Preview 2022 Round 3 - GWS Giants v Gold Coast Suns, 4.35 pm Sat 2 April @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Riccardi was stiff to be dropped his goal kicking was frustrating last week but thought he was second best of the KF outside of HH, Flynn quite stiff to be dropped, keen to see what Peatling gives us I assume up forward, Leek seems pretty close if one of Stein or Keefe don't perform
Second best KF isn't much of a praise for a team who hasn't had a good KF since Cameron left the club haha

I am really concerned that we have a backs against the wall type dour slog win. As non-loyal as it is I actually want us to lose today against the Suns as this will heap more pressure on the board to boot Leon. Have had enough. For some reason he still believes bombing it high with no look non directional kicks on the heads of our undersized KF's is going to kick us a winning score. I would actually rather us kick 20 goals and lose than watch this rubbish they are dealing out.
Think about this, we have picked a ton of top quality talent (that are blessed with skills and game breaking abilities) bundled them together and brought them in to the AFL system and forced them to play a kick mark side ways / backwards, highly contested game style ala the Swans of yesteryear only difference is the Swans had battlers that they manage to get the most out of and we have top line young talent who are barely showing 50% of their talent. Then we get it to the middle and bomb it long into the forward lines only for our forwards to either concede a mark or the ball hits the ground and the opposition runs it straight out and scores the other way. Sound familiar? Yep it has happened for about 5 years now and now we don't even have the talent to take a contested grab in our F50 nor the smalls to hold the ball in at ground level.

We need change and I am hoping the change happens after a loss this week against the Suns. But no doubt we will scrap a win and the pressure will be eased on Leon for another week.

Let's go SUNS

rant over

And on that note, let's start the gameday thread and fire up in support of our team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back