List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blows my mind that we are possibly going to make so few changes this year, and are evidently hamstrung by some contracts.

We really should be terminating McPherson and Seedsman's contracts, but there's been no word of this.

Keep Seed around the club as a development coach.

Rowe, Frampton, Crouch, Sholl, Borlase, , Davis should all be moved on or for cheap picks
We should be moving on:
McAsey (trade), Crouch (trade- pay half his contract if we have too), Sholl(trade), Seedsman (retire), Brown (already retired), Frampton (already being traded), Rowe, (trade), McPherson (trade), Davis(delist), Newchurch(delist).

We should be moving on:
McAsey (trade), Crouch (trade- pay half his contract if we have too), Sholl(trade), Seedsman (retire), Brown (already retired), Frampton (already being traded), Rowe, (trade), McPherson (trade), Davis(delist), Newchurch(delist).
Hey Lefty disagree on Newchurch and Borlase as they are on Cat B and unless we replace them (highly unlikely) we lose the two roster positions. We are losing Frampton we may need a Defender

We should be moving on:
But what would we do with all of those list spots?

Any 4 of these (inc Brown) gets us Rankine, a top 30 pick, Michalanney and our 2 required rookie upgrades.

After that, we are using picks gained for the trades (not expected to be much this year), a pick in the 70s, a pick in the 90s and rookie picks.

Cutting Newchurch doesn't even get us an extra list spot.

Every single player listed has a better chance of making it as an AFL player than picks 70+.

Sure, have a crack with a speculative rookie pick we can offload next year if he doesn't work out, but otherwise why not give the other 5 players (not Davis) a year on the list and replace with first, second and third rounders next year?

Blows my mind that we are possibly going to make so few changes this year, and are evidently hamstrung by some contracts.

We really should be terminating McPherson and Seedsman's contracts, but there's been no word of this.

Rowe, Frampton, Crouch, Sholl, Borlase, Davis should all be moved on or for cheap picks
That might have something to do with who's available in the draft this year.

Keep Mcpherson for 1 more year as his replacement isn't going to be much better at pick 60 this year, whereas next year the player at 60 is better.

Rowe, Frampton, Crouch, Sholl, Borlase, Davis should all be moved on or for cheap picks
Unfortunately you can't move contracted players if they don't want to move or no one wants them.

A lot of our players we'd be willing to give up are pretty average so it's not hard to imagine other clubs having zero interest

Do points really matter though? If the top end next year is reported as being very good then I'd happily trade a second and third to get a potential early/mid first round pick.
I feel points are only worth it for matching bids. Outside of that it doesn't add much value.
Points matter for them. I don't think a second and a third gives them more points that a first.

Obviously we'd do it in a heartbeat.

Seedsman probably will go.

Rowe, Frampton and Davis are close to 100% certainties to go as well. Borlase is a complete irrelevance, because getting rid of him doesn't give us another list spot.

We don't know if anyone will take Sholl and Crouch.

Any other ideas?

We may as well lay rest the idea of crouch seeking a trade. Hes in Singapore right now with smith Laird tex and Murphy during the upcoming trade period, if he was going surely he’d be in Adelaide and have his hands full especially with his pregnant fiancée.
Players get traded when they're overseas all the time.

Unfortunately you can't move contracted players if they don't want to move or no one wants them.

A lot of our players we'd be willing to give up are pretty average so it's not hard to imagine other clubs having zero interest
Generally contracted players leave if you tell them they won't be getting another senior game at the club again and they will be delisted as soon as their contract is up. Other clubs don't have a problem in moving contracted players. Worse case you pay some of their wage and move them on.

We may as well lay rest the idea of crouch seeking a trade. Hes in Singapore right now with smith Laird tex and Murphy during the upcoming trade period, if he was going surely he’d be in Adelaide and have his hands full especially with his pregnant fiancée.
There is such a thing as a phone ?

I would say he is more likely to be traded. One last trip with the boys before he is off.
I doubt he will have many takers.

Think it's more likely he gets left to rot in the SANFL until his contract runs out and we can delist him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would say he is more likely to be traded. One last trip with the boys before he is off.
I would say it's likely that both Crouch's management, and the AFC, are actively looking for a new home for him. It's not so likely that we'll find any prospective buyers.

Don't forget that he shopped himself around last year, as a FA, and no other club was interested. Granted, that was coming off the back of 12 months out due to injury, creating uncertainty for any prospective dance partners. Unfortunately for him, and the AFC, his stocks have only fallen since then.

Still early days ;)

Have to remember WCE are losing a heap of experienced players .....they're in a full rebuild & will be looking at some experienced players to assist the kids

Crouch will be cheap, particularly if we "tip in" some cash ....which is worth it, to get another list spot ....surely for financial security, he'd move interstate

We have some low grade trades ....so not all that newsworthy, and likely to be in the last couple of days, after all the "A Grade" trades are done .....particularly with a poor depth Draft

2023 free agent pool looks pretty crummy if you ask me.

Although I was going by Footywire, so not sure if completely accurate.
I’m on Footywire and I can’t see the free agent list.

But that’s one area we haven’t been able to take advantage of so far which is unfortunate. Our targets are costing us draft capital, we’ve got the cap space, a quality free agent or 2 would be very handy.

There has gotta be some benefit/protection in signing a contract.

If we think not just in AFL but sports contracts in general there have been some big coin and or long contracts that the player was a spud or has not fulfilled his potential - cough an ex AFC player that comes to mind is K Tippett when he signed for the Swans.

I'm sitting back and watching clubs at the top end of the ladder, such as Geelong and Brisbane, pick up elite free agents and top end young talent, and it has occurred to me that either everyone else is cheating the salary cap like crazy, or we have been one of the worst run clubs list management wise in the AFL.

When we were at the top end, playing finals and hoping to win a premiership, we managed to recruit Betts. Then somehow managed to give up 2 first round picks for a clearly past his best Gibbs.

Imagine if we had been able to add players of the calibre of the following:

Geelong
Blicavs
Stanley
Dangerfield
Tuohy
Jeremy Cameron
Isaac Smith
Stengle

Brisbane
Birchall,
Hodge,
Lachie Neale,
Joe Daniher,
Charlie Cameron,
Marcus Adams,
Jarryd Lyons and now
Dunkley and Gunston.

We really do suck.
Add Jenkins, Higgins, Stevens, Rohan, Dalhaus Ceglar, Black, Scott Selwood, Henderson, Caddy, McIntosh, Clark, Rivers etc and you can sseetheres been lots of misses which look like stopping them winning a flag.
The have been open about all in each year for a flag unlike many clubs. So why wouldn't you go to.a place that isn't talking about rebuilds or excuses

Clarkson has a similar philosophy.

I’m on Footywire and I can’t see the free agent list.

But that’s one area we haven’t been able to take advantage of so far which is unfortunate. Our targets are costing us draft capital, we’ve got the cap space, a quality free agent or 2 would be very handy.
Gotta show prospects we're close, first ......2024 onwards IMO

2023 free agent pool looks pretty crummy if you ask me.

Although I was going by Footywire, so not sure if completely accurate.
Harry McKay is crummy?
Jack Crisp is crummy?
Nason Redman is crummy?
Harrison Himmelberg is crummy?
Ben McKay is crummy?
Jade Gresham is crummy?
Bailey Williams is crummy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back