Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated list position

1669782556976.png

And 2024 as it stands

1669783458008-png.1564958

Last edited:
The difference between coming into a always in contention for finals side (or close to it) and coming into a full on bottomed out side.

Everyone didn't like the staying in contention system, so obs they were against getting the draftee results scorpus has listed right?

You can win B&Fs in a side that doesn't make finals

Both Jones and McHenry are going to be fine.

So much panic about these two in here just because they were picked in the first round.

I think Jones is finding his way, started hitting bodies last season.

McHenry is way better than people are giving him credit for.
Oki.What area is he going to prove he will be worthy of his pick or even any pick.
Is he going to grow .
Is he going to be able too kick more than 30 metres
Is he going to find some extra speed .
Develop ability to actually gain possessions off contest .
Actually get some goal sense.
Not mentioning gaining simple footy nous.
He was selected every game he was available last season and no time showed any of those abilities.
With Jones you can see the skills etc and gives you hope it might click soon.

You are a believer though
There are attributes in players, that I'll immediately right off .....I knew Skipworth wouldn't make it from day 1 .....slow smalls, undersized, that can only kick 35 mtrs .....not a lot going for him

Same Kenny McGregor ....same Father / Son Jarman, and both Edwards boys

Chayce at least has aggression, never say die, speed, good kick and tackling skills .....IMO his is also a mental issue, and confidence can make a huge difference

Hope Chayce plays Wing ....Milera at HB

There are attributes in players, that I'll immediately right off .....I knew Skipworth wouldn't make it from day 1 .....slow smalls, undersized, that can only kick 35 mtrs .....not a lot going for him

Chayce at least has aggression, never say die, speed, good kick and tackling skills .....IMO his is also a mental issue, and confidence can make a huge difference

Bit hard on Kenny there, he had a pretty reasonable career. Not his fault Pavlich always got brought into the discussion.

Are crows not interested in grabbing The Pou with a futures package?

Hawks would ideally consider a F1, F2, F2(North) with 6+F2(WB)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That assumes Phillipou gets to pick #6 .....a waste if he goes to ESS at #4
Obviously after ESS have made their pick.

We have an issue with trading pick 48 back to lions as we got it from them,
hope we can trade with crows 46+56+59( 683pts) for 48+52+63 ( 687pts)
or 48+50+63 ( 714pts)

Interesting one. if Phillipou is rated as much as we think then yep I would do the deal personally if he is still there at pick 6 as better for us to get him in now.

For the Hawks, with our 2023 F1 and your own F1, it would be a very strong hand to make a play for pick 1 if the Hawks are not bottom and get Reid next year which might be the thinking in doing any deal like the one you proposed

or 48+50+63 ( 714pts)
Would have to be something in the ballpark of what you're suggesting, to get that deal done

This is probably what it would take, yeah. We’d have to be extremely confident in backing ourselves in to rise up the ladder, but to get that tall mid prospect, it’s tempting

or 48+50+63 ( 714pts)
What you suggest is not unreasonable, but there's nothing at all to suggest that Adelaide has any intention of doing it.

Adelaide has committed to taking Max Michelanney as a F/S player. We also have a lot of players coming out of contract in 2023, many of whom aren't likely to be extended, so we'll probably need to keep as many 2023 picks as we can. Those two needs pretty much eliminate the possibility of us doing the kind of deal that you're proposing.

We may look at trading up for him if he slides into the teens, but we're almost certainly not looking at trading back into the top-10. That boat sailed when we traded for Rankine.

We’ll, there’s a spectrum, and Hunt was on one end, and Jones, for all his faults, isn’t that bad
I’m not suggesting he’s karmichael hunt bad, but someone who can’t football great but might make it because of his toughness and athletic ability is exactly the way you could have described Hunt.

You saying Ken McGregor didn’t make it?

What you suggest is not unreasonable, but there's nothing at all to suggest that Adelaide has any intention of doing it.

Adelaide has committed to taking Max Michelanney as a F/S player. We also have a lot of players coming out of contract in 2023, many of whom aren't likely to be extended, so we'll probably need to keep as many 2023 picks as we can. Those two needs pretty much eliminate the possibility of us doing the kind of deal that you're proposing.

We may look at trading up for him if he slides into the teens, but we're almost certainly not looking at trading back into the top-10. That boat sailed when we traded for Rankine.
Wrong, they've already tried with Essendon's pick which will eventually come out in the wash...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back