Autopsy 2022 Round 20 - Sydney Swans v GWS Giants, 2.10 pm Saturday 30 July @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

How could he put Whitfield in that group?
It would have to be on GPS figures and other team measurable’s but to the eye he was very disappointing. He is one of the teams best runners and kicks, he has to drive the team and he’s not doing that. I still think he’s not 100% fit, same with Haynes. The drop off is too far.

Everyone in the GWS section noticed that on Aleer.
Toby got his head taken off and jumped in the back and nothing, of course.
He took a nice mark in the last qtr and the Swans player on grabbed him and wouldn't let him go for the longest time, nothing.
I was in that bay 🙂

It would have to be on GPS figures and other team measurable’s but to the eye he was very disappointing. He is one of the teams best runners and kicks, he has to drive the team and he’s not doing that. I still think he’s not 100% fit, same with Haynes. The drop off is too far.
I really don't think he's 100% battled with all sorts of lingering issues this whole year and still think he's played quite well considering, one of our best players when fully fit and gonna be huge for next year

I really don't think he's 100% battled with all sorts of lingering issues this whole year and still think he's played quite well considering, one of our best players when fully fit and gonna be huge for next year
But we are talking about him as if he's a battler. He was a pick #1. He is in the prime of his career and should be dominating games. I would argue he isn't in the top 100 players in the league right now. How many years in his 10 years in the AFL has Whitfield been in the top 10 or even 20 players in the competition? Maybe 1 or 2?

Truth is we must put a lot of this down to the development and coaching staff at the Giants. Just players you feel haven't fulfilled their potential. But, also blame must also be put heavily on our recruiting staff and trying to fit 10 midfielders into 18 spots on the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back