2022 Membership Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

You never know.. He could be posturing. Key question is, what was the membership same time last year. Probably closer to 50,000 one would think?
This may be a reasonable guide? Granted for 2018 year but timing exact and likely solely includes rollovers. Maybe or maybe not… BFDD1053-4138-4279-ABAD-1163FBF2D17D.jpeg

Indications are that Richmond have ticked over 64,000. However this isn’t an official update directly from the club. Appears broadly in line with 2021 tracking from back of envelope comparison to prior year.

Indications are that Richmond have ticked over 64,000. However this isn’t an official update directly from the club. Appears broadly in line with 2021 tracking from back of envelope comparison to prior year.
That figure comes from my post on OER. I spoke directly to our (RFC) membership dept. last Friday.

2022 membership (oneeyed-richmond.com)

St Kilda - 29,467.

Tracking well ahead of last year same time. Given the club grew strongly last year this could be that naturally it has thousands more on auto renewal that have been clocked. It will either naturally grow more slowly that last year from once auto renewals complete, or it will continue and reflect another year of strong growth.

Interesting where they finish up. As reported last week the club is forecasting a 10,000 drop in membership worth over a million. Certainly be one club moving south not north in membership numbers in 2022.
My uneducated gut feel is they’re approx -5,000 Vs same time last year. Although I’m not completely sure about this. In previous years they had ticked over 50,000 by this time.

My uneducated gut feel is they’re approx -5,000 Vs same time last year. Although I’m not completely sure about this. In previous years they had ticked over 50,000 by this time.
Suspect a % will not rejoin on principle over the Clarkson departure . Collingwood the other big Melbourne club you would suspect to have less members than last year. My Pies mates were very angry over the salary cap player mismanagement over last Summer. [ and who could blame them?]
Like the Hawks, the Pies looking at losing more games than they win next season may sway the swinging member to a no.

I think the drop off regarding Kennett and the handling of the Clarkson departure will have an impact, but the growing sentiment within the “Hawks for change” supporters is that there’s a light at the end of the tunnel in that regard, so although some members will have cut their membership up in protest of Jeff, others will feel like now is the exact time to support the club.

Suspect a % will not rejoin on principle over the Clarkson departure . Collingwood the other big Melbourne club you would suspect to have less members than last year. My Pies mates were very angry over the salary cap player mismanagement over last Summer. [ and who could blame them?]
Like the Hawks, the Pies looking at losing more games than they win next season may sway the swinging member to a no.
I think Collingwood will marginally grow on the back of the new dawn under Mc Crae and the arrival of Daicos is positive. However, this may all be determined by how they go in the early part of the season… Ditto Carlton and Essendon who I both believe will be targeting over 85,000.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noting growth coming from AFLW categories. Confirmation I think that AFLW memberships, totalling 1,500-3,500 members per club with an AFLW licence include these categories in their total membership figures.

This will provide Hawthirn, Swans, Bombers and Power a tailwind for their vlub 2023 membership campaigns. B4B7B257-5010-4070-B1D9-C2919551D839.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back