hearing the same thing.
Tyler working for SBS I believe

Exactly if your not going to try and score you need to go home early an ordinary effort

20 mins to go. 0-1 v Arg. 1 pt on the table. And they played like? Flat as a tack.

I would have been flat out like a lizard drinking up and down that line with a durry in my gob going bonkers at em to get em to flaming flat chat the ball forward. If you're gonna lose.. at least do it with a bit of flash mate.

Messi is everything wrong with soccer. Fos is waxing lyrical about him and the basically did ONE THING and cruised for the rest (Fos own words}

A stand up comics bores the arse of everyone for 2 hours but tells one joke - albeit a really good one

There’s a reason soccer media spends so much time focussing on fans and their antics
What on earth are you on about.

Messi, at the age of 35, just won Argentina the game and kept their campaign alive.

He's worshipped and rich because he's the best to ever play and has consistently delivered heroics over his career. And here he is doing it again well past his peak.

NFL quarterbacks?

Someone like Buddy can get away with doing nothing all game then kicking 2-3 in a quarter.

Plenty of aged sporting superstars can get away with contributing less if what they do contribute is match winning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back