News 2022 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure we were trying to play perfect football. We were very stagnant and 1 dimensional with King as you said our main target. I think only Peter Wright was targeted more for a forward in the comp. I'm confident our structure and movement will be much better with our new coaching group. Steele and Gresh, can also rotate forward more and hopefully hit the scoreboard. Higgins has shown he can be a gun small forward. I think we actually need a 2nd key forward to be a serious threat - hopefully Battle / Hayes or Sharman can do that next year

Having King run leads would make a huge difference. It's like making a golfer play every shot with his putter at the moment.

Having King run leads would make a huge difference. It's like making a golfer play every shot with his putter at the moment.
Imagine the space he’d leave when 3 blokes go with him on the lead.

Kozi was maligned for a long time but he tore out of the square when he led and left a massive hole behind him (which Roo was often drifting back into from burning a defender up and back).

Cornes’ job is literally to create headlines like he did there. Pretty much everything he says should be disregarded.

To be fair, there is a lot of pressure on him to keep producing a high volume of his signature crap.

0suKpWG.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get your point my frustration with the media especially people like Cornes and Barrett is they have created this narrative which at times I agree is warranted but we are constantly put in this position as a club with no clue or idea regardless of what we do. I would hate to see what this negative media has done to us in terms of member and potentially trades..
Barrett goes for North. He bags the Saints because it deflects from his s**t show of a club. Bear in mind he has to wear that face of his until the day he dies. It must be hard for him. Show compassion.
Cornes is going through some sort of crisis, is more blonde than Barbie, and more orange than an oompah-lumpa...I suspect his hormones are everywhere. It must be difficult for him, we should be sympathetic or whatever.

22/11/2022
This is The Inner Sanctum’s top 50 power rankings for 2022.
  1. Will Ashcroft – Vic Metro
  2. Aaron Cadman – Vic Country
  3. George Wardlaw – Vic Metro
  4. Harry Sheezel – Vic Metro
  5. Bailey Humphrey – Vic Country
  6. Elijah Tsatas – Vic Metro
  7. Reuben Ginbey – WA
  8. Jedd Busslinger – WA
  9. Mattaes Phillipou – SA
  10. Jhye Clark – Vic Country
  11. Cam Mackenzie – Vic Metro
  12. Elijah Hewett – WA
  13. Oliver Hollands – Vic Country
  14. Josh Weddle – Vic Metro
  15. Isaac Keeler – SA
  16. Brayden George – Vic Country
  17. Henry Hustwaite – Vic Country
  18. Lewis Hayes – Vic Metro
  19. Alwyn Davey Jnr – Vic Metro
  20. Jaspa Fletcher – Allies
  21. Matthew Jefferson – Vic Metro
  22. Lachlan Cowan – Allies
  23. Jacob Konstanty – Vic Country
  24. Ed Allan – WA
  25. Harry Barnett – SA
  26. Darcy Jones – WA
  27. Jakob Ryan – SA
  28. Olli Hotton – Vic Metro
  29. Charlie Clarke – Vic Metro
  30. Anthony Munkara – Allies
  31. Jaxon Binns – Vic Country
  32. Max Gruzewski – Vic Country
  33. Adam D’Aloia – SA
  34. Mitch Szybkowski – Vic Country
  35. Coby Burgiel – Vic Country
  36. Max Michalanney – SA
  37. Jed Hagan – WA
  38. Harry Rowston – Allies
  39. Sam Gilbey – WA
  40. Tom McCallum – Allies
  41. Billy Dowling – SA
  42. James Van Es – Vic Country
  43. Cooper Harvey – Vic Metro
  44. Jackson Broadbent – WA
  45. Jason Gillbee – Allies
  46. Jaiden Magor – SA
  47. Blake Drury – Vic Metro
  48. Kaleb Smith – WA
  49. Harvey Gallagher – Vic Country
  50. Tom Scully – SA

I get your point my frustration with the media especially people like Cornes and Barrett is they have created this narrative which at times I agree is warranted but we are constantly put in this position as a club with no clue or idea regardless of what we do. I would hate to see what this negative media has done to us in terms of member and potentially trades..
So take it out of the media's hands and win some games then they wont be relevant , its about time this club and supporters stop blaming everyone else and just do what they are supposed to do ,,,, win games and flags

Lol yes. Disagree?
Hahahaha no no agree wholeheartedly.

I think i mentioned somewhere that our permanent forwards should probably be King, Hayes/Marshall/Membrey (as in one of them parked forward one in the ruck and one floating as a high half forward) then Butler.

IMO, Higgins, Gresh, Jones, Owens, Steele, Windy, Nas, Wood all roll between forward and mid at different times. The bolded spending more time forward than the non bolded.

Crouch, Ross and whoever is on the wings (assume Hill, D-Mac swapping with Nas and Wood) essentially stay as "full time" mids.

This means we have fresh mids, were constantly rotating and not letting the backline settle on opponents and structure and we get confusion in the defence.

It probably seems more complex than intended but rolling changes based on the 6-10 minute spells and rests its actually pretty simple.

FWIW i think we also have a backline/midfield rotation too, far less numbers and complexity but essentially Sinclair, Clark, Coff, Paton (depending on progress from his leg etc) spend some time in the midfield too but essentially move off the loose half back role. Dont want as many changes cause we want to settle back there but use the different strengths in the midfield from half back too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW i think we also have a backline/midfield rotation too, far less numbers and complexity but essentially Sinclair, Clark, Coff, Paton (depending on progress from his leg etc) spend some time in the midfield too but essentially move off the loose half back role. Dont want as many changes cause we want to settle back there but use the different strengths in the midfield from half back too.
Not that Im an AFL expert, but I coached a lot of years in country footy and from my experience rotating players from defence to midfield never seemed to work, unless they were taggers.

