Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 5 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the question is - how legit is Pickett? Pickett or Rivers?
I probably see Pickett as the impact player, yet unproven in the new role .....Rivers, fresh of a 4 year Contract signing has been a stats beast at junior level ....is that correct ?

Still trying to figure out how to play this game as I'm a Newbie

Does trading out Chesser or Davey Jr make more sense for a Rookie? Chesser has a month off so no cash gen whereas Davey is almost at the his peak price point anyway

Holding Day as there's been so many forced trades this year so he may be hard to get back and he looks like top 6 Def

Also is Bytel an option if he plays?

Still trying to figure out how to play this game as I'm a Newbie

Does trading out Chesser or Davey Jr make more sense for a Rookie? Chesser has a month off so no cash gen whereas Davey is almost at the his peak price point anyway

Holding Day as there's been so many forced trades this year so he may be hard to get back and he looks like top 6 Def

Also is Bytel an option if he plays?
Think of the game as a shares game ....buying low, sell high, maximize profits

"Live" Rookies generate cash to pay for your upgrades .....dead Rookies don't

On-Field Rookies don't generally score much either, so you want them off-field ASAP

Other players if you can sell high, and it funds two lower players of equal score ....that's a win

Davey will be back, I'm sure there are more pressing issues .....Chesser is dead, so trade out, unless you're using him as a loophole player

Got Doc out last night, but still have Day and Witts to deal with. Gotta hold one. If I hold Witts then I cop a donut. Day out defo for the next 2, any idea about Witts? Leaning him to Grundy

Got Doc out last night, but still have Day and Witts to deal with. Gotta hold one. If I hold Witts then I cop a donut. Day out defo for the next 2, any idea about Witts? Leaning him to Grundy
Have to kill Witts. Can’t be copping a donut.

From my mess of mass player exodus from my side, due to injury .....I cobbled together trades, the best I could

I understand the argument of spending too much to get Piggy .....the alternative was to leave money in the bank, which I rationalised, was better left on field, rather than ITB

Plus, would I ever be in a position to get Piggy, if I missed this opportunity ?

1681431395504.png

What are we thinking with Mackenzie and hawks extended bench?

Meek 🔒 Lynch ❌
Scrimshaw or Bramble (unlikely both)
Long and Mitchell (unlikely)
Mackenzie and Maginness last 2 picked.
I wouldn't say Meek is a lock. We really need a tall target that can kick a goal which Lynch seemingly provides better than Meek. Only 1 of them plays.
Scrim should be in (although was poor on weekend)
Bramble and Mitchell both playing down back. Won't be both in.
Long and Mackenzie fighting for same spot.
Maginness mostly playing run with or lockdown roles (was on Stengle Easter Monday).

My guess
Lynch
Scrim
Mackenzie
Maginness

Sub: Long

I would like to see Mitchell debut though

Need to figure out if I trade Day or Smith. Need more info on the Smith injury.

Have Cowan and Hollands as loops for both, scores are negligibly different so can trade either.
I commented last week, Smith just didn't look right ....reckon he's been playing injured & couldn't any longer

Probably explains why he's been played at HFF

I traded him ....I've gotta see his CBA's increase from 40% before I bring him back in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to kill Witts. Can’t be copping a donut.
Is Moyle a play here? Keep Witts, trade R3 for Moyle, avoid the donut and make a bit of cash until Witts returns. English/Marshall/Grundy obviously better options but everyone's situation is different.

Is Moyle a play here? Keep Witts, trade R3 for Moyle, avoid the donut and make a bit of cash until Witts returns. English/Marshall/Grundy obviously better options but everyone's situation is different.
You’d probably want some clarity as to how long Witts is out. Is it worth burning a trade for a 1 week play especially given Witts isn’t really a top ruck.

Witts would have been out for me this week if Tom Cole wasnt out. So have kept him and fielded Moyle. English in next week now.

Doc > Redman
Cole > Stewart

To cover Day, I now have Liam Jones on the field to beat Cowans 39 .... fml.

1681436395853.png
I'm set on the following trades:
  • Doch > Zieb (DPP to defence next round).
  • McAndrew > Ryan (hopefully WCE confirm Gibney in/out today - able to trade Ginbey > Stewart otherwise)
Some thoughts:
  • Risky trading out a Doch for Zieb given only 6 green dots in Def, but playing the BE game. Short-term pain, long-term gain.
  • Only trading in players that will be top 6-8 (def/fwd) / 8-10 (mids) in their respective lines. Was burnt last year with early/mid-season speculative trade-ins.
  • Davey still has some $$ to be made and will return next week, so McAndrew got the flick.
  • More confident in Ryan keeping his spot. It gives a week to assess Warner/Wagner/Sturt/Roberts as a Chesser downgrade.
  • Money ITB lets me sideways McGrath to any Premo (LDU/Bray/Daws/Stew/etc) next week.
  • Holding Day sucks, but I think he'll be top 6 Def year-end. Dont, want to repeat the mistake of trading out a premo (Daws-ton).
  • Worpel should benefit with Day out but will be traded out in 2 weeks' time.

Worpel will now be a forward mid rather then a midfielder

Glad I ditched the spud
With Day out I assume he should spend more time in the midfield rather than at hf (pending final team selection)

Need to figure out if I trade Day or Smith. Need more info on the Smith injury.

Have Cowan and Hollands as loops for both, scores are negligibly different so can trade either.

In the same position and its 100% Smith going for me.

Worth more, worse BE, averaging 15+ points less and is injured so who knows how/when he comes back

Banked some cash last week and was intending to upgrade Worps to one of the $900k mids like Jelly or Touk this week. Unfortunately copped Doch and Day, so need to deal with that instead.

For context, my defence prior to this round was Doch, Daicos, Day, Ginbey, Wilmot and Cowan with Chesser and Uwland as red dots on the bench.

Went Doch to Dawson last night and was planning for my other trade to be Day to Daniel Rioli. But with the cash I have, I could hold Day and go Uwland up to Rivers.

Thoughts on:

1. Day to Rioli (plus $300k for next week); or
2. Uwland to Rivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back