Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FREO - WCE disagreements, don't just apply to Footy .....but also Fantasy šŸ¤£

I like it day is a clear top 6 defender

McPherson is defs top 10 and every chance to be top 6

Locks away atleast 1 keeper and probably 2

In all honestly I think you've missed the boat on Macpherson, I'd be mindful bringing him in at this stage.

Thanks man. So usual thinking is to avoid dunks at all costs then. VC it is then.
Drilling down into the relevant players they havenā€™t been that hard to score against.

Round 1 - Taranto went big
2 - Cats donā€™t have a relevant mid
3 - Kelly went big and Green went 110. Cogs mid 80ā€™s
4 - LDU 91 coming off injury
5 - Laird and Dawson went mental for large chunk of it before slowing
6 - Steele and Crouch scored poorly but Steele had less than 50% CBAā€™s
7 - Telly ton

Doesnā€™t seem that bad tbh outside Crouch

Drilling down into the relevant players they havenā€™t been that hard to score against.

Round 1 - Taranto went big
2 - Cats donā€™t have a relevant mid
3 - Kelly went big and Green went 110. Cogs mid 80ā€™s
4 - LDU 91 coming off injury
5 - Laird and Dawson went mental for large chunk of it before slowing
6 - Steele and Crouch scored poorly but Steele had less than 50% CBAā€™s
7 - Telly ton

Doesnā€™t seem that bad tbh outside Crouch
Just gonna do opposite of my normal thinking cause im always wrong. What could go wrong?

Ginbey & Mackenzie - Sinclair & Monsieur Rat King

Don't love bringing in Atkins but there's no other cheapo I trust, and he's my ticket to a nicely underpriced Sinclair so just have to roll the dice and pray it's not another Wagner/Constable situation.

4-6 weeks ....with Touks dedication & fitness, I can see that being on the lower side .....another 2-3 weeks, is my guess
Was it a meniscus tear, looked like it. Having had a meniscus tear (thank you Tony Free tackle), it is now 6 weeks after it used to be 10 minimum. The tear can repair faster (if so) and it might be good at 4, but I think 6 is pretty likely.

Last edited:
F$%k I should've traded WilFLOP

now I'm not gonna have enough cash to go to Fio next week...
Might be a blessing in disguise yet if that was your destiny - hang fire;)

Was it a meniscus tear, looked like it. Having had a meniscus tear (thank you Tony Free tackle), it is now 6 weeks after it used to 10. The tear can repair faster (if so) and it might be good at 4, but I think 6 is pretty likely.
Definitely meniscus ...the question was whether it was a tear, or simply needing a trim

You're right though, recovery times for those injuries are much quicker these days

Was it a meniscus tear, looked like it. Having had a meniscus tear (thank you Tony Free tackle), it is now 6 weeks after it used to 10. The tear can repair faster (if so) and it might be good at 4, but I think 6 is pretty likely.
Definitely meniscus ...the question was whether it was a tear, or simply needing a trim

You're right though, recovery times for those injuries are much quicker these days
Google reckons if surgery is required itā€™s a lot longer

IMG_5369.png

They can thank my stupidity for thatšŸ¤Ŗ

Google reckons if surgery is required itā€™s a lot longer

View attachment 1679113
Every meniscus tear is a bit different. My experience was (when it was commonplace to remove the menisicus or cut off the 'offending' piece) they stitched the meniscus that was sheered nearly in half. It was to be 10 weeks on crutches and then rehab, however I slipped and fell on a slippery driveway at 6 weeks, and had an immediate scope (two days) to assess. The surgeon (leading Rugby ortho surgeon) was stunned that the meniscus had repaired already, photos where taken and apparently sent out via whatever media was available back then. It changed the expectations of recovery apparently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every meniscus tear is a bit different. My experience was (when it was commonplace to remove the menisicus or cut off the 'offending' piece) they stitched the meniscus that was sheered nearly in half. It was to be 10 weeks on crutches and then rehab, however I slipped and fell on a slippery driveway at 6 weeks, and had an immediate scope (two days) to assess. The surgeon (leading Rugby ortho surgeon) was stunned that the meniscus had repaired already, photos where taken and apparently sent out via whatever media was available back then. It changed the expectations of recovery apparently.
Interesting! Hereā€™s hoping for Touk then. Iā€™m going hard on him in all my drafts haha

This says non-operative recovery time (6-8 weeks) .....Touk was operated on though
Touk's looked a carbon copy to mine (from the luxury of the TV) and surgery not a surprise - it probably was sheered between the two bones as well. I'd guess nothing less than 6 weeks, but it will be with extra interest that I watch how he goes. It is probably repaired earlier that 6 weeks in some cases, maybe it not as central on the meniscus, and he has a great bank of aerobic talent.

Last edited:
Watch out for cash drains (like Setterfield atm) too - sometimes it helps to hold a rookie that is leaking $10-20k but rid a drain that is gushing $50-60k. I haven't stressed over Dunkley losing $25k, then 25k, then 10k, then 25k, etc (all up about $100k) because I dont think I'll ever trade him, as the drops will be balanced by some rises soon enough
Nice timing Dunks - very nice!

I hope that poster I advised not to put the (VC) on Dunkley, isn't looking for me ......I may need a place to hide ....maybe time to have that Username change

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Upon reflection...the 172 double would have been more enjoyable.
Haha. You also forgot Dunks loves a cuddle, so does Fagan and he now has the license!
Dunks tackle in reverse round order:
1683293740364.png

I hope that poster I advised not to put the (VC) on Dunkley, isn't looking for me ......I may need a place to hide ....maybe time to have that Username change

giphy.gif
Just change username.
Keep same avatar and post style.
We'll never know.
If it works for Da... Oh wait..
We'll know it's you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back