List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this format on the West Coast board and thought it might help understand our current list position

1665798571288.png

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I agree with LeftyLuke & yourself ....Rowell not impressing me ....one dimensional, Jack Graham type player

One paced, gets huge CP's ....but very little outside ball ....and as Lefty said, easy to tag out of a game

Has to use strength, rather than speed, to break clear of opponents

With all due respect you are thinking now and not what he has shown he can be. Rowells first 3-4 games before his injury was arguably the best start to a career in the AFL era. Injured for the next two years and rebuilding himself this year
Give him a clear run at it and he will be a jet - the injuries have just slowed his development. No reason to think at this stage he can’t get back to where he was

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
With all due respect you are thinking now and not what he has shown he can be. Rowells first 3-4 games before his injury was arguably the best start to a career in the AFL era. Injured for the next two years and rebuilding himself this year
Give him a clear run at it and he will be a jet - the injuries have just slowed his development.
No reason to think at this stage he can’t get back to where he was

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Fair comment .....I'll review my thoughts after another year ;)

It would be helpful too, if Rowell & Anderson stopped waxing ....and actually shared more with Touk Touk, who they continually ignore on the footy field ......it's so obvious

Listen below, from 2:30 mark

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Proposal - Trade out Keays and trade in Jack Graham. He is a far superior player and a future captain. Keays in coming years will be more of what he was at the Lions. A list filler. Thoughts?
Keays 22 Brownlow votes last two years. Graham 8 Brownlow votes last three years. QED

CroCop

Club Legend
Jan 10, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Poulter eh? The last fringe winger we got from Collingwood turned out ok for us.
Seedsman is a winger , he is a run and carry type who goes for a bounce . Poulter is not that just take a look at his highlights , you don’t see any where he runs, bounces and carries the ball. Poulter would be best suited in centre square if he put on weight and that’s what he stated was his favourite position. .

johnnypanther

BigFooty Phantom
Mar 20, 2004
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
South Adelaide, Kenilworth
I like Humphrey too but his all round football is way too untidy to priortise over Phillipou if both were available to us.

Brayden George is the one we should take a chance on 2nd round onwards if you're looking at risk vs reward.

I believe Brayden George did his ACL end of August - dunno how that may affect his draft position

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
I believe Brayden George did his ACL end of August - dunno how that may affect his draft position
He did I'd say he now goes from a likely top 10 to late 1st/2nd round unless he goes to a team with plenty of capital to lighten the risk.

The unknown is how he recovers from the ACL.

At full fitness the comparisons to a Christian Petracca at the same age aren't that far off the mark IMO.

Last edited:

LeftyLuke

Cancelled
Mar 29, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Proposal - Trade out Keays and trade in Jack Graham. He is a far superior player and a future captain. Keays in coming years will be more of what he was at the Lions. A list filler. Thoughts?
I would trade out Keays (regardless of bringing Graham in) while he has peak currency. I would also bring Graham in who has been in an elite system and could definitely help us on and off the field.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Keays 22 Brownlow votes last two years. Graham 8 Brownlow votes last three years. QED
Graham has, since his debut, been playing in a team full of superstars.. look at the team mates he’s been competing against for those votes.

Keays is in his prime years and has been playing in a team full of kids and old ageing blokes..

keays damn well should be getting more votes..

LeftyLuke

Cancelled
Mar 29, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Struggling to think of a worse move than spending trade capital on Graham to make our mediocre middle even fatter.

It's the same type of acquisition as Gibson, only coming into a worse squad and actually paying draft picks for it.
Gibson is an unfair comparison to Graham. Graham is a multiple premiership player and potential future captain at Richmond. Gibson could hardly get a senior game at the crows.

Last edited:
Gibson is an unfair comparison to Graham. Graham is a multiple premiership player and potential future captain at Richmond. Gibson could hardly get a senior game.

Gibson played 130 games in a row at North Melbourne, he definitely could get a senior game

Graham is a multiple premiership player, but so is Castagna. I think a lot of Adelaide fans have been dazzled by his grand final performance on Sloane and have largely ignored the rest of his games which have been bog average

crow2crow

Trapped in Victoria
Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gibson played 130 games in a row at North Melbourne, he definitely could get a senior game

Graham is a multiple premiership player, but so is Castagna. I think a lot of Adelaide fans have been dazzled by his grand final performance on Sloane and have largely ignored the rest of his games which have been bog average
correct that was an anomaly

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights

The thing about targeting Graham is that I wouldn’t even say he’s that bad. He’s a solid enough player, a guy that’ll give you 18 touches and 5 tackles a game at half forward, with some time rotating through the middle if need

The only issue is that we are looking for top-end midfield talent - not 4th or 5th string midfielders. Not worth using capital to get him in when he doesn’t actually fill a need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back