List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this format on the West Coast board and thought it might help understand our current list position

1665798571288.png

Last edited:

Gtowncrow

Cheated out of Finals
Jul 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Only that their has been a rumour floating around that Carlton have been looking good at him. But does it really matter who the destination club is? North aren’t giving pick 19 for him. So a pick somewhere from 25-40 is just 4 years of development on a new toy we hope works out. Sholl has shown plenty in his short career and we would be stupid to move him on

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Just been looking through the Carlton board to check this BF rumour out. They talk about many different trade options so I'll be patient about Sholl going blue.
But...
They did seem to think that Xerri from North Melbourne is a chance to poach. Out of contract and North having other options available for ruck/forwards makes him potentially available.
I've kept an eye on him through my fantasy team and he's not a bad player.
Anyone have any thoughts about this option? Certainly improves our forward line until TT breaks out. With Tex in the twilight, we don't have any other promising KPF coming through. Xerri sounds like a good idea to me.
Over to you guys.

Edit..P.s
Carlton were all over Carmichael too.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg

Not much in the article. Mostly that Blues looking for a wingman, Amon and Angus Brayshaw the others they're looking at, though saying Amon at $650K and Brayshaws at $800K might be out of their price range as free agents.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Just been looking through the Carlton board to check this BF rumour out. They talk about many different trade options so I'll be patient about Sholl going blue.
But...
They did seem to think that Xerri from North Melbourne is a chance to poach. Out of contract and North having other options available for ruck/forwards makes him potentially available.
I've kept an eye on him through my fantasy team and he's not a bad player.
Anyone have any thoughts about this option? Certainly improves our forward line until TT breaks out. With Tex in the twilight, we don't have any other promising KPF coming through. Xerri sounds like a good idea to me.
Over to you guys.

Edit..P.s
Carlton were all over Carmichael too.
Roos were playing Xerri as their #1 ruck before he got injured, so not so sure they see him being expendable. Goldstein is soon to be 34 and I think they want Coleman-Jones as a forward who can backup ruck.

Jirkago75

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
You think the player manager of one of the top MSD prospects that knows there's multiple clubs coming for his player isn't going to go for a longer contract than 6 months?
Yes but there is never a guarantee, all I’m saying is we have a free hit of any player and should go for it. Pannell’s manager was ok with it, many other will be too. A shot at the AFL doesn’t come along often, especially when the player has been overlooked before. In this instance, the clubs have the upper hand

Bob Neil

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2011
At a table with old friends
AFL Club
Adelaide
With all the talk about Matt Crouch and his future it's interesting to note that Brad Crouch appears to be in career best form this year with the Saints (at least according to his fantasy numbers). Is this just natural progression as his body finally allows him more continuity or is it an example of another club doing a better job of unlocking the full potential of a player than we can. He might be the case study for why another club would take a punt (for low cost) on Matt Crouch to perform better outside of the Crows.

jimvic

Senior List
Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
With all the talk about Matt Crouch and his future it's interesting to note that Brad Crouch appears to be in career best form this year with the Saints (at least according to his fantasy numbers). Is this just natural progression as his body finally allows him more continuity or is it an example of another club doing a better job of unlocking the full potential of a player than we can. He might be the case study for why another club would take a punt (for low cost) on Matt Crouch to perform better outside of the Crows.
Certainly we seem to have unlocked the full potential of Keyes better than Brisbane had

Bob Neil

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2011
At a table with old friends
AFL Club
Adelaide
Certainly we seem to have unlocked the full potential of Keyes better than Brisbane had
That's true although with Keays it was more a case that he couldn't get a regular game with the Lions and certainly not in his preferred midfield slot. With Crouch he's gone from midfield regular to midfield regular and simply increased his production.

Gtowncrow

Cheated out of Finals
Jul 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's true although with Keays it was more a case that he couldn't get a regular game with the Lions and certainly not in his preferred midfield slot. With Crouch he's gone from midfield regular to midfield regular and simply increased his production.
Might have been harder to get a kick in our "stacked" midfield. 😜

And not having brett burton overseeing your fitness
I think this is the key & that Brouch is finally getting his body at full condition again. We always knew he had the talent, but sadly for us he was rarely at full fitness.

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide

Fair but Brad has always had a much, much higher ceiling than Matt.

maxlilly

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
over here
AFL Club
Adelaide
Probably because Ratten knows how to coach midfielders

Sep 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide

I think Ryder and Marshall may have something to do with that

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Our midfield structures were crap and we prioritised the wrong things. For most of his career he was coached poorly by Campo

It seems like it's taken Crouch over a year to be reprogrammed from the Crows way to a much better system

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Brad crouch is a far better player than matt..

Matts the in an under dish it out player.. brads the one that takes that “dish out” from players like matt and does something useful with it.

Players like matt are dying out.. their one dimentional bullshit is no longer acceptable or valued at the top level.. we should never have even re-signed him last year.. a straight delist was the better option..

Brad I think is coming good because hes finally had a solid run of games/preseasons uninjured and he’s probably now fully slotted into his new team and built some synergy with his new team mates..

May 4, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not true. His best year was in 2019, when he won our BnF.

But I would say its a combination of all of the above. Injury-free last couple of years, has now made into the main Saints midfield rotation (SK injured for the next 6-8 weeks) and better midfield structures/coaching.

If we got a 2nd rounder for Brouch, we're getting 3rd rounder (or less) for M Crouch.

Not true. His best year was in 2019, when he won our BnF.

But I would say its a combination of all of the above. Injury-free last couple of years, has now made into the main Saints midfield rotation (SK injured for the next 6-8 weeks) and better midfield structures/coaching.

If we got a 2nd rounder for Brouch, we're getting 3rd rounder (or less) for M Crouch.
Having Jack Steele as their main man in the midfield would be helping. Likewise the creativity of Gresham who missed last year. Then there's their dominant rucks.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Or maybe Brad can actually play decent footy when he's fit and running on top of the ground?
Having Jack Steele as their main man in the midfield would be helping. Likewise the creativity of Gresham who missed last year. Then there's their dominant rucks.

Or maybe Brad can actually play decent footy when he's fit and running on top of the ground?
An attitude adjustment maybe? Like Stengle he looks much slimmer than when he was here.

An attitude adjustment maybe? Like Stengle he looks much slimmer than when he was here.

I think so, hopefully the contract situation put him back in his place.

I mean he's been good for St Kilda, but he's not the #1 midfielder he would have hoped to be, or what we thought he could be. He's a Ben Keays type that ideally should be complementing a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back