List Mgmt. 2022 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody I know within the club knows anything or heard anything about it. Doesn't mean there isn't anything in it but highly unlikely.

I believe its fake news from his management to get The Swannies more in tune with a better deal.
Can you ask Greg Swann and let us know what he says about it?

Can't really say because we don't know the magic sauce of how they put the numbers together. The effect will definitely be smaller because of his age but the AFL may still put their finger on the scales because Buddy.
Cheers

Potentially due to age buddy won't generate any compo for the swans (if he gets $ they probably still get a second rounder or something), but who the hell knows whether it would cancel out our McStay compo. The AFl would just make up an outcome that suits them probably.

Can't really say because we don't know the magic sauce of how they put the numbers together. The effect will definitely be smaller because of his age but the AFL may still put their finger on the scales because Buddy.
This was my thought, but just wasn't sure if this sort of scenario had played out before for another club......it would seem a fairly unique situation if it actually unfolds as I described......but thank you both for your info

I do agree. He is having to do a lot of the dirty work that Joe and Hippy cant do at the moment. He spends more time in the ruck and running up the wing than they do. Its a tougher role for sure and gets less chance at glory than they do staying in the forward 50.

He isnt in great form - but the backup ruck/forward has always been one of the toughest and least recognized roles on the ground.
Watch this space.

Hmm ... Not one to throw fuel on the paranoia fire but ... Brownlow medallist and Lions star Lachie Neale lists luxury Brisbane home
Has family moved to Brisbane? Is the journo using old info to pad the story (or drive clicks)?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220805-175701.png
    Screenshot_20220805-175701.png
    703.1 KB · Views: 87

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody disappointing if Dev leaves. Seems a really popular of the playing group from what you see on socials and at the reserves games.

Feels like he has been mismanaged to me and not given the opportunity he deserves and held to a different standard that the likes of others that get regular games in the seniors. Will be gutwrenching watching him run around for another team for the next 10 years.
I truly don’t understand the bolded bit…. He has just turned 21…. We have an extremely established midfield the last few years. Clearly it doesn’t help his development playing in the fwd line in the seniors… so play him in the 2s in the guts until he is developed enough to demand a spot! These things take time! He has hardly torn many games apart in the 2s this year! Nothing wrong with earning your stripes!

Last edited:
Hmm ... Not one to throw fuel on the paranoia fire but ... Brownlow medallist and Lions star Lachie Neale lists luxury Brisbane home
Has family moved to Brisbane? Is the journo using old info to pad the story (or drive clicks)?

3 year extension - will be with us until he retires.

Just moving locally somewhere - further down in the article

He added: “We love it, and it was a very hard decision (to sell) but for us we’ve got some family a little bit closer to where we are moving to, so that’s why we decided to put it on the market.

“It pains us a bit, as we really love the house and it’s our first one in Brissy, so it was a tough call.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back