List Mgmt. 2022 List Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

TLR gone.

AFL need to step up here and fix their utensil-up with us.

does anyone think that there will be some sort of announcement on the Patrikios situation before this coming season ?
do they play one player down again ?
or if still a no from her, put her as inactive and replace her ?

will they try to force the issue with her, one way or another ?

does anyone think that there will be some sort of announcement on the Patrikios situation before this coming season ?
do they play one player down again ?
or if still a no from her, put her as inactive and replace her ?

will they try to force the issue with her, one way or another ?

I think there was an article a month or so ago saying Patrikios wanted to stay and we were happy to have her on the list even though she won't play.

Great news about McKinnon, but can't help but feel really flat about TLR :huh: I hope it was a purely financial decision

Compo for sure now - Losing a top 2 player to expansion, and then having to trump up our 1 compromised pick to get a player in would reek

I don't know how anyone else is feeling but TLR leaving is really not good on the optics re our club. Unless her deal with the Hawks is as a marquee player, I can't see what else they could offer her that we couldn't? I wish the club would get on the front foot about Patrikios as that crippled us last season. With TLR gone, GP needs to lift. That said, stoked about Erin McKinnon as that has been a big weakness on our list which was exacerbated by an underdone Rhi and whilst Cutters was huge around the ground, she wasn't able to impact as much in the hitout department. Very good pickup by the club and should be our number 1 for years to come (as long as she doesn't leave).

Last edited:
Clubs has confirmed McKinnons request. She's only 23!

Great news about McKinnon, but can't help but feel really flat about TLR :huh: I hope it was a purely financial decision

Compo for sure now - Losing a top 2 player to expansion, and then having to trump up our 1 compromised pick to get a player in would reek
I don't know how anyone else is feeling but TLR leaving is really not good on the optics re our club. Unless her deal with the Hawks is as a marquee player, I can't see what else they could offer her that we couldn't? I wish the club would get on the front foot about Patrikios as that crippled us last season. With TLR gone, GP needs to lift. That said, stoked about Erin McKinnon as that has been a big weakness on our list which was exacerbated by an underdone Rhi and whilst Cutters was huge around the ground, she wasn't able to impact as much in the hitout department. Very good pickup by the club and should be our number 1 for years to come (as long as she doesn't leave).

TLR leaving is not as bad as it first looks, but yes it is a loss

picking up Erin McKinnon is a big win, 189 cm AA ruck is nothing to sneeze at
i doubt it'll cost your 1st Rd pick, at least from the look of it

interesting comment from GWS on her departure
"Erin has been offered an opportunity with the Saints that we’re just not in a position to match."
strange comment given they've also lost their only other ruck Ally Morphett to Sydney

Patrikios playing would be huge, this situation needs to be addressed as a high priority

I don't know how anyone else is feeling but TLR leaving is really not good on the optics re our club. Unless her deal with the Hawks is as a marquee player, I can't see what else they could offer her that we couldn't?

Yeah, I said the same thing, why would she leave?? If money, we could've easily matched. I can only think that Tilly thinks there's a premiership at the Hawks and not at St Kilda. Whatever it is, it's very disappointing. But we'd all like to know why arguably our best player is walking out, I think that's a reasonable question here.

Money? You'd think with our lack of stars, if any, that we could at least match it.

Opportunity? We've given a new lease on life moving into the midfield. Could've easily been our B&F. Now ditching us. It's disappointing, but these are the times.

Premiership? That's worked well for champions like Buckley and Dangerfield.

Work? Family? It's Hawthorn, that's a no.

Disgruntled with the club, coach, players?

Yeah, I said the same thing, why would she leave?? If money, we could've easily matched. I can only think that Tilly thinks there's a premiership at the Hawks and not at St Kilda. Whatever it is, it's very disappointing. But we'd all like to know why arguably our best player is walking out, I think that's a reasonable question here.
We probably already had our Tier 1 player slots filled and Hawthorn, who were turned down by a lot of the big names, would have had that available on top of whatever they can offer off field.

We probably already had our Tier 1 player slots filled and Hawthorn, who were turned down by a lot of the big names, would have had that available on top of whatever they can offer off field.

