List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this format on the West Coast board and thought it might help understand our current list position

1665798571288.png

Last edited:

Riley Beveridge saying we'll start negotiations with Himmelberg, Frampton and Gollant around the bye week.
If we haven't already started negotiations with Gollant, we're morons and don't deserve to keep him.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have never seen him play, but a 25yo small forward...surely not! Mutineer?

Brett Turner
Club: Glenelg, SANFL
Height: 185cms
Weight: 88kgs

“Brett Turner, a 25-year-old forward, he had 38 (disposals) and kicked four (goals) against Adelaide’s SANFL side earlier this year, so the Crows have been linked a little bit to him now, they might take him in the mid-season pool.”

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Why are we bothering with Himmelburg and Frampton honestly.
They're not ever going to be premiership players we need to do better.
You don't dump 'em until you know for sure what else you'll be replacing them with. Given our stocks it was always unlikely we got rid of both, Frampton was probably the most likely to keep cause he can fill in 3 positions.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
You don't dump 'em until you know for sure what else you'll be replacing them with. Given our stocks it was always unlikely we got rid of both, Frampton was probably the most likely to keep cause he can fill in 3 positions.
I mean, I can also fill all 3 positions. I won't be any good at AFL level but that really has not stopped Frampton. No good up forward at AFL level. No good as a ruck at AFL level and badly found out that he can't defend 1 v 1 at AFL level.

I would rather be rid of him and Himmelberg both and bring in others as who knows, we might crack it next time

Rags_118

Team Captain
Nov 19, 2020
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Blacks, West Ham, Rangers
I have never seen him play, but a 25yo small forward...surely not! Mutineer?

Brett Turner
Club: Glenelg, SANFL
Height: 185cms
Weight: 88kgs

“Brett Turner, a 25-year-old forward, he had 38 (disposals) and kicked four (goals) against Adelaide’s SANFL side earlier this year, so the Crows have been linked a little bit to him now, they might take him in the mid-season pool.”

Meh! One good game? SANFL player stats: Glenelg - SANFL

A SANFL team top up?

“The Glenelg Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of former West Adelaide midfielder Brett Turner. The 24 year-old joins the Tigers after playing 64 games with the Bloods. Turner offers great flexibility to the side as he has the ability to play in a number of roles. Tigers Head of Football Paul Sandercock said, “We are excited Brett has decided to join the club. At 24 years of age, he has many years of good football ahead of him and comes with plenty of SANFL experience. Brett was instrumental around stoppages for West in 2020, so we will be looking for Brett to maintain that form in 2021 and beyond.”

Richard Tambling played a great game for Richmond against us once and he was playing for us a year or two later. One or two years after that he was in the bin.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Frampton can play 3 positions... but he plays all 3 of them badly.

Himmelberg can only play 2 positions, but at least he's shown that on a good day he can play well as a forward. He can't do it consistently, but he has shown the ability to do it, which is something that Frampton has never done.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Frampton can play 3 positions... but he plays all 3 of them badly.

Himmelberg can only play 2 positions, but at least he's shown that on a good day he can play well as a forward. He can't do it consistently, but he has shown the ability to do it, which is something that Frampton has never done.
The idea though is you're not willingly starting either of them. They're absolutely break glass scenarios. Frampton ain't getting anything at the trade table unlike Himmelberg might as well.

Neither of them are consistent, best 22 players, so there's no need to keep both. Turf one for the maximum return and develop someone else with the other list spot.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
The idea though is you're not willingly starting either of them. They're absolutely break glass scenarios. Frampton ain't getting anything at the trade table unlike Himmelberg might as well.

Neither of them are consistent, best 22 players, so there's no need to keep both. Turf one for the maximum return and develop someone else with the other list spot.
That's simply not true. We have Tex - then you can throw a blanket over Thilthorpe, Himmelberg, Fog & Gollant. Based on his performances so far this year, Himmelberg is currently our #2 KPF - definitely not a "break glass" option at all. He's not consistent, but he's delivered more and more consistently this year than any other forward not named Tex Walker.

You could argue that he should be a "break glass" player if we had better KPF options, but that's nothing more than wishful thinking. Those better KPF options don't exist. The reality is that we don't have good KPF options at present, and he's clearly more than a "break glass" player. He's the least worst of some bad options, but he's still the least worst option we have.

Frampton, on the other hand...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dangerousfield

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why are we bothering with Himmelburg and Frampton honestly.
They're not ever going to be premiership players we need to do better.
Riley Beveridge saying "we'll start negotiations with Himmelberg, Frampton and Gollant around the bye week."

I nearly puked when this was said as some kind of positive for us!

Like I keep hammering on about, is this player going to stand up in finals? which is another level up again on H&A. If not shouldn't persist too long.

Too many on our list have a ceiling that is H&A standard. That only gets you to a list level of no man land.

Would have left negotiations for Himmelburg (dropped for this game) and Frampton until later in the season, only one year or two years at the max. Let's see what happens eh?

Last edited:
May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
You could argue that he should be a "break glass" player if we had better KPF options, but that's nothing more than wishful thinking. Those better KPF options don't exist. The reality is that we don't have good KPF options at present, and he's clearly more than a "break glass" player. He's the least worst of some bad options, but he's still the least worst option we have.

Frampton, on the other hand...
That's the whole point. We don't have better options, so we should go find one instead of keeping the pile we have one we have.

He's an inconsistent player in a pile of inconsistent players and is now in his 5th year. There's nothing to be gained from keeping him.

Dangerousfield

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Certainly we seem to have unlocked the full potential of Keyes better than Brisbane had
He just couldn't force he way into the strong Brisbane midfield, was racking them up in the NEAFL. He was a highly rated U18 drafted at pick 24 as an academy player, don't think we've done much other than played him in the seniors.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
That's the whole point. We don't have better options, so we should go find one instead of keeping the pile we have one we have.

He's an inconsistent player in a pile of inconsistent players and is now in his 5th year. There's nothing to be gained from keeping him.
He's still the best one in the pile, until you can actually recruit that better option.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
He's still the best one in the pile, until you can actually recruit that better option.
Probably best to keep him as ‘break glass’ for next year, probably by delisting him and re-drafting him onto the rookie list, but I think we all hope Thilthorpe emerges as the clear leader of the pack over the next 18 months

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Probably best to keep him as ‘break glass’ for next year, probably by delisting him and re-drafting him onto the rookie list, but I think we all hope Thilthorpe emerges as the clear leader of the pack over the next 18 months
Agreed. Getting rid of both Billy & Berg is asking for trouble, as it would rip a huge hole in our list. Getting rid of Billy is a complete no-brainer, which means retaining Berg for at least another year.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Riley Beveridge saying we'll start negotiations with Himmelberg, Frampton and Gollant around the bye week.

I really like Gollant, it is just going to take time. I don't think Himmleberg will be in the side long term but don't mind him on the list.

No idea why we would keep Frampton. His only use is as a backup ruckman. At the very least we should wait until the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back