List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Key Dates:

Friday 07 October at 5.00pm

Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.

Monday 10 October
NAB AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)

Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections

Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences

Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes

Friday 11 November at 9.00am

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences

Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
AFL Trade Period closes – selections only

Monday 21 November by 3.00pm

NAB AFL Draft Nominations close

Monday 28 November at 7.10pm

2022 NAB AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)

Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.

Tuesday 29 November

AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)

2022 NAB AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)

Wednesday 30 November

NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
NAB AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)

Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm

Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Last edited:

Because us keep board warriors want a KPF 😜

KPF take time to develop.....how does Cadman compare to Logan McDonald in their draft years? Secondly for pure output and fitting needs, how does Cadman compare to McDonalds likely output in season 2023? Certainly not advocating it but so many were disappointed we didn't take McDonald with pick 3, but are now advocating we take Cadman with pick 1. So that begs the question, would you trade pick one for McDonald and the Swans Pick 14? If not, then Cadman surely must be far superior to McDonald on raw ability. Given there's so much talk about looking to trade out pick 1, seems we'd be happy with a handful of players there. So gut feel is taking a KPF at pick 1 who take time to develop is a risky proposition. Typically #1 draft picks come straight in ready to play. Cadman would need to be a freak to be able to do that and while he does look pretty promising, I think it represents a risk at pick 1, and probably why taking him in the top handful and getting another high end pick considerably lowers that risk. My feeling is we want Cadman but not unless we trade down a spot or two and get something else very good coming back.

KPF take time to develop.....how does Cadman compare to Logan McDonald in their draft years? Secondly for pure output and fitting needs, how does Cadman compare to McDonalds likely output in season 2023? Certainly not advocating it but so many were disappointed we didn't take McDonald with pick 3, but are now advocating we take Cadman with pick 1. So that begs the question, would you trade pick one for McDonald and the Swans Pick 14? If not, then Cadman surely must be far superior to McDonald on raw ability. Given there's so much talk about looking to trade out pick 1, seems we'd be happy with a handful of players there. So gut feel is taking a KPF at pick 1 who take time to develop is a risky proposition. Typically #1 draft picks come straight in ready to play. Cadman would need to be a freak to be able to do that and while he does look pretty promising, I think it represents a risk at pick 1, and probably why taking him in the top handful and getting another high end pick considerably lowers that risk. My feeling is we want Cadman but not unless we trade down a spot or two and get something else very good coming back.
he is

My opinion

1- Cadman is no more risk than wardlaw, sheezel, or Tsatas. It’s an even group with no standout.

2- Cadman vs McDonald

It’s a statement of fact to say that McDonald had the comparatively better season than Cadman given he played a years worth of senior football. That said, I had him as my least preferred of the top 5 from the 2020 draft. Part of that was go home factor. But part of it, most of it, was I wasn’t sure that McDonalds game would translate to a genuine KPF threat at AFL level.

As I recall he wasn’t getting the best defender and as the year progressed his performances started to wane. I think Cadman athletic package and play style means he can get more involved in games. Though he won’t be a structural KPF, he’ll be more like a curnow or Cameron.

I hope we pick him at 2

Clark and Logue would be two truly crispy additions.
And donuts...
krispy kreme picture GIF

From my understanding. We’ve put forward a 3 year deal plus triggers for a 4th for Bowes….most other clubs only offering to take on his existing 2 year deal due to $$$. The extra security might end up being a big factor. Hasn’t toured the club yet, but is expected to this week as well as Essendon, Geelong & Hawthorn.

From my understanding GC not expecting to get much back with pick 7, maybe future 3rd.

Still a fair bit to play out with Clark.

My opinion

1- Cadman is no more risk than wardlaw, sheezel, or Tsatas. It’s an even group with no standout.

2- Cadman vs McDonald

It’s a statement of fact to say that McDonald had the comparatively better season than Cadman given he played a years worth of senior football. That said, I had him as my least preferred of the top 5 from the 2020 draft. Part of that was go home factor. But part of it, most of it, was I wasn’t sure that McDonalds game would translate to a genuine KPF threat at AFL level.

