Discussion 2023 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of us didn't expect to be top dogs this early either, but that was the pessimism talking.

Here's a talking point; Saints are undefeated BECAUSE of our massive injury list, not despite it.
Do you actually think it’s helped us? Obviously we can’t win more than 3 but I still think we win all 3 without injuries. I also think we might have won easier. I didn’t think we would be 3 wins but I thought that was realistic not pessimistic. I try to tip who I think will win. I always hope we will win.

Expected the Swans to be better than that, it was a 50 point belting in the end.

I reckon we could put up a better fight against the Dees but we would need to be closer to full strength to beat them.

We don't play them for another few months though so hopefully we will have most of our players back from injury by then.

Yes, hence why we are above the other team. 150.3 percent after 150 years and 3 games is pretty sweet too!

BTW you're right, but 3 teams are undefeated, which is what they said.
Wasn’t having a go at your statement. I was just saying that only 2 sides have won all games and we actually could still be on top without having the highest percentage. We also have the least points kicked on us and by a margin.

The problem with the dissent rule is it shouldn’t exist. It should simply be umpire abuse. It’s not a crime to disagree or even say that you disagree. Just rule out any disrespectful and aggressive interactions with umps.
That’s all. Common sense, surely?

That's the problem with all rules

How was Hunter Clark munting his kick to an open player in our forward line, ball goes out and gets called deliberate. Then they ignore several actual deliberates. They are so frustratingly bad. 4 just gives them more poor decision makers.

The problem with the dissent rule is it shouldn’t exist. It should simply be umpire abuse. It’s not a crime to disagree or even say that you disagree. Just rule out any disrespectful and aggressive interactions with umps.

Make it a fine and it goes away very quickly without the umpires ruining games. All the AFL's attempts to make people respect umpires has ironically made people more pissed off with them. This rule makes players hate them too.

How was Hunter Clark munting his kick to an open player in our forward line, ball goes out and gets called deliberate. Then they ignore several actual deliberates. They are so frustratingly bad. 4 just gives them more poor decision makers.
Their calls on deliberate were sh1thouse last night

We just have 1 more of them out there now to get it wrong

Think the umpiring has been slightly better this year with 4.

Make it a fine and it goes away very quickly without the umpires ruining games. All the AFL's attempts to make people respect umpires has ironically made people more pissed off with them. This rule makes players hate them too.
I said this last year and will say it again. The afl have to try something so kids get back into umpiring. Social media and some of the actual media have scared kids off umpiring from what I see and I see both junior and senior footy at the local level. It doesn’t seem an issue for nrl players to respect refs. It’s not that hard.

exactly, escalating fines that move up to 1 match suspension for extreme repeat offenders would cull it just as well.

There is no point having a on-field penalty for something that is not within the realms of actually playing the match. It also gives the opportunity for 1 person to make the decisions and apply consistently. Its not just that they shouldnt be a penalty but that its not even close to being applied the same across matches.

Do you actually think it’s helped us? Obviously we can’t win more than 3 but I still think we win all 3 without injuries. I also think we might have won easier. I didn’t think we would be 3 wins but I thought that was realistic not pessimistic. I try to tip who I think will win. I always hope we will win.
I do. Caminiti, Stocker, and Cordy are valuable additions that know they've got limited time to make an impact, plus fringe players like Byrnes, Paton, Wood, plus noob draftee Phillipou - all desperate to impress Ross before the first team regulars return.

Ross is a clear speaking coach with a strong system, cleanskin players who are desperate to impress and none if the Ratten culture impeded in them are exactly what he needs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From memory it was Eleni that paid that deliberate against Clark, she is a shocker, normally they hide her away in the Sunday slots featuring a couple of s**t teams where her terrible decision making can't do too much damage but for some reason she got one of the big Saturday night games last night.

From memory it was Eleni that paid that deliberate against Clark, she is a shocker, normally they hide her away in the Sunday slots featuring a couple of s**t teams where her terrible decision making can't do too much damage but for some reason she got one of the big Saturday night games last night.
Not an AFL standard umpire
by far the worst out there

I do. Caminiti, Stocker, and Cordy are valuable additions that know they've got limited time to make an impact, plus fringe players like Byrnes, Paton, Wood, plus noob draftee Phillipou - all desperate to impress Ross before the first team regulars return.

Ross is a clear speaking coach with a strong system, cleanskin players who are desperate to impress and none if the Ratten culture impeded in them are exactly what he needs.
Yes but good players are good players and that doesn’t mean you don’t put in because you know you won’t be dropped. I think we will see a different king this year. Last time he coached us star players became even better players. It certainly doesn’t hurt us slightly us winning with these inexperienced players or fringe players but I don’t think they are changing the result.

Not an AFL standard umpire
by far the worst out there
Sheep Thumbs GIF

white and straight too aren't you? Gross!
depends how many drinks deep i am
Not a man until you have had a man, so I have heard :oops:

Paid the one against Marshall at the throw in and then ignored the next one when a bomber kicked it to no one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back