Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've got Hollands and Cincotta looped in for M8, D6

I'm bringing Steele in for Setters still, but do I go to Angwin + 204k or Atkins +69k?

Either will be bench

So I've got Hollands and Cincotta looped in for M8, D6

I'm bringing Steele in for Setters still, but do I go to Angwin + 204k or Atkins +69k?

Either will be bench
Or Drury + 255k
Or T Berry +169k

Order of risk/reward
Angwin best JS mod cash
Atkins greatest cash gen
Drury a wait and see but frees cash
TBerry mature body questionable role

Girl Reaction GIF by iQiyi

do it jewish GIF

Anyone worried about Gulden lack of CBAs the past few weeks?

I might be able to upgrade pedlar to gulden, but worried he's lost his midfield role

Have to field either Angwin, Pou or Davey at M8. I think I've ruled out Davey v Port.

Is it Pou v North, or is Angwin the better option?

I might be able to upgrade pedlar to gulden, but worried he's lost his midfield role
Could get worse too, if the "gut feel" is Mills will be thrust more into the midfield, like last week .....SYD gotta start using their Capt to win matches, not defend matches

Is Atkins still worth bringing in, if I’m taking Cincotta’s 75 and benching him?
A 75 is about the best you could expect from Atkins ....particularly against MELB

The reason the Crows jettisoned Rory ....he had no defensive game, and rarely tackled ....beautiful user of the ball though

I'm not worried yet. He is OK, has a fair license to cover a lot of ground anyway, that can mean +6's as opposed to the +2's and +3's. He's had just the two 'bit ordinary' games against Geel and Melb. His tackle counts still ranged between 3-7 per game through the 7 games, just his disposal numbers were down in them, and they were losses and the team was down. Against the Cats he missed three shots on goal, which if he hit two of them he might have been in better DT territory.

Had him since game one - he's still a hold for mine. Do you have Rachele? He's similar, a touch cheaper, though has Geelong this week.

Last edited:
Have to field either Angwin, Pou or Davey at M8. I think I've ruled out Davey v Port.

Is it Pou v North, or is Angwin the better option?
A half backer type would be my preference over a marking fwd

Trades for this week are a little easier thanks to Hollands 84, which I'll loop in.

Setterfield to Steele
The Duchess (ie Fergie) to Fahey

Trading in a $200k red dot isn't something I'd normally do but I'm comfortable with the risk in this instance.
1. It will allow me to access Holland's score
2. with only two in my team (mcandrew and cowan) I don't think a third will impact my cash gen too much.
3. His dpp will also be helpful to loop with cinc or Wilmot
4. the noises from gws suggest he's a good chance to get games ahead of the MBRs.
5. Was also considering Johnson as the red dot but would need to trade out Pou instead, who I reckon might do well vs North this round.

Should also add that this would leave rookies (Ginbey, Ashcroft, Hollands, Cincotta, Pedlar) filling three onfield spots.

Last edited:
About the hardest week of trades I can remember. While I know it's best practice to get rookies off the field, McGrath is just pissing me off and with Port and Brisbane in the next two its time to go. Ginbey holds for me, risking it given his next 3 weeks look really good.

Greene -> Angwin
McGrath -> Sinclair

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really regretting the Hollands trade three weeks ago. Have missed 3 very handy scores now.

Cincotta 75 at M9 is an easy loop in, means I don't need to worry about Atkins to cover that 22nd player score.

T1: Setterfield to Fiorini
T2: Rivers to Sinclair

My gut is telling me with every fibre to go Perryman over Fiorini, which I can afford by 1k, but Fiorini's bye, lower b/e, and potential loss to the crowd if I'm wrong mean I've gone there to be safe. Don't trust the role.

92k left. Want to beef up the defence this week, think there'll be value in mids next week, and doing this means I can trade Ziebell to get one next week if he plays forward.

Only concern is I don't really know who's going to push to be traded out next week. Trading Chandler/Pickett before a game vs hawks is silly, Worpel breakeven still low probably, not Ziebell if he plays back. Might be Ashcroft or Fiorini, haha.

Really regretting the Hollands trade three weeks ago. Have missed 3 very handy scores now.

Cincotta 75 at M9 is an easy loop in, means I don't need to worry about Atkins to cover that 22nd player score.

My gut is telling me with every fibre to go Perryman over Fiorini, which I can afford by 1k, but Fiorini's bye, lower b/e, and potential loss to the crowd if I'm wrong mean I've gone there to be safe. Don't trust the role.

92k left. Want to beef up the defence this week, think there'll be value in mids next week, and doing this means I can trade Ziebell to get one next week if he plays forward.

Only concern is I don't really know who's going to push to be traded out next week. Trading Chandler/Pickett before a game vs hawks is silly, Worpel breakeven still low probably, not Ziebell if he plays back. Might be Ashcroft or Fiorini, haha.
I see your regret for trading Hollands three weeks ago and raise you despair for trading Worpel 5 weeks ago...

They say "always go with your gut"

I'm not sure who they are and what theyre credentials are though

Anyone want to jump on the Wil Powell hype train with me?.... no weller, taking kickouts against melb.... should go 100+ again this week

The Fironi decision is so painful. He's the type of player that can burn you if you don't own. A 500k player that is capable of average 100 over a 6 week period. He's done it many times before.

But GC are using Swallow over him in CBA (so far) and in the past he's needed CBA's to score really well. Really wish they were more clear with his role with no Touk

I've got Dunkley's 172 VC locked away so I might just play it safe. But what is even safe trade this week? Atkins at 380k and assured cash gen? But he may only last 1 week. Angwin? Drury?? What a week...

So far Weddle and Atkins are in for Ginbey and Wagner with cash banked. But not sold on the trades.

Really struggled with trades this week. Have been keen on Stewart for weeks and just keep finding reasons not to bring him in. Was nearly going to skip him again after Nicks' comments about sending Keays to him but I'm going to stop making excuses and bite the bullet.

Quite sideways but I'm going:

Cowan to Stewart; and
Setterfield to Angwin.

Leaves me with the one red dot being Max Heath.

Was on the fence with Angwin but he's making cash and at least is not currently a sub-risk like Cowan.

Really struggled with trades this week. Have been keen on Stewart for weeks and just keep finding reasons not to bring him in. Was nearly going to skip him again after Nicks' comments about sending Keays to him but I'm going to stop making excuses and bite the bullet.

Quite sideways but I'm going:

Cowan to Stewart; and
Setterfield to Angwin.

Leaves me with the one red dot being Max Heath.

Was on the fence with Angwin but he's making cash and at least is not currently a sub-risk like Cowan.
Hope you made the cowan trade last night!

Isn't there just too many mouths to feed at GWS, for Perryman to consistently score ? ......Green, Jelly, Cogs ....he seems 4th in line

make or break week this week.
avoided the GCS players for 1 more week.
Looping in ryan on field if he goes well
1683346348906.png

Isn't there just too many mouths to feed at GWS, for Perryman to consistently score ? ......Green, Jelly, Cogs ....he seems 4th in line
Possibly, but he might play enough midfield today tagging Bont (so I've heard)
Gets plenty of tackles and can score.

I've gone Fio/Sinclair this week as I really need a defender after trading out Cumming & Rivers from my back 6.
Perryman will still be cheap enough to grab next week. Same too Simpkin if he goes well today with LDU back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back