My tip is

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
Who is your tip for the 2023 Norm Smith medalist and why?

Disclaimer: Could only add 25 possible options.

I’ve personally gone with Nick Daicos.

Feel as though Dunkley and JDG may go H2H and try negate each other a little.

If anyone else is going to step up to win Collingwood a premiership, surely it’s Nick Daicos.

Josh Dunkley

The media love Nick Daicos and they'd love that story, particularly if he wins the Brownlow tonight. If he is anywhere near the top 5 in an even field he'll win it.

It is early days but 33% of people have picked young Nick to win the NS.
I think peoples expectations are getting out of hand.

I consider him a star in the making (if not already there) but a GF is a different beast.

Pies won’t win without one of Naicos or De Goey being top 3 on the ground, and then their profiles get them over the line.

Brisbane have a more even level in terms of ability to standout to the standard media eye - I think obviously Neale/Dunkley/Daniher would poll well in a win but can see Zorko, Rayner, McCluggage & Coleman as having the “profile” in a flag win to win the Norm Smith. The first 2 can be between 15-20 disposals & 2-4 goals, McClugagge can go 25 & 2 and be standout, and Coleman off half back stands out when playing well - Neale/Dunkley could have 30 and be pipped, while I don’t see a Pies player taking it from De Goey/Naicos when they’ve had 30.

I’ve tipped Pies to win and contested mids will get away with a few more errors so ultimately De Goey for me.

I'm liking Coleman. He's got some real class and has potential to be special. I reckon he will back up his prelim performance this week.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are the vote givers this year?
Ask Ed …

“ To ensure the "right" decisions are made, McGuire proposed the idea of having a panel of former players who are not a part of the media or actively involved in the game to vote on various awards.

"What I would like to see is a panel of elders. I think we've got enough really great former players who get lost to the game," told Nine's Eddie and Jimmypodcast.

"Now, you don't have to go all the way back to say Bob Skilton, but why not? Bobby may be a bit old (84 years old) but ... let's get a few of the others that we haven't seen in a while. People who have gone off and done other businesses and things.

Get them there, have five or six of them, invite them to the grand final, sit them down, furnish them with the information they need so they're not just sitting there as someone goes past them with drinks, and do it properly so you get it right.”

Ask Ed …

“ To ensure the "right" decisions are made, McGuire proposed the idea of having a panel of former Collingwood players who are not a part of the media or actively involved in the game to vote on various awards.
FTFY

Zac Bailey.

It is early days but 33% of people have picked young Nick to win the NS.
I think peoples expectations are getting out of hand.

I consider him a star in the making (if not already there) but a GF is a different beast.
He didn't look great from a running point of view Friday night either. Doubt he is 100%. Even though a 70% fit Naicos is better then most.

In horse racing terms, I think he will be better for the run.
Agreed. He did look proppy at stages. Not something we would be hanging our hats on though. He was involved in more then enough to concern us.

Agreed. He did look proppy at stages. Not something we would be hanging our hats on though. He was involved in more then enough to concern us.
Yeah, I noticed he looked a bit sore there at times also.
At one point I remember saying to my wife "oh f**k, what has Nick done" but he came good as the game went on.

He got into the game as it wore on. Ended up having 16 in the second half and drove a lot of our movement in that third. He’ll definitely be better off for the run and you want the best players out there. It’s s**t seeing McStay, Adams and Payne all probably missing.

Back