Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

George Kramer

That discussion you had with some players dads. Was one of them Rachele's old man? You can PM me if you want.
My money would be on Brodie Smith going on some of the stuff I've heard mentioned.

He’s garbage. The time to recognise it is well past..

He started the year off garbage in the preseason and first couple of rounds.. then he had a patch of about 4 or 5 half decent games… followed by about 8-10 weeks of shite.

He’s not a midfielder. He’s too erratic, too poorly skilled and a bad decision maker on most occassions with ball in hand.

Then up comes the Carlton game and, as a few in here had been saying shouldve happened all year, they placed him at half forward and he played a blinder.. and everyone, including myself, cheered him for it and said “LEAVE HIM THERE PERMENANTLY!.. and keep him away from our midfield where he just seems to ruin our setup there.

So what do they do?.. they *ing put him back in there and he returns to his garbage self and our midfield looks s**t again (see the first half on the weekend when he was back in the middle)

I dont give a fk if a few here disagree but the facts are there for all to see..

And they would see them if they simply put their love for him, due to his unrelenting effort and never give in attitude, aside and actually accept that he’s a very limited footballer.

Traits of Poor skills, poor decision making, erratic and unpredictable play far outweigh the traits of effort and never give up.. this will always be the case at the top level.
It’s Kane Mitchell

I'd say with the Himmelberg signing the Weideman talks will cool off

I don’t.

Our key position stocks are virtually non-existent.

Besides players currently in the 22, we have:

Himmelberg
Frampton (who is clearly being delisted or traded this offseason)
McAsey (who is clearly no chance of ever playing another senior game for us and a virtual lock to be traded this offseason or traded next year, or delisted next year)
Borlase (who is probably a 5% chance of ever playing an AFL game for us, IF he is retained on the rookie list for another year)

That’s it. That’s the list. If two of Walker, Fogarty, Thilthorpe, Butts and Murray were to get injured before Round 1, we would potentially have Himmelberg and an empty slot to replace them.

Combine that with Tex nearing the end and the fact that most 18 year old KPP draftees take 2-3 years to be effective at AFL level, not only do we need to pursue one mature age key position player, we need to pursue two IMO. Maybe it’s Weideman this year and Cox next year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Soligo & Rachele are untouchable.

There is a reason we extended their contracts this year before either had okayed a single game for the club.
Yep. Cripes Soligo is a draft steal that Nicks has been talking up, and we all know what we have with Rachele and know he is going to end up in the middle as well.

Guess he's been buying the talk we'll trade Rachele for JHF?

I’ll drive Chayce to the airport. The other two are going nowhere.

Probably the wrong thread, but I’m just gonna post this here anyway…

Here’s my PlayStation trade proposal to get both JHF and Rankine in the door this offseason:

We give: Chayce, Luke Brown, Sholl, McAsey, Pick 5, our 2023 1st rounder and our 2023 2nd rounder

We receive: Rankine, JHF, Carlton’s 2023 2nd rounder

North give: JHF, 2022 3rd rounder

North receive: Pick 5, Chayce Jones, Luke Brown, Adelaide’s 2023 2nd rounder

Gold Coast give: Rankine, 2022 4th rounder

Gold Coast receive: Adelaide’s 2023 1st rounder, North’s 2022 3rd rounder, P
Dow

Carlton give: 2023 2nd rounder, P Dow

Carlton receive: McAsey, Sholl, Gold Coast’s 2022 4th rounder

Note: North’s backline is the worst I’ve probably ever seen and they could use Brown’s experience back there IMO, even if it’s just as much about coaching as it is playing.

Second note: yes I’m aware this won’t happen, but is anyone really getting screwed over in the deal? I think not.

Second note: yes I’m aware this won’t happen, but is anyone really getting screwed over in the deal? I think not.
Doesn't look like a good deal for GC. If Adelaide were to improve next year, they'd be getting screwed.

Also not sure Brown and Jones carry much value even as steak knives. That's a nil all draw for North and they'd be wanting better given JHF is still under contract.

Doesn't look like a good deal for GC. If Adelaide were to improve next year, they'd be getting screwed.

Also not sure Brown and Jones carry much value even as steak knives. That's a nil all draw for North and they'd be wanting better given JHF is still under contract.
Next year’s draft is considered stronger than 2022. Even if we improve to say, 11th, the pick 8 next year is likely worth the same or more as pick 5 this year IMO. I think a lot of clubs would look at our list and say “are they really going to finish higher than 11th or 12th in 2023?”

Jones has value - I think he’s still worth pick 25-30 as a contracted player. Brown is genuine steak knives, but targeted steak knives for a defence that is devoid of any leadership.

Guess he's been buying the talk we'll trade Rachele for JHF?

Soligo is no chance to be traded. Jones isn't worth much in a trade and the club isn't trading Rachele. The players I think the club would be willing to entertain a trade are Keays, McAdam, McHenry. Milera, Frampton, Crouch, Jones.

Soligo is no chance to be traded. Jones isn't worth much in a trade and the club isn't trading Rachele. The players I think the club would be willing to entertain a trade are Keays, McAdam, McHenry. Milera, Frampton, Crouch, Jones.
Not so sure re soligo and i go right back to the trade to get darren jarman. We traded sean wellman who was a very promising up and coming player. If the club wants JHF enough, i could see them parting with him and a pick. Crying shame to lose him if it were to be though

Next year’s draft is considered stronger than 2022. Even if we improve to say, 11th, the pick 8 next year is likely worth the same or more as pick 5 this year IMO.

Jones has value - I think he’s still worth pick 25-30 as a contracted player. Brown is genuine steak knives, but targeted steak knives for a defence that is devoid of any leadership.
That's an interesting point on the quality of next years draft. I dunno about the bolded part about Chayce though. A player isn't just worth more because they have a contract. For a second round pick, they'd want a consistent performer. If anything I'd say the contract actually limits his options because other teams won't want to pay a premium for him. Without a contract, more teams would be willing to take a punt. I admit I'm not keen on Chayce though so it's not an unbiased call.

No way Soligo gets traded. He fits Nicks's specifications.

I don't see how Jones would be worth enough to implicate the JHF trade. What would he be worth? An early third?

Rachele would be sought after.
I'm sticking with Rachele.

Trading him out sends a terrible message to the whole AFL community and our own playing group. We'd never attract another player again...ever!

I don’t.

Our key position stocks are virtually non-existent.

Besides players currently in the 22, we have:

Himmelberg
Frampton (who is clearly being delisted or traded this offseason)
McAsey (who is clearly no chance of ever playing another senior game for us and a virtual lock to be traded this offseason or traded next year, or delisted next year)
Borlase (who is probably a 5% chance of ever playing an AFL game for us, IF he is retained on the rookie list for another year)

That’s it. That’s the list. If two of Walker, Fogarty, Thilthorpe, Butts and Murray were to get injured before Round 1, we would potentially have Himmelberg and an empty slot to replace them.

Combine that with Tex nearing the end and the fact that most 18 year old KPP draftees take 2-3 years to be effective at AFL level, not only do we need to pursue one mature age key position player, we need to pursue two IMO. Maybe it’s Weideman this year and Cox next year?
I agree with the sentiment and given our drafting of forward flankers , we need to turnover our kpd.

But I still see kpp as trade INS rather than drafting. Unless of course a Thilthorpe comes along.

ie first pick should always be a midfielder. Then use lesser picks for trade capital

I'm sticking with Rachele.

Trading him out sends a terrible message to the whole AFL community and our own playing group. We'd never attract another player again...ever!
I was only saying Rachele has currency if we're going after a monster trade, it wasn't a statement that I think he's s**t or that we should get rid of him.

I don't really see how it would ruin the club's reputation though. He'd have to agree to a trade. We can't force him out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back