Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 7 Trades - the every rookie out edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade Wilmot instead of Mackenzie? (pending if you need the $)
I'm tossing up this situation (Wilmot or Mackenzie out). Problem is if Mackenzie is sub, that will be announced after Wilmot's game has started

Thought about this but MacKenzie has been dropped this week so I think Wilmot's job security is better?
Wilmot is more likely to be dropped than managed with how little he gets of the ball. Mackenzie is being managed for a week. You'd assume he'd come back in after that.

LDU news isn't great but at least he isn't losing $$$. Reckon I might hold and stick fat with my planned trades.

MacKenzie > Cincotta (mid cover for LDU if Phillpou can't hit 70 tonight)
Chandler > Stewart (JJ forward)

Do we need to start thinking about byes? Still unsure on who to trade in for Touk.

Any mid/def/fwd under 888k. Narrowed down to Cogs, Anderson, Sicily or Sinclair.

Cogs is safest for 100+ but I'm loaded up on his bye with Kelly, Green, Bont, Taranto, Rozee, Ziebell etc. Do I pick him anyways?

Anderson best bye, upside, but don't trust him. Risky given he's in a mid spot.

Sicily and Sinclair reasonable byes. Both seem fairly trustworthy for a 95 avg but not sure about the upside in scoring

• Wilnot Hackenzie > Cincotta S Mitchell. Can use Cowan to loop Mitchell for spud C Jones and take 70+
  • Next week through the power of DPP hopefully Rid myself of Ridley to Zez/Walsh and spud Jones to Fiorini who I have absolutely no doubts about (no doubts about him getting dropped a week later)
  • Then if by some miracle nobody gets suspended in the next 2 rounds Fergus down and Ashcroft to a fallen Steele who I'm hoping is fine after 3 games back

With those trades team heading into round 9 would be:

Daicos Dawson Stew Day Ziebell Sheez
Laird Steele Zez Green Newc Fiorini Hollands Cinc
English Marsh
Taranto Dunks Rozee Gulden JJ Pedlar

Feels like that should be a week or two ahead of the pack which is the compensation for dropping points holding Green Day and using those trades on improving instead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm tossing up this situation (Wilmot or Mackenzie out). Problem is if Mackenzie is sub, that will be announced after Wilmot's game has started

Thought about this but MacKenzie has been dropped this week so I think Wilmot's job security is better?
Both need to go. Wilmot very likely to bleed cash while I think Mackenzie will be playing a full game in the VFL this week.

Reckon Scrim will be sub again. Or Connor Macdonald. Mackenzie needs a full game and wasn't the best impact player when he was sub vs GWS

Do we need to start thinking about byes? Still unsure on who to trade in for Touk.

Any mid/def/fwd under 888k. Narrowed down to Cogs, Anderson, Sicily or Sinclair.

Cogs is safest for 100+ but I'm loaded up on his bye with Kelly, Green, Bont, Taranto, Rozee, Ziebell etc. Do I pick him anyways?

Anderson best bye, upside, but don't trust him. Risky given he's in a mid spot.

Sicily and Sinclair reasonable byes. Both seem fairly trustworthy for a 95 avg but not sure about the upside in scoring
Not specifically bye related - but do you want the entire Giants engine room (Kelly, Green and Cogs)?. I have Kelly and Green and for that reason will be staying away from Cogs for the time being.

Not specifically bye related - but do you want the entire Giants engine room (Kelly, Green and Cogs)?. I have Kelly and Green and for that reason will be staying away from Cogs for the time being.

Not really no.

That and the bye my main hesitancy with picking him. Points/price wise I think he's the best option though.

Watch their games and when one gets a touch the other two are next in line like 90% of the time. I think you can afford to have all 3, especially given Cogs only needs to be scoring 95-100 as a forward

Jay-Z Mackenzie will be in the VFL this week based on this. Hawks have been up front with subs most weeks so far.
Thanks. Good info. Will hold and piss off Wilmot instead. Much better for my structure anyway (I feel my team has too many defenders)

Meanwhile the mf'ers that started with Oliver over Laid/Bray:

high roller laughing GIF
This me.

I have Bontempelli but surely after a BOG performance last week, Nash goes to him. Nash is the perfect match up, big bodied and can compete with Bontempelli's physicality. I'd be steering clear of him.

I have Bontempelli but surely after a BOG performance last week, Nash goes to him. Nash is the perfect match up, big bodied and can compete with Bontempelli's physicality. I'd be steering clear of him.

Nash was the perfect matchup for Dawson too and they let him run free all game. After coming off back to back career best performances.

Hawks are not trying to win football games.

I genuinely feel your pain mate - this season is so effed.

Had bad seasons before, but 6, possibly 7 forced trades/holds but lose points in the first 6 weeks of trades, is beyond diabolical.

If you somehow manage to keep going, I'll keep plugging on too.

Solidarity sister!
Laird, LDU, and Touk, were M2-M4 of my side .....it's not just the fact they're out (assuming Laird SM ) ....it means I miss the cash gen of Will Day .....and do I have enough Rookies to cover ??? ....does Wilmot count :'(

Add these outs to Steele, I also suffered ....and LDU's famous late out ....it just sets me back so far
I wouldn't have minded if these players were heavily owned, we all share the pain ....but LDU, Steele, and Touk were not heavily owned, all around the 10% ownership

Shadow89 .....of course I'll battle on .....we're 6 games in, so hopefully the luck will turn

I was set on Mackenzie > Sheldrick and Grundy > to English.
But now the LDU news has stuffed things up a bit. I could do as planned and have LDU on the bench for a week.

Or I could go Mackenzie > Sheldrick and LDU > Walsh which will also bank me a bit of cash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back