Mmm good point with the off-field. Better sponsors and dodgy off the books stuff really makes at difference in this space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry Munga, missed your post. Very good points indeed but it's your last one that I am worried about. After two seasons of good vibes only, it appears as though the environment has changed somewhat. Peta Searle's exit and subsequent messaging by the club was strange and not very well received by a significant portion of the players. This was then further compounded by appointing Dal despite having no genuine coaching credentials (overseeing the NGA program doesn't really count IMO). The GP saga would have taken it's toll morale wise - especially as the onfield success went backwards to a fair degree. Then you throw in the bare minimum effort from the club in terms of looking after the girls in the media and promotion department - more effort went in building up the lads intraclub whereas the girls were the after dinner mint in terms of having their first training session at RSEA (the club could have used that as a perfect opportunity to continue the stream for at least a bit of the girls training and bring on a few from the AFLW dept to have a chat about the season that was etc). We didn't hear a word from Tessie McManus all season yet Lethers does a great job on fronting up to a lot of media opportunities to give us some insight into the men's program. All of which leads to one wondering whether the club has quietly shifted into complacency regarding our AFLW dept and that has rippled down to group morale which has the potential to (if not already) eroding the really strong foundations that Peta & Co helped to establish. I hope that I am reading far too much into it but something doesn't smell right to me.

Last edited:
SORE SAINTS

St Kilda ruck Rhiannon Watt is in the lurch with her immediate future uncertain.

And she’s not the only one.

Watt, 34, suffered a season-ending ACL injury in February that will also see her sidelined for the August season.

It is understood that her position on the club’s list – which is limited to 30 players – is up in the air with a potential delisting on the cards.

It would be a brutal blow, given her injury status and standing in the club as vice-captain.

Speedster Kate McCarthy — a foundation AFLW player — could also be on the move, as could former leadership group member Cat Phillips.

Moneyball understands that All-Australian McCarthy, who was thrown about last season in a range of roles, has had interest from a number of clubs that she is considering with the Saints’ blessing.

McCarthy was Brisbane’s leading goalkicker in 2017.

Phillips, 30, has previously been linked to North Melbourne amid speculation surrounding Kaitlyn Ashmore’s future at Arden St.

It comes as midfielder Tilly Lucas-Rodd was this week confirmed to have committed at expansion club Hawthorn.

Would suck to cut Rhi but with only 30 players, it's difficult to carry a 34 year old with an acl.

McCarthy isnt much of a loss given she has been poor in the majority of games she's played for us. The reported inclusions of Stevens and Kelly should cover her position.

Phillips would be another hit to the midfield so hopefully she stays.

SORE SAINTS

St Kilda ruck Rhiannon Watt is in the lurch with her immediate future uncertain.

And she’s not the only one.

Watt, 34, suffered a season-ending ACL injury in February that will also see her sidelined for the August season.

It is understood that her position on the club’s list – which is limited to 30 players – is up in the air with a potential delisting on the cards.

It would be a brutal blow, given her injury status and standing in the club as vice-captain.

Speedster Kate McCarthy — a foundation AFLW player — could also be on the move, as could former leadership group member Cat Phillips.

Moneyball understands that All-Australian McCarthy, who was thrown about last season in a range of roles, has had interest from a number of clubs that she is considering with the Saints’ blessing.

McCarthy was Brisbane’s leading goalkicker in 2017.

Phillips, 30, has previously been linked to North Melbourne amid speculation surrounding Kaitlyn Ashmore’s future at Arden St.

It comes as midfielder Tilly Lucas-Rodd was this week confirmed to have committed at expansion club Hawthorn.

Would suck to cut Rhi but with only 30 players, it's difficult to carry a 34 year old with a knee.

McCarthy isnt much of a loss given she has been poor in the majority of games she's played for us. The reported inclusions of Stevens and Kelly should cover her position.

Phillips would be another hit to the midfield so hopefully she stays.

I reckon they will find an off-field role for Rhi surely? Cat Phillips would be a massive blow, she's a really integral part of our lineup. Not too concerned about Kate - I think she is one of the players who was really good at the start of the AFLW era however I the rest of the competition has caught and gone past her. It might've been the positional swap but she really struggled to get any momentum. It was suprising though that she wasn't considered in the best lineup by Dal despite all of our injuries and lack of experience.

