List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
Rolling 1 year 400k deals

Bit of a top up off the books somewhere

Time for old mate to sacrifice a bit of coin to put us in the flag zone

Although if Belly and co had the balls to say explore your options and get back to us if you wanna stay on our terms it would give me a lot of confidence that we have finally shed those ‘ old Freo ‘ chains

Give him 2 years but we'd really want to see some vintage Fyfe this season.

Fyfe contract up at the end of 2023. Wait till mid-season at the earliest to sign him. What is he worth nowadays anyway, last deal was $7m over 6 years.

Massive paycut or trade/retire. Fremantle has done a lot for Brand Fyfe, time for him to do whats right for Fremantle and be a role player on a role player’s salary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massive paycut or trade/retire. Fremantle has done a lot for Brand Fyfe, time for him to do whats right for Fremantle and be a role player on a role player’s salary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

400k a year unless he plays most games at a high level

theGav56
And that’s why they’ll be looking very closely at Coxy, would round out their backline perfectly…
Don’t think he would move or the club would let him go. But do think there will be a legitimate big money offer, and it’ll get a big pump up in SA

theGav56
And that’s why they’ll be looking very closely at Coxy, would round out their backline perfectly…
Don’t think he would move or the club would let him go. But do think there will be a legitimate big money offer, and it’ll get a big pump up in SA

Yeh there was rumours from the SA media he had met with Adelaide. Don't know if it was BS and didn't happen last year but we'll see what happens this year.

If we are contending I doubt he will leave.

Yeh there was rumours from the SA media he had met with Adelaide. Don't know if it was BS and didn't happen last year but we'll see what happens this year.

If we are contending I doubt he will leave.
I don't think he'd ever met with them? Just that crows were asking the question abt him for the last couple years.

theGav56
Players move clubs all the time. If we continue to lose required players without a trade that makes us better then it's the management that needs scrutiny.

Melbourne just lost Jackson. Devastating? Not when you pick up a subsidised Grundy and a couple of first round draft picks.

Players move clubs all the time. If we continue to lose required players without a trade that makes us better then it's the management that needs scrutiny.

Melbourne just lost Jackson. Devastating? Not when you pick up a subsidised Grundy and a couple of first round draft picks.

Not a swipe at your post, just trying to add a little spice to the thread, it’s not really the season for it..

But yeh spot on. Not a bad move if you can lose a Jackson and get a Grundy.

So I do the hypothetical with Coxy. He’d be silly not to at least have a think if Adelaide throw some huge money his way.
Interesting part is what could freo turn the returns into

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a swipe at your post, just trying to add a little spice to the thread, it’s not really the season for it..

So I do the hypothetical with Coxy. He’d be silly not to at least have a think if Adelaide throw some huge money his way.

Cox is a contracted player

Cox is a required player.

We won’t be trading Cox!

By the way what are you offering! Not that we wound accept it! Cause we won’t but!

I've never really had the feeling Cox wants to go home. We will offer him a good deal and a great environment. I think he stays and we work hard to keep him.

Re training, I was really pleased to see Hamling and Treacy looking good. Both are probably outside the 22 for different reasons. But both could be decent members of the best 22 if an opportunity arises. That is the kind of thing required for a successful season.

Haven’t we done exactly the same thing with Jackson

We paid way overs on what he produced last year , a low possession, low hit out back up ruck who can’t mark the ball

I was all for getting him but it could easily end up as a disappointing trade

Thanks Joao

How good would it be for Fyfe do a Gary Ablett Snr & reinvent himself as a dangerous forward? Fantasy scenario would be Fyfey winning us a granny on the back of a 5 goal haul.

Mind you Ablett was only 185cm & kicked at 60% goal accuracy.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Fyfe 192cm

How good would it be for Fyfe do a Gary Ablett Snr & reinvent himself as a dangerous forward? Fantasy scenario would be Fyfey winning us a granny on the back of a 5 goal haul.

Mind you Ablett was only 185cm & kicked at 60% goal accuracy.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
I no s**t had a dream last pre-season that Fyfe kicked 4 in the granny and lifted the cup as captain.

Evidently that was for this year :p

I've never really had the feeling Cox wants to go home. We will offer him a good deal and a great environment. I think he stays and we work hard to keep him.

Re training, I was really pleased to see Hamling and Treacy looking good. Both are probably outside the 22 for different reasons. But both could be decent members of the best 22 if an opportunity arises. That is the kind of thing required for a successful season.
I think Treacy has to play, he is physically ready to go and is aggressive.
If there is one kink in our armour, it is our nice guy persona.
Last year we flew under the radar, this year we will be the hunted.
Sure we have a very talented list, but to sustain success you need that
Intimidation.

Intimidation.
Agree with your views on Treacy, but we have several permutations for how we line up. Regarding KPFs my assumptions are:

Taberner plays if fit.

Jackson and Fyfe will both get substantial forward time, more or less a combined full time forward. Other mids and Darcy rotate as well.

As a mature recruit Corbett is a strong contender either as a tall or medium.

Amiss and Treacy both get substantial development games this year but aren't individually 'locks'. 10-15 games each depending on Taberner being available?

Switkowski Jackson/Fyfe Frederick
Schultz Taberner Walters

I think on the bench you can mix it up with one of Amiss, Treacy, Corbett and possibly Sturt or Kuek.

Intimidation.

Adding a fit Fyfe & Omera to the list helps with that, two blokes who won’t take any Sh*t out there.
But definitely look forward to the days when Treacy is regularly putting his knee through the blokes dropping back into the hole

Has anyone actually looked into this Sam Stubbs guy? Bit of an interesting cat. Kind of more interested in media and marketing, then rips it up playing in Queensland, followed by leading the Demons goal kicking in the WAFL while barely playing a season. Is he a Luke Ryan? - hidden gem hiding in the second tier, or am I just dreaming?

Has anyone actually looked into this Sam Stubbs guy? Bit of an interesting cat. Kind of more interested in media and marketing, then rips it up playing in Queensland, followed by leading the Demons goal kicking in the WAFL while barely playing a season. Is he a Luke Ryan? - hidden gem hiding in the second tier, or am I just dreaming?

Not sure he ripped it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back