2022 New Music

Remove this Banner Ad

The new album is very good. I quite liked their recent, more experimental stuff, but it's nice to go back to straightforward indie pop sounds.
I got the album on your recommendation. I bought "Being Funny In A Foreign Language", burnt a copy and put it in the car where it has been playing every time I got into the car since then. It is a really enjoyable album and every track is good one. Plenty of influences to be heard, The Beatles, Tears for Fears, Simon and Garfunkel harmonies and just about any 80's type synth band you can think of. Thanks, I will check out some of their other albums.

Last edited:

vs freak on a leash.
should see a new album in 2023. bit less of a bluesy twang and more straight up. they still make the mistake of over-producing her voice to have it fill all the gaps, too much of a good thing. bit of clipping they need to fix too.

The 1975 - Being Funny In A Foreign Language, one of my two favourite albums for 2022.

Orville Peck - Bronco, is the other one. Gifted with an unbelievable voice. Hard to describe, but a bit like Elvis crossed with Roy Orbison.

Last edited:
This was my list for 2022, another banger year

topsters2.jpg

Billy Woods - Aethiopes
Trhä - vat gëlénva!!!
Sheng Jie 盛潔 & Shen Jing 沈靜 - Parallel Weaving 聲比成音
Guppy - 777antasy
DJ Travella - Mr Mixondo

Dewa Alit - Chasing The Phantom
Ka - Woeful Studies
Naujawanan Baidar - Khedmat Be Khalq
DJ DEADHORSES - Death Rides a Pale White Horse
Sunik Kim - Raid on White Tiger Regiment

Soul Glo - Diaspora Problems
CHANEZE - EROS
Sakata Akira, Yoshida Tatsuya, Sato Kenji, Kido Natsuki, Takeda Risa - MN Session 2022 March
Loraine James - Building Something Beautiful For Me
Patrick Shiroishi - Inoue

Tantric Bile - Befoulment!!!
Diamanda Galás - Broken Gargoyles
Billy Woods - Church
Oren Ambarchi / Johan Berthling / Andreas Werliin - Ghosted
LK (Creative Victoria) - Endless Bullshit, Vol. 1

Katarina Gryvul - Tysha
Lilien Rosarian - Every Flower in My Garden
Effluence - Liquefied
Puce Mary - You Must Have Been Dreaming
Keiji Haino & SUMAC - Into this juvenile apocalypse our golden blood to pour let us never

Ka - Languish Arts
gogoj - 耳熵 Ear Entropy
Na-Kel Smith - SKULLFACE BONEHEAD
Kali Malone - Living Torch
Blackout - Dreamworld: Othaside

Daniela Lalita - Trececerotres
Pan Daijing - Tissues
Sig Nu Gris - Threshold
Aaron Turner - To Speak
Tegh & Adel Poursamadi - Ima ایما

Park Zero - Proxy
Kido, Yoshida, Takeda - 神無月の印象 / Impressions of October
Spy / Maniac - Split
Earl Sweatshirt - Sick!
Madeleine Cocolas - Spectral

Trhä - Endlhëdëhaj qáshmëna ëlh vim innivte
White Suns - Dead Time
Cities Aviv - Man Plays the Horn
Loraine James + TSVI - 053
Zguba - Znój

Keiji Haino / Jim O'Rourke / Oren Ambarchi - "Caught in the dilemma of being made to choose"...
al.divino x Estee Nack - Triple Black Diamonds 2
Violeta Garcia - FOBIA
Ensemble Nist-Nah - Elders
Ecko Bazz - Mmaso

I got the album on your recommendation. I bought "Being Funny In A Foreign Language", burnt a copy and put it in the car where it has been playing every time I got into the car since then. It is a really enjoyable album and every track is good one. Plenty of influences to be heard, The Beatles, Tears for Fears, Simon and Garfunkel harmonies and just about any 80's type synth band you can think of. Thanks, I will check out some of their other albums.

I find it very interesting that someone your age is getting into a band like the 1975 (you revealed your age on the EFL forum)

I always wonder if I'll get to a certain age at which I stop listening to any current mainstream bands.

I find it very interesting that someone your age is getting into a band like the 1975 (you revealed your age on the EFL forum)

I always wonder if I'll get to a certain age at which I stop listening to any current mainstream bands.
You would probably be more surprised by the amount of music I listen to, 2 or 3 albums a day plus and audio book. I have found that modern "mainstream pop" music is much less appealing as it all sounds very similar and most artists can't sing without autotune. I tend to listen to a lot of indie artists because they aren't making music to a formula. Still listen to lots of Jazz influenced stuff because it is always evolving, generally all the musicians are top notch and the singers can really sing.
Listening to WILSN's new album "Those Days Are Over" at the moment. Very nice. I will listen to anything as long as it's good.

Last edited:
I'm in my 40s and always listening to new music. Despite what people say, music doesn't get worse, people just find less time to listen to music, so when they do, they fall back on what they know.
It has absolutely no doubt got a lot worse! And there is more than one reason for that.

It has absolutely no doubt got a lot worse! And there is more than one reason for that.
Nope. That's nostalgia talking. Go back and look at the top 10s from the 70s and 80s, regularly full of garbage you probably don't remember because radio stations curate their playlists and only the cream rises to the top as the years progress. A lot of the 'classics' you hear today didn't necessarily chart spectacularly. In fact, I input a couple of random dates to find out what was number one in Australia in 1982, 1983 and 1984... we have Up Where We Belong by Joe Cocker, Abracadabra by the Steve Miller Band and Hello by Lionel Richie. Reckon plenty of music today compares favourably to all of those.

Now the means of disseminating music has changed, you no longer get shared cultural experiences, but there is music being made today that's as good as anything made in the past. And there's garbage charting that is equally as crap as songs that charted in the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope. That's nostalgia talking. Go back and look at the top 10s from the 70s and 80s, regularly full of garbage you probably don't remember because radio stations curate their playlists and only the cream rises to the top as the years progress. A lot of the 'classics' you hear today didn't necessarily chart spectacularly. In fact, I input a couple of random dates to find out what was number one in Australia in 1982, 1983 and 1984... we have Up Where We Belong by Joe Cocker, Abracadabra by the Steve Miller Band and Hello by Lionel Richie. Reckon plenty of music today compares favourably to all of those.

Now the means of disseminating music has changed, you no longer get shared cultural experiences, but there is music being made today that's as good as anything made in the past. And there's garbage charting that is equally as crap as songs that charted in the past.

Preach brother.

Joji's Glimpse of Us, whatever anybody thinks is glorious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back