I reckon they will find an off-field role for Rhi surely? Cat Phillips would be a massive blow, she's a really integral part of our lineup. Not too concerned about Kate - I think she is one of the players who was really good at the start of the AFLW era however I the rest of the competition has caught and gone past her. It might've been the positional swap but she really struggled to get any momentum. It was suprising though that she wasn't considered in the best lineup by Dal despite all of our injuries and lack of experience.
I agree, Phillips would be a hard one to replace. Almost more of a hit than TLR leaving. But it's understandable at 31 for her to want to spend her last few seasons in a decent team.

Kate was struggling to touch the ball before her positional change, so it seems like the game just went past her the same way it has for a lot of the best players from the early days. As our biggest name signing, she just didnt live up to expectation. Seems like we have actively gone after players who play her positions, so the writing was definitely on the wall for her with us.

Having new teams come in and poach players from clubs is such a draining experience. It's so demoralising to see some of your favourite players just leave like that. I really REALLY hope GP can play next year and I'm not sure if Smith will be back for us this season with it starting early?

Key dates for AFLW season 7

• AFLW Expansion Signing Period 24 May 2022
  • Sign and Trade Period 31 May 2022
  • NAB AFLW Draft 29 June 2022
  • Pre-season commences 13 June 2022
  • Season Commences, 25-27 August 2022*
  • Finals commences, 4-6 November 2022*
  • NAB AFLW Grand Final, Weekend of 25-27 November 2022*
* Fixtured dates and game times TBC

Congratulations to our very own Cat Phillips, who was part of the AFLPA’s negotiating group. Hopefully Cat sticks with the Saints this season.

Last edited:
Having new teams come in and poach players from clubs is such a draining experience. It's so demoralising to see some of your favourite players just leave like that. I really REALLY hope GP can play next year and I'm not sure if Smith will be back for us this season with it starting early?

Apparently T will be ready mid-way through the season

Our news to date:

Lucas-Rodd - Gone to Hawthorn for nothing, and no reason as yet.
Phillips - Rumoured looking at going to Tasmania-North Melbourne or whatever rort they call themselves.
McCarthy - Out of contract and looking elsewhere with Saints blessing.
Patrikios - Wants to stay at St Kilda, we're open to having her on the list despite not playing.
Watt - Potential to be delisted.
Smith - Might return from ACL midway through next season at the earliest.
Meyer - Left Southern Saints to play for Hawthorn in VFLW.
Nicola Stevens - We're interested in this Blue.
Grace Kelly - Speedy Eagle requested a trade to St Kilda.
Erin McKinnon - GWS ruck requested a trade to St Kilda.
Currently have 5, 15, 25, 35, 45 etc. in the Vic draft.

Let me know if I've left anything off.

Last edited:
Isn't it 5, 15, 25 etc? Vic expansion teams have the first four of the first round and the last two of each round, don't they?

Vic expansion teams have the first four of the first round and the last two of each round, don't they?
yes you're right, except for the picks
Victoria Draft Order
Rd 1
5. St Kilda
Rd 2
13. St Kilda
Rd 3
23. St Kilda
Rd 3
33. St Kilda
Rd 4
43. St Kilda
Rd 5
53. St Kilda
Rd 6
63. St Kilda

obviously 3 draft picks will have to be used on trades for
Grace Kelly
Erin McKinnon
Nicola Stevens

5. St Kilda
Rd 2
13. St Kilda
Rd 3
There was some discussion about this in the provisional draft order thread. The expansion announcement wasn't worded as clearly as it could have been, but it did say that expansion teams would get picks at the end of each round - including the first, presumably. So (in Vic) 1-4 expansion teams; 5-12 existing teams; 13-14 expansion teams; 15-22 existing teams; 23-24 expansion teams, etc. That's what I was going off, anyway.

yeah like you said
"Vic expansion teams have the first four of the first round and the last two of each round after that"
Not 'each round after that' - the last two of each round, including the first.

A state-based draft will be held following the Sign & Trade Period. The expansion clubs will receive the first eight picks. The order of the expansion clubs will be based on random selection. For the remainder of the picks, the draft order will be based on existing clubs’ 2022 finishing positions with the expansion clubs then added to the end of each round. The final draft order may be affected as a result of the Expansion Signing Period and will be finalised ahead of the 2022 NAB AFLW Draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back