As I recall he wasn’t getting the best defender and as the year progressed his performances started to wane. I think Cadman athletic package and play style means he can get more involved in games. Though he won’t be a structural KPF, he’ll be more like a curnow or Cameron.

I hope we pick him at 2
I hope we split pick 1 for a top 5 pick and get Cadman anyway, and also a mid teen pick or better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From my understanding. We’ve put forward a 3 year deal plus triggers for a 4th for Bowes….most other clubs only offering to take on his existing 2 year deal due to $$$. The extra security might end up being a big factor. Hasn’t toured the club yet, but is expected to this week as well as Essendon, Geelong & Hawthorn.

From my understanding GC not expecting to get much back with pick 7, maybe future 3rd.

Still a fair bit to play out with Clark.
Getting him to want to come over or satisfying the saints in a trade?

A deal to send Giants midfielder Tim Taranto to Richmond has been agreed in principle and is poised to be one of the first trades done when the trade period opens on Monday.

A source with knowledge of the discussions said the Giants and Richmond met in Sydney on Friday and agreed a deal after the out-of-contract Taranto had requested a trade to the Tigers.

Central to the deal will be Richmond parting with picks 12 and 19 in the exchange, which could include the movement of other later picks.

Richmond and the Giants agreed to separate the two deals for Taranto and Jacob Hopper, who has also requested a trade to Richmond. As Taranto is out of contract and Hopper contracted, it was considered easier and cleaner to separate the deals.

The likely sum of the deals to move both players to the Tigers will be that Richmond give up 12, 19 and 30 in this year’s draft and their first-round pick next year, which is popularly considered to be a stronger draft than this year. There will probably be some movement of other, later picks involved in the final deals and potentially a Richmond player moving to the Giants.

GWS have long been interested in another ruckman and have inquired about Ivan Soldo, among other players.

In other likely early movement, Giants small forward Bobby Hill will move to Collingwood in a trade of their future second-round pick, with another pick coming back to Collingwood this year.

The Magpies appear likely to secure Brayden Fiorini from Gold Coast for basically nothing in draft terms as the Suns try to get Fiorini’s $600,000 contract for next year off their books. Collingwood will spread that contract out across a multi-year deal for the wingman, who was pick 20 in the 2015 draft.

The Lions will offer the Bulldogs their future first-round pick to try to secure Josh Dunkley. Gold Coast will discuss a trade with St Kilda for Ben Long as well as tying to secure a deal with Brisbane for forward Tom Berry to move to the Suns for a third- or fourth-round pick.

Hawthorn, Geelong, Essendon and North Melbourne are all trying to lure Gold Coast’s Jack Bowes and get in on the salary dump from the Suns, who are prepared to offer pick seven in the draft with Bowes as an incentive for a club to take over the player’s full contract, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Bowes’ heavily back-ended contract has him tied to the Suns for two more years on about $800,000 a year.

The former academy product, who was taken at pick 10 in the 2016 draft, would also have his money spread across multiple years elsewhere. Clubs would effectively be able to buy pick seven by agreeing to take on the full contract, as well as getting a talented player who has struggled for opportunities in the Suns midfield.

Toby Bedford has told Melbourne he wants to be traded to GWS for more playing opportunities.
The Demons have already begun negotiations with Fremantle over Luke Jackson but are waiting to see what picks Fremantle secures from the players poised to leave the Dockers in other deals before finalising any trade. Blake Acres, Griffin Logue and Rory Lobb have all asked for trades away from Fremantle. Acres wants to move to Carlton, Logue to North and Lobb to the Bulldogs.

Gold Coast and Adelaide will meet over a deal for Izak Rankine, which is likely to centre on Adelaide’s first-round pick – currently five – and some other later picks.

Melbourne and Collingwood will wait until the Jackson deal is done before negotiating a trade for Brodie Grundy to the Demons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back