James Sicily
Aiden Corr
Andrew Swallow
Matt Deboer
Sam Reid
Dusty
Billie Smedts
Brad Moran

There are definitely players sub 2.92 who are genuinely quick in the AFL, but you could have just watched a draft video to tell you that.

I just don't think it tells you anything you don't already know and in some cases it gives misleading results.

Last edited:
As a reference point, Dangerfield ran 2.92. Rankine 2.93

List of players who I've seen play that ran 2.92 or better:

Jack Watts
Ryan Schoenmakers
James Sicily
Aiden Corr
Andrew Swallow
Matt Deboer
Sam Reid
Dusty
Billie Smedts
Brad Moran

There are definitely players sub 2.92 who are genuinely quick in the AFL, but you could have just watched a draft video to tell you that.

I just don't think it tells you anything you don't already know and in some cases it gives misleading results.
That's fascinating: a lot of those are tall. It looks like a long stride helps to get off the blocks fast.
Perhaps, they should do 50-m tests as well?

As a reference point, Dangerfield ran 2.92. Rankine 2.93

A sample of players who I've seen play that ran 2.92 or better:

Jack Watts
Ryan Schoenmakers
James Sicily
Aiden Corr
Andrew Swallow
Matt Deboer
Sam Reid
Dusty
Billie Smedts
Brad Moran

The other points on this testing are ....A) the testing is straight-line running, which rarely happens in a match ....B) the testing is on a hardboard surface, instead of grass ....depending on gait & physical makeup, running on different surfaces does make a difference

The other points on this testing are ....A) the testing is straight-line running, which rarely happens in a match ....B) the testing is on a hardboard surface, instead of grass ....depending on gait & physical makeup, running on different surfaces does make a difference
agreed, if they really wanted to get a feel for how fast a player is, have them do the testing in the middle of winter in the centre square at Norwood oval or Unley Oval

Very true.
My lad looks agile and coordinated on a basketball court. Have him run on grass and he looks like a new born giraffe.

Anyone know about this 207cm player from a basketball background - Taylor Goad - who can run 2.92sec and is built like a brick shithouse from SA.

Has not played any AFL yet but all clubs are keen according to report on 5AA.

Is he available as a category B player or does he need to be older than 18 to qualify?

Looks like he will play for South Adelaide this year, which would mean he would need to go through the draft as soon as plays one game

Last edited:
Anyone know about this 207cm player from a basketball background - Taylor G0oad - who can run 2.92sec and is built like a brick shithouse from SA.

Has not played any AFL yet but all clubs are keen according to report on 5AA.

Is he available as a category B player or does he need to be older than 18 to qualify?

Looks like he will play for SA this year.

Are we allowed 3 cat Bs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back