Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 19 Trades - The Let's Downgrade Our Way to Success

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laird > LDU
Hobbs > Luke Jackson

Dunkely in next week for HH.

Options:

1. Trade Laird & Greene, bring in Steele & LDU, play Windhager and have 200k for next week to upgrade Windhager to Dunkley. Next week have Steele, LDU and Dunkley.
2. Trade Greene & Sheldrick, bring in Flanders & LDU, play Windhager over Laird and have no cash for next week. Next week bring Laird back on (assuming it is only 1 week) and upgrade Himmelberg to Dunkley. Next week play LDU, Dunkley and Laird.

What do we reckon.
Not sure I trust Flanders to be in my final side .....Touk Touk's TOG is increasing each week, as his match fitness improves .....which means he's 4th banana in the GC midfield

Windhager I assume can cover, whichever way you go .......think I prefer the Steele / LDU option ......although it would be tempting to go Touk / LDU ?

Not sure I trust Flanders to be in my final side .....Touk Touk's TOG is increasing each week, as his match fitness improves .....which means he's 4th banana in the GC midfield

Windhager I assume can cover, whichever way you go .......think I prefer the Steele / LDU option ......although it would be tempting to go Touk / LDU ?

I reckon Flanders has the same role as Macrae and he’s 230k cheaper.

Flanders is OOC so driving his own price up with good performances

Still a little undecided on this week

First trade of D.Cameron to LDU pretty much confirmed.

Then its a question of Laird to either
Merrett with 150k to take into next week
Docherty with 232k to take into next week
Miller with 316k to take into next week.

Current side (with Miller in there)
1689909634941.png
Do I need to pay up for Merrett ?

The hope was to carry as much cash as possible into next week to upgrade Keays and Young or Mills.

Screen Shot 2023-07-21 at 1.13.20 pm.png
Screen Shot 2023-07-21 at 1.29.25 pm.png

Alrighty, I have bulk cash in the bank courtesy of the Green trade out last week, to the tune of a cool $546k - so it's time to do the best impression of my wife and go shopping! ;)

Trouble is, there are so many I am keen to bring in:

Bont, Dunks, Touk, Hewett and the list goes on!

Bont has been alluding me for weeks on end now and keeps rising in price despite his ridiculous price tag. But will hold out on him a little longer I reckon and go for value.

I am thinking of holding off on Dunks for at least this week given his high BE and grab him next week 100%. Touk is EXTREMELY underpriced, and his PPM indicate if he plays a full game will most definitely push to his 110-120 average of old, so am most keen on him.

Hewett is another extremely underpriced, and will get bulk CBAs with Cripps and Cerra out this week against the poor whipping crew in the Eagles. He was already being gifted nice CBAs last week, taking the injured Matt Kennedy's spot, but this just elevates his scoring potential even more - which I think will rival that of last year on the run home.

So in summary, first option I am thinking of bringing in Touk and Hewett (for Sheldrick and MJ), and benching Laird with $327k in the bank for next week. Hewett will operate as the loop option from here on out off the bench as M9, most likely with Mills depending on matchups and fixture. Windhager will most likely fill in at F6 again for now until I bring in Dunks. Flanders is also another option.

Pretty set on Touk. Other option is going MJ to LDU, which obviously leaves me with literally $0 in the bank for next week.

In fact, maybe I just go Touk and LDU (for Sheldrick and MJ), and then punt Crouch for Dunks next week to complete my FWDs, and Laird comes back onfield in Crouch's spot.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Option 1: Trade Laird for Serong

Option 2: Trade M Johnson for Flanders and keep Laird

Option 3: Trade HH and M Johnson to bring in Cogs and Touk, whilst keeping Laird

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Option 1: Trade Laird for Serong

Option 2: Trade M Johnson for Flanders and keep Laird

Option 3: Trade HH and M Johnson to bring in Cogs and Touk, whilst keeping Laird
Option 3 ... you'd hope the points gain from your 2 trades offsets whoever covers laird.

Lol who is Pet Racoon? 😂

That was my name for him a few seasons ago - due to either bad typing or just general stupidity !! It has stuck with a few of the older/longer posters here !!

That was my name for him a few seasons ago - due to either bad typing or just general stupidity !! It has stuck with a few of the older/longer posters here !!
Couldn't quite remember who coined it, but thought it might have been you. :thumbsu:

Missed all the carnage somehow - 1 week where its good to not have Laird.

Still the vanilla MJ>LDU

Interesting MM was Touk ahead of LDU for safety.. but plan is to get Touk next week, so this is better for the BE

Option 3 ... you'd hope the points gain from your 2 trades offsets whoever covers laird.
Yeah I am leaning towards option 3 the most. I just realised however, I'll have to field E Hewett or Fletcher with no laird. So I'll do wardlaw and laird to cogs and touk.

Hmmmm
Adelaide have brought in 3 inside mids in
Cook Crouch and Shoey

Can't be good new for Keays and possible mid minutes
Was going to trade Windy but might switch to Keays
Cook isn’t inside.

But agree it’s a concern. He’s a priority trade out for me ahead of HH/Cameron and even Laird. Windy was always a bench guy for me.

I think crouch takes laird’s spot, Schoenberg takes Keays’s spot, and Keays takes Rachele’s spot

Cook isn’t inside.

But agree it’s a concern. He’s a priority trade out for me ahead of HH/Cameron and even Laird. Windy was always a bench guy for me.

I think crouch takes laird’s spot, Schoenberg takes Keays’s spot, and Keays takes Rachele’s spot
Should open up as a potential good C option for Dawson

View attachment 1746117
View attachment 1746129

Alrighty, I have bulk cash in the bank courtesy of the Green trade out last week, to the tune of a cool $546k - so it's time to do the best impression of my wife and go shopping! ;)

Trouble is, there are so many I am keen to bring in:

Bont, Dunks, Touk, Hewett and the list goes on!

Bont has been alluding me for weeks on end now and keeps rising in price despite his ridiculous price tag. But will hold out on him a little longer I reckon and go for value.

I am thinking of holding off on Dunks for at least this week given his high BE and grab him next week 100%. Touk is EXTREMELY underpriced, and his PPM indicate if he plays a full game will most definitely push to his 110-120 average of old, so am most keen on him.

Hewett is another extremely underpriced, and will get bulk CBAs with Cripps and Cerra out this week against the poor whipping crew in the Eagles. He was already being gifted nice CBAs last week, taking the injured Matt Kennedy's spot, but this just elevates his scoring potential even more - which I think will rival that of last year on the run home.

So in summary, first option I am thinking of bringing in Touk and Hewett (for Sheldrick and MJ), and benching Laird with $327k in the bank for next week. Hewett will operate as the loop option from here on out off the bench as M9, most likely with Mills depending on matchups and fixture. Windhager will most likely fill in at F6 again for now until I bring in Dunks. Flanders is also another option.

Pretty set on Touk. Other option is going MJ to LDU, which obviously leaves me with literally $0 in the bank for next week.

In fact, maybe I just go Touk and LDU (for Sheldrick and MJ), and then punt Crouch for Dunks next week to complete my FWDs, and Laird comes back onfield in Crouch's spot.

Thoughts?
Your last option I reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back