Draft Review 2022 - Revisit the 2022 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

he looks a gun.
Ashcroft and Sheezel also look like they could be anything.

Our man Cadman also has a very high ceiling, but is clearly a bigger risk than those above.

Humphrey is another in that conversation.

someone like Ginby looks assured to be a good player, but I'd be shocked if he was ever a great player (lets face it, not many are), where as any of the above 5 could be a great player imo.

That said, It is way too early to make any judgement on this class yet.
I wont comment on Cadman, basically havent learnt anything on him yet after one year which you rarely can on KPFs. Good effort even to be getting games in a very good team.

Ashcroft and Sheezel and the biggest sure things IMO. Both will be guns for over 250 games barring injury (ACLs arent as bad as they used to be but they are still pretty bad) with debate on just how good. Wardlaw the most special looking to me. Ginbey I agree will be an absolute bull without quite the ceiling of particularly those three and Humphrey.

I now look forward to WC mates pinging me in 10 years when Ginbey wins a brownlow or something haha

Hard to do these lists this early but Wardlaw easily the highest ceiling IMO it's just the way he plays and already having injury concerns make him a worry. I hope we get to see him reach that ceiling because it will be awesome to watch

I think Humphrey (if he stays healthy) has a potentially similar match winning ability to Dusty (big call I know)

Can't wait to see him mature and how he plays under Dimma.

The Suns will be a much watch team over the next decade with all their talent !

Ginbey absolutely has potential to be great based on athletic traits alone, could see him being a faster version of Cripps at max potential.
You would have watched him closer than me, I saw him more as a Cal Ward type, which you'd take every day of the week. But maybe he is better than I think.

I wont comment on Cadman, basically havent learnt anything on him yet after one year which you rarely can on KPFs. Good effort even to be getting games in a very good team.

Ashcroft and Sheezel and the biggest sure things IMO. Both will be guns for over 250 games barring injury (ACLs arent as bad as they used to be but they are still pretty bad) with debate on just how good. Wardlaw the most special looking to me. Ginbey I agree will be an absolute bull without quite the ceiling of particularly those three and Humphrey.

I now look forward to WC mates pinging me in 10 years when Ginbey wins a brownlow or something haha
Seems like we are seeing similarly

You would have watched him closer than me, I saw him more as a Cal Ward type, which you'd take every day of the week. But maybe he is better than I think.
Would be the most athletically gifted midfielder in the draft comfortably

Needs to work on his outside accumulation mainly and a bit more stoppage nous reach his potential.

Maybe be peak Yeo who was probably a top 5 mid in the league a better comparison.

Needs to work on his outside accumulation mainly and a bit more stoppage nous reach his potential.

Maybe be peak Yeo who was probably a top 5 mid in the league a better comparison.
Our man Ed Allan looked good on those tests.

Weddle the best athlete in the class comfortably

Is this really a thing? Who is the best athlete?? I’ll take the best footballer over the best athlete.

Its like a tennis player being really good at ping pong.
Every player has strengths and weaknesses at this stage of their career, Weddle is a super aerobic athlete, Ginbey is dynamic with his agility and power.

When your looking at a players potential I don't see a problem with supporters putting the cards on the table.

I'll say one thing, anyone who saw Weddle play that practice game against Geelong then saw his back half of the year will know just rapid of an improvement he has had and how determined he is to improve. I mean he had 28 and 2 goals from HB/Wing after playing as a FB at TAC level.

He has a brother in this year's draft who is apparently even better than him.

Exciting times for Crows fans
Think the following year he is available... early days yet, but hopefully will be as good.

Welsh though is available next year for father & son.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane Cornes just put the kiss of death on Weddle. The next Cripps and better over head.
Haven't heard it but honestly I'm not surprised by this, he has always been a big fan of guys with a huge workrate, determination and aerobic ability. He himself had these attributes when he played.

Regarding the next Cripps comment, that's a pretty big call lol one I'm not even making. How does the saying go 'Potential is a dirty word' 😂

Yet didn’t give him a vote in the rising star. I wonder what changed from September to now.
We all know Cornesy wears different hats, by chance did he give Michalanney votes, the SA hat usually is the most dominant.

(I'm not s**t canning Michalanney)

We all know Cornesy wears different hats, by chance did he give Michalanney votes, the SA hat usually is the most dominant.

(I'm not s**t canning Michalanney)
Kornes hates the Crows, so he isn't going to give us any favours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back