Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
All good, never apologise on BF ;)

HBFlanker I'd love him to change his mind though :D

I do admire the Ziebull still stoically fighting the good fight that we're going to turn his head.. when you're hearing a big fat 'no' from the horse's mouth.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Id hope the club would be stoically fighting the same fight! He would be a great pick up, and would be coming over to our club as it enters our 'window'

Absolutely! I hope land every gun in the land just thought it was funny BoomerRoo was cautioning with "guys I just had dinner with the player and it's no dice".

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Absolutely! I hope land every gun in the land just thought it was funny BoomerRoo was cautioning with "guys I just had dinner with the player and it's no dice".
There's a point where a club would need to move on from a target if he shows no interest.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
And that point is Josh Kelly's 57th birthday.

You were all warned that I will never stop using this gag..

1640314440220.jpeg

Caption: After years of overtures, Josh Kelly concedes North Melbourne have finally "got their house in order" (14 AFL premierships, 18 AFLW premierships, 12 VFL premierships, 8 VFLW premierships) and deservedly get his signature for the 2060 AFL season.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au

View attachment 1301635

Caption: After years of overtures, Josh Kelly concedes North Melbourne have finally "got their house in order" (14 AFL premierships, 18 AFLW premierships, 12 VFL premierships, 8 VFLW premierships) and deservedly get his signature for the 2060 AFL season.

That would of been Boomer if Scott’s hadn’t knifed him.

Shagga is all Class

Premiership Player
May 15, 2005
Beneath the Blue and White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC

View attachment 1301635

"North Makes Grandfather Offer"

...and lands someone that smells like fish.

That would of been Boomer if Scott’s hadn’t knifed him.

We had one more 9th spot finish left in us if we kept Boomer. :stern look

Funny thing is Scott said he would have played Boomer and the others if they were on the list, the club had to move Boomer on or else Brad wouldn't have played anyone under 25 years of age.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
We had one more 9th spot finish left in us if we kept Boomer. :stern look

Funny thing is Scott said he would have played Boomer and the others if they were on the list, the club had to move Boomer on or else Brad wouldn't have played anyone under 25 years of age.

That should of been the end of bard after he said that

Wonderdog

All Australian
Nov 14, 2001
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The cricket has finished early so I have time up my sleeve. I plan to use it by penning my thoughts on each player on our list in jumper no order and what 2022 holds for them.

I will look at the impact of the recruitmemt of CCJ & Hugh & the departures of Ats, Froggy & Robbie on some players.

I also think there is some intrigue on some players on how we plan to use them in 2022 & will mention that too.

I would appreciate your collective feedback.

Wonderdog

All Australian
Nov 14, 2001
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1. Jack Mahony

An intriguing player. Played 19 games in 2021 primarily as a pressure fwd. Nobes highlighted the need to recruit a pressure fwd which we did with Curtis so where does that leave Jack? Can he play in a different position. He might not have the physical attributes to play on a wing eg lack of leg speed so where does he fit in? Has good footy IQ & a willingness to do grunt work so perhaps he could play as a midfield tagger particularly as we do not have one on the list.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So any more news about these KPD that we've got as train ons this preseason?

Johnny99

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2011
In a house.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1. Jack Mahony

An intriguing player. Played 19 games in 2021 primarily as a pressure fwd. Nobes highlighted the need to recruit a pressure fwd which we did with Curtis so where does that leave Jack? Can he play in a different position. He might not have the physical attributes to play on a wing eg lack of leg speed so where does he fit in? Has good footy IQ & a willingness to do grunt work so perhaps he could play as a midfield tagger particularly as we do not have one on the list.

I watched the WCE game the other day and I thought Jack's pressure work in the forward line that night was outstanding.

I am hoping he is a small forward who can also have a run on the ball.

I agree, he is intriguing. I am curious to see what sort of a player he will turn into, with 50 games under his belt and a couple of more pre seasons.

At the moment, I just think he can go missing for long parts of the game. But that may be improved, with more experience and fitness.

I would definitely persist with.

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I watched the WCE game the other day and I thought Jack's pressure work in the forward line that night was outstanding.

I agree, he is intriguing. I am curious to see what sort of a player he will turn into, with 50 games under his belt and a couple of more pre seasons.

At the moment, I just think he can go missing for long parts of the game. But that may be improved, with more experience and fitness.

Would be so handy if he could turn into a 1 goal a game player too

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Leigh Adams IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back