Position 2022 Rucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Okay, thanks for your views, it's what I asked for.

I actually don't want him to 'break out' as such, just a reasonable run of games (say 8) averaging around 90 with a couple of spike games which should see him make around $125k. Coupled with Preuss (who could get a run of 8 games or so as the main ruck) with an 80 average should see him make $150k. A simple 1 up 1 down would see me with an uber ruck.

Most on the Hawks board consider Lynch to be back up and Bigboy to be the 2nd relief.

FWIW I'm considering Witts R1-Reeves R2-Preuss R3. The money saved eliminates 2 rookies from the field and (hopefully) 1 less upgrade.

Just go Witts Preuss Hayes/Comben and save even more money. Reeves has played 5 games. He's had a 19 kick career so far. 90 is an optimistic projection IMO.

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
I doubt that Max would have agreed to move across unless he'd been promised some opportunity at AFL level. What would be the point? May as well have stayed behind Grundy at the Pies
McEvoy will turn 34 next year, IMO Lynch is there to take over some his ruck duties next year and all of them the year after.

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Just go Witts Preuss Hayes/Comben and save even more money. Reeves has played 5 games. He's had a 19 kick career so far. 90 is an optimistic projection IMO.
If you take out his game against the Dees then he averaged 90 in the other four with a high of 112. It's a minute sample size but he does have a reasonable draw in the 1st 6 games, anyway PS might shed some more light.

Starting Hayes/Comben over Reeves would require another trade to get a $650k+ ruck

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you take out his game against the Dees then he averaged 90 in the other four with a high of 112. It's a minute sample size but he does have a reasonable draw in the 1st 6 games, anyway PS might shed some more light.

Starting Hayes/Comben over Reeves would require another trade to get a $650k+ ruck

Good luck with it mate

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Probably way too early but is there any intel in Mac Andrew? With Witts coming in that probably makes him redundant I wonder how far off he is though. There's not a lot of comments on him on the Gold Coast board.

Can see him being a monster in a couple of years (SC-wise anyway) given he's basically a tall midfielder and sat behind the ball a bit as a junior too.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Probably way too early but is there any intel in Mac Andrew? With Witts coming in that probably makes him redundant I wonder how far off he is though. There's not a lot of comments on him on the Gold Coast board.

Can see him being a monster in a couple of years (SC-wise anyway) given he's basically a tall midfielder and sat behind the ball a bit as a junior too.
Doubt he plays AFL this year. Best scenario is he's R/F $124k next year.

Mountain Dew will probably play him in the last game of the season and ruin him like Davies...............

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
This thread shouldn't be more than 1 page long.

You lock in Gawn who is feeding the best midfield in the league and gets fed by the best midfield in the league when he goes fwd.

Then you decide between Darcy or Grundy both will score about the same so go with whomever you have the biggest crush on.

Bench player depends on cash leftover from the rest of your team which is more important to get right because you're never moving from your starting rucks.

timtimtim

Club Legend
Feb 27, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
This thread shouldn't be more than 1 page long.

You lock in Gawn who is feeding the best midfield in the league and gets fed by the best midfield in the league when he goes fwd.

Then you decide between Darcy or Grundy both will score about the same so go with whomever you have the biggest crush on.

Bench player depends on cash leftover from the rest of your team which is more important to get right because you're never moving from your starting rucks.

yawn

I’d pick Chol twice if I could

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I doubt that Max would have agreed to move across unless he'd been promised some opportunity at AFL level. What would be the point? May as well have stayed behind Grundy at the Pies

Preuss moved from North to the Dees knowing that he would be well behind Gawn, just as he was behind Goldy. Why? Some teams apparently pay good money for quality ruck back-up/insurance. IIRC Dees payed 400k+ for Preuss to play mostly VFL. If you have a gun ruck who is also one of your teams best players, you'd want to have decent replacement in the twos just in case.

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Preuss moved from North to the Dees knowing that he would be well behind Gawn, just as he was behind Goldy. Why? Some teams apparently pay good money for quality ruck back-up/insurance. IIRC Dees payed 400k+ for Preuss to play mostly VFL. If you have a gun ruck who is also one of your teams best players, you'd want to have decent replacement in the twos just in case.

Yeah, that move by Preuss never made much sense. People questioned it at the time.

So Lynch is now behind a 23 year old with 5 games to his name? Like, he probably is, but I wouldn't think he was far behind.

In Round 7, when the Hawks play Melbourne, does Mitchell run Reeves, who had has arse handed to him by Gawn last year, or Lynch, who more than held his own against him last year? If I'm Mitchell, I'm playing Lynch. Just doubt Reeves will be the no 1 week in week out at this stage

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah, that move by Preuss never made much sense. People questioned it at the time.

So Lynch is now behind a 23 year old with 5 games to his name? Like, he probably is, but I wouldn't think he was far behind.

In Round 7, when the Hawks play Melbourne, does Mitchell run Reeves, who had has arse handed to him by Gawn last year, or Lynch, who more than held his own against him last year? If I'm Mitchell, I'm playing Lynch. Just doubt Reeves will be the no 1 week in week out at this stage

I can see Hawks alternating between the two and not playing both at the same time unless one of them grabs the brass ring at some point. Which one has the most room for improvement at the elite level remains to be seen.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Cmon, don't sit on the fence .....tell us your "real" thoughts on Fort :moustache:
Its not like Geelong have stellar rucks keeping Fort out.
He has moved to a club with better rucks(Omac) and P/T rucks (Daniher)
I would be surprised if he plays all year. Especially with Hipwood coming back earlier than expected. (He has little value as a KPF)
my 2c

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Its not like Geelong have stellar rucks keeping Fort out.
He has moved to a club with better rucks(Omac) and P/T rucks (Daniher)
I would be surprised if he plays all year. Especially with Hipwood coming back earlier than expected. (He has little value as a KPF)
my 2c
BTW .....I agree with you ;)

Nothing to see here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back