Resource 2023 AFL Draft Discussion...

Remove this Banner Ad

Mount Barker at 4PM after the Brisbane vs North game if you mean the AFL Academy squad vs Powa 2's
I hope to stay after the Bris v Nth game to watch these lads, but if it's pouring with rain.... well, let's face it, I powder when under pressure pretty easily these days!!! Ashton Moir on the latest Gettable podcast on AFL.com

Ah right must have read the 3 brothers part as him having 3 brothers.
Shames there’s not a brother rule in drafting.
I think its only 3..

Max is the middle one..

Jack the younger

The elder one someone said was looking like a very good footballer.. but chose cycling instead..
Jim has four sons - William 36, Tom 21, Max 19 and Jack 16. The oldest one played amateur football I believe at Hectorville/Brighton. Tom was playing reserves at Norwood, but last year went back to play at the Glenunga Rams his junior club.

The Ashton Moir interview on the Gettable podcast is very impressive. Kid sounds like winning is his priority 1,2 and 3.

Also by his own words, loves being worked hard, wants the pressure, wants to end up a bigger bodied mid and doesn't think he even has a prefered foot anymore. Ticks a lot of boxes for me.

Have to say, I was only so-so on targeting him as our forward line was so stacked, and he will likely cost a top 5 pick. However with Rachele quite clearly destined for the midfield, and Pedlar looking like a bull mid of the future, I can certainly see a spot for him.

The Ashton Moir interview on the Gettable podcast is very impressive. Kid sounds like winning is his priority 1,2 and 3.

Also by his own words, loves being worked hard, wants the pressure, wants to end up a bigger bodied mid and doesn't think he even has a prefered foot anymore. Ticks a lot of boxes for me.

Have to say, I was only so-so on targeting him as our forward line was so stacked, and he will likely cost a top 5 pick. However with Rachele quite clearly destined for the midfield, and Pedlar looking like a bull mid of the future, I can certainly see a spot for him.
Might be the blueprint of the future - load up on A grade (trending elite) hybrid mid / forward players. Rachele, Rankine, Pedlar, Moir..THAT is our point of difference????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched that game this morning apart from dominating the hit outs as you would expect with his height advantage and showing off his athleticism a couple of times I didn't think he was all that influential...Sid Draper was easily South's most dominant player IMO. Ridgway, Camporeale and Ryan all good for the Bays. James Dutton from Jordie Dawson country Robe was dangerous around goals for the Bays.
Have you seen much of Draper? Friend at Willunga told me he was more freakish than Arlo, but Arlo is pretty freakish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back