Mega Thread 2022/23 Off-Season Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

respect to her for achieving her dreams, winning what she wanted to do, and pulling the plug while her body is still in good condition. to have your whole life ahead of, achieved your dreams and set up more or less to do whatever you want for the rest of your life? can't blame her in the slighest

I wonder if she will be lining up for Richmond next AFLW season. I'm not kidding.
It's possible, but she says in her Instagram interview that she "gets to enjoy the next phase of her life as Ash Barty the person, not Ash Barty the athlete" indicating no more sport. But I guess time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cummins and Starc just obliterated Pakistan out of nowhere.
Lost their last 8 for 20 odd runs
Saw Pakistan lose a wicket and I was like, yeah, I might actually tune in to see if something happens.

Nek minute...

Boy, Starc and Cummins are on, they are ******* on...

Barty will play AFLW for Richmond I reckon, might not be next year but she will do it

Maybe looking at having a kid? She does state she wants to spend time at home in Aus so I don't think she will chase the Cricketing for Australia dream

AFLW for Richmond is the most realistic choice

What you reckon you can just switch from tennis to playing footy just like that lol there’s some dreamers in here.

Like you can switch from cricket to tennis and end up world number one?

That never happens and if it did we aren't talking about that exact sportsperson either.

Lol Socceroos. I look forward to watching the replay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back