It is a completely different mind set, midfielders are see ball get ball types where as defenders have to be thinking about where their opponent are before they bounce off.

Sinclair maybe one player who can do both as he reads the play so well, but I wouldnt be doing it with others.

Not that Im an AFL expert, but I coached a lot of years in country footy and from my experience rotating players from defence to midfield never seemed to work, unless they were taggers.

It is a completely different mind set, midfielders are see ball get ball types where as defenders have to be thinking about where their opponent are before they bounce off.

Sinclair maybe one player who can do both as he reads the play so well, but I wouldnt be doing it with others.
So i played a reasonable level of footy and have a couple of mates in the afl system in different capacities.

Its not complex for those guys now, its actually pretty bog standard. Truthfully very few mids are see ball get ball types now. That sort of stuff is reserved for Cripps, Martin, Steele types. The rest all have a role. Inside, Outside, Defensive, Spacer, Tagger.

Take Windy as an example, hed be defensive/tag then as a forward hed be pressure.
Jones is a spacer/outside then a s a forward pressure, goal sneak.

Its not hard for the mid/fwds but that much movement makes it really had for the oppo defence.

EDIT - Just read your talking defenders... Yeh thats fair but i am also talking about one position for defenders (Sinclair/Coff and Clark/Paton as the more loosish defenders anyway). Im not wedded to the idea and if we want a more settled back 6 id be totally fine with that too. Just think those four guys could offer the midfield something as well.

I actually think the opposite will be true. The lack of a genuine CHB has meant they've utilized a swarm of mediums to get the job done in particular to contest the incoming high ball. I might be over playing what use Cordy might be, but getting a bigger unit to contests lets the others slip off and become attacking, which in turn allows for the use of midfileders rotating in that role.
Pato Cordy Wilkie
Coff Doogs Batts

Sincs, Ross, Jones, Clark

I actually think the opposite will be true. The lack of a genuine CHB has meant they've utilized a swarm of mediums to get the job done in particular to contest the incoming high ball. I might be over playing what use Cordy might be, but getting a bigger unit to contests lets the others slip off and become attacking, which in turn allows for the use of midfileders rotating in that role.
Pato Cordy Wilkie
Coff Doogs Batts

Sincs, Ross, Jones, Clark
Don’t hate it but honestly think Cordy isn’t best 22.

I don’t get this idea that Cordy is a bigger body than Battle or a more “true” CHB/FB.

Depending where you look he’s somewhere between 1 and 4 cms taller and 1 and 4 kgs heavier.

Battle looks stronger in the contest (seriously he’s an absolute prick in a one on one, scraps, scrags, holds, claws) he’s quicker a better mark, more mobile, better by foot.

I can’t understand anyone who thinks Cordy takes his spot and I can’t see how we play Howard, Cordy and Battle (I’m happy to be proven wrong and if Cordy frees up Howard and Battle I will happily eat my words) but if those three are in

Sinclair, Coff, Clark, Paton, Wilkie, Webster are fighting for 3 spots…

Last edited:
Imagine the space he’d leave when 3 blokes go with him on the lead.

Kozi was maligned for a long time but he tore out of the square when he led and left a massive hole behind him (which Roo was often drifting back into from burning a defender up and back).
Bloody great point Phanto...

One of my pet hates is how chronically disrespected Kosi is by StK supporters.

Bloody great point Phanto...

One of my pet hates is how chronically disrespected Kosi is by StK supporters.
He could have been absolutely anything. Unfortunately not a guy played "well" in a structure and the head injury really stifled him.

If hed played country footy he would have kicked 150 a year for 20 years i reckon.

Don’t hate it but honestly think Cordy isn’t best 22.
Yeah there is that. I really haven't ever noticed him play so I'm not gonna argue but l guess my point was that solving the KPD shortage opens the options fir the choice and role of the smalls.
My No1 wish next year is Ben McKay who'll be an UFA. I think he'll be very hot property.

Yeah there is that. I really haven't ever noticed him play so I'm not gonna argue but l guess my point was that solving the KPD shortage opens the options fir the choice and role of the smalls.
My No1 wish next year is Ben McKay who'll be an UFA. I think he'll be very hot property.
But I don’t think we’re short a KPD. We have Howard at FB, Battle at CHB and Wilkie/Coff for third (or Wilkie at CHB and Battle/Coff for third if you prefer).

Getting McKay would be different, that’s an elite FB that you build the structure around.

Cordy should be at Sandy imo.

But I don’t think we’re short a KPD. We have Howard at FB, Battle at CHB and Wilkie/Coff for third (or Wilkie at CHB and Battle/Coff for third if you prefer).

Getting McKay would be different, that’s an elite FB that you build the structure around.

Cordy should be at Sandy imo.
Agreed. Perhaps Cordy is just replacing the Irish l dunno. I would personally prefer Coff and Batts be less accountable so they can intercept.

Agreed. Perhaps Cordy is just replacing the Irish l dunno. I would personally prefer Coff and Batts be less accountable so they can intercept.
Thats not a bad option but then were a bit top heavy with Battle, Cordy and Howard all playing back IMO.

Its good we have options. Cordy is absolutely better than Darragh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back