Autopsy 2023 Round 02 Swans beat the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Like I said in the preview.

Nothing to worry about :)

However, will be a sad day when Gerard Healy stops commentating. Rating his commentary or not he is squarely in our corner and that is so important. Was good to hear him shoot down the trade nonsense that Kelli wouldnā€™t let go of.

Will be nice when they stop
The jibes about the Grand Final too. Dewayne you idiot.
Going to roll out the I donā€™t write the rules just try to explain them line every match ?

Who doesn't love spanking those Flