The Punting Thread - Home of the 9 leg multi.

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard on the news betting suspended, I can only assume it's on our game.
Assume no more bro

AFL 2022: West Coast searches for replacements as Covid leaves club in dire situation with players​

Betting has been suspended by some agencies on the North Melbourne-West Coast match as the Eagles scramble to field a team. Get the latest on the unfolding saga.

Brayden Quartermaine, Jay Clark and Glenn McFarlane

West Coast is scrambling to find replacement players from its COVID-19 top-up list in order to fill a full side for its clash against North Melbourne on Sunday.
On a day of drama at the club, the Eagles have forecast at least 12 changes from last week’s team and are down to about 18 available players due to COVID-19 after the virus hammered the playing list in recent days.

It leaves the Eagles on a desperate hunt for replacements from the WAFL with the league adamant the game will go ahead at Marvel Stadium on Sunday as scheduled.

Remarkably, the bulk of the top-up players have never trained with the team, or even met some of the West Coast players.

Coach Adam Simpson said there will be plenty of introductions on Saturday before the team has its final training session and then flies to Melbourne for the Round 2 clash.

All players will have to test negative before boarding the charter flight on Saturday and then again before taking the field on Sunday.

The outs for the Eagles include Josh Kennedy, Tom Barrass, Jack Redden, Zac Langdon, Josh Rotham and Isiah Winder.

Subiaco 190cm backman Angus Dewar, Declan Mountford and Logan Young are all in line to tackle North Melbourne as the Eagles scramble for like-for-like replacements.

FROM OUR PARTNERS
offnet.svg

Watch Budget Night 2022 live Tuesday 5pm AEDT on Sky News. Stream on Flash.

Betting was suspended on the game on Friday.

North Melbourne started the week at $2.10, had shortened to $1.70 after teams were released on Thursday night and then were wound into $1.40 as news continued to break on Friday about the Eagles’ outs.

By about 3pm, bookmakers across the country had shut down markets on the West Coast-North Melbourne clash.

Simpson said having young parents on the club’s list made them more vulnerable to the virus.

“I don’t want to compare what is going on, but I daresay we’ve got more kids than other clubs. I think we’ve got 10-13 dads,” he said.

Simpson said having young parents on the club’s list made them more vulnerable to the virus.

“I don’t want to compare what is going on, but I daresay we’ve got more kids than other clubs. I think we’ve got 10-13 dads,” he said.

“You can’t completely avoid the family situation, same as everyone else. But we also train together, too.”

Simpson said the club had not ruled out the prospect of discovering more positive cases across the weekend.

The Eagles are slated to play Fremantle in Round 3 next weekend in Perth.

“If you unfortunately get a couple of cases in Melbourne you’re stuck in Melbourne,” Simpson said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As always, I get greedy and add extra leg to up the odds. Makeshift Park got it right. 3 legs and take home a profit.
god damned if i didn't do it again today.

Collingwood win, Mihocek goal, Elliot goal, Rachelle goal, De goey 20 touches. BUT failed to go over 165.

I got a share in a horse in the Melavista @ Ascot on sat family.

Number 5 Henchard, he’s been racing well and been working his way upto 2200. He’s being set for the WA Derby over 2400 in a couple of weeks time.

Drawn the carpark in 15 which doesn’t help but the two top weights (and favourites) have drawn wide too.

If he gets a sit he will fly home - we’re hoping for some luck. Each way.

Happy punting 🍻
Hope they told you they weren't running to win. Went to the lead very early. Clearly ridden for the run.

Hope they told you they weren't running to win. Went to the lead very early. Clearly ridden for the run.
Yeah very strange run, TBH I wasnt happy we went straight to the lead and did all the work - thats not his go.

Will be very interested to hear what the trainer says..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back