Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 19 Trades - The Let's Downgrade Our Way to Success

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Already going Johnson to LDU and Ashcroft to Steele (carried cash from trading out Green last week) and have Windy as cover for Laird. Seeing as I'm still get a double upgrade and with Laird not seeming to have a significant injury, do I just hold Laird? I'm leaning that way

View attachment 1741324

Am I completely bonkers for this?

T1: Keays to Miller (-32k)
T2: Dev Rob to Flanders (-251k)

100k on the dot leftover.

Means I have 23 'premiums' and HH is benched this week.

Initially I was going to go HH to Dunkley (or any premium - Sicily, Serong, Parish) but feel like Flanders is a 'must have' with the new role and new coach. Looks every bit a 95-100 guy which is top 6 numbers. But if I went Keays/DC to him, I'd have 480-550k to put on top of HH's head, and Miller was my target anyway.

So gambling that the value of having 23 and looping each week exceeds whatever Dunkley/Serong outscore my 23rd player by. Feels stupid unless Flanders very clearly is a best 22.

& with serious cash on Windy/Wilmot's heads anyway, I can down/up them and never have to worry about cash again.

Is this silly? Should I just forget Flanders and go 2 of Keays/HH/Cameron to anyone I want?

Laird out kind of makes this even more tempting?

Option A is to do the normal thing and go Laird to anyone (let's say Sicily) and Himmelberg to Miller or something. Sicily/Laird's points are a split, Miller goes 25-30 more than HH/Keays. Everyone wins.

Option B is to bring in a 23rd man using the extra cash and bench Laird for a week (or maybe have Keays as my trade-out, so that if I get really desperate I can edit and trade Laird out instead). Miller goes 25-30 more than HH/Keays, Flanders or Jackson as the 23rd man might go 10-15 less than Laird, but the looping/cover value is so clear.

I'll still have Hewett/Wilmot/Windy benched, so no trouble finding cash for upgrades in future weeks.

Does Laird out help or hurt Keays's midfield prospects I wonder?

You'd think Crouch is just as much of a plodder as Keays, so if Crouch is the answer you might as well just play Keays in the role and bring in a forward.

But surely they'd know better than to run with both Crouch and Keays in there simultaneously? And not like Crouch can play anywhere else.

Is Laird just a week? I have to deal with T.Green and Wardlaw. I'd rather just cover Laird for a week (c'mon Chesser) or this side never gets completed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think I will hold Laird
Sounds like a rest ??
Fingers crossed.
Going left field to plug gaps this week
Sheldrick > GHewett
Ashcroft > Flanders
Looping Windy/Wilmot in mids for Laird
Could go Doc & Rook but then need 2 rookie scores 😕

Is the Freo call up of a forward a lead to Jacko doing ruck with Treacy?
Sounds tasty!

Debuting as the sub and more of an outside type. Probably irrelevant of their ruck sitch.

& Coulthard from Richmond probably not relevant either. Even in the VFL his numbers aren't anything useful. Just a warm body providing very gentle cover.

Screen Shot 2023-07-20 at 4.25.53 pm.png

Have 21k left before any trades,

Was planning to do Sheldrick -> Peris, Johnson -> LDU, and hold Laird

Should I stick to that plan?

Not sure Windhager holds his spot especially with Bytel named on field. Disappointing. Keays named HFF with Schoenberg & Crouch in the guts. Feels intentional. Keays a must-trade for me unless something is said by the coaches tomorrow in his favour.

Mansell in feels like a threat to Sicily.

If Windy's out, makes holding Laird a no-brainer, I reckon I go Keays to Miller and Windy to Steele and run with a 23rd man. Hold Himmelberg as that 23rd man, and keep Darcy Cam given Frampton out. I'd only be trading Laird to Serong/Dunkley anyway, so getting Steele instead doesn't feel like a disadvantage at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back