Best grand final performances to not win a norm smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Dangerfields performance today was incredible. So many key clearances and score assists.

i now love issac smith for what he did today.

but dangers game was just unbelievable.

struggled all season with injury and stuck it right up them with an incredible prelim and grand final.

i think his grand final was better then all of bartels, sjs and chapmans norm smiths.

today he became a grand final legend.

who were the others who should of won?

Gary Rohan

Angus Brayshaw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The discussion will always be moot until Michael Voss is retrospectively given the 2002 medal. Like Walter Lindrum, the rules were changed because of him...

Dangerfield was very good today, but the witches hats opposition he ran rings around today brings down any chance of his performance being called a GF standout for the ages...

Dangerfields performance today was incredible. So many key clearances and score assists.

i now love issac smith for what he did today.

but dangers game was just unbelievable.

struggled all season with injury and stuck it right up them with an incredible prelim and grand final.

i think his grand final was better then all of bartels, sjs and chapmans norm smiths.

today he became a grand final legend.

who were the others who should of won?
Thought Dangerfield was BOG to be sure but I'm not a stats man, generally not overly interested in them, more of a guide, what Dangerfield did today on viewing game was sensational, there was no one on the ground capable of doing what he did.... which he did REPEATEDLY.

Jason Castagna 2019

View attachment 1517247

Epic game by BJ in 2010. Did it all, including taking this hanger with the game in the balance in the last that shits on this year’s mark-of-the-year contenders.
That Bloke nearly got your mob over the line in 2010 grand final.

As for 2009, Crazy to think Jason Gram got 30 disposals. He could of got the Norm Smith had the saints won. Had Saints won the 2009 Grand final, I would of Personally gave it to Lenny Hayes or Leigh Montagna despite both only got 24 disposals each.

Bachar Houli 2017 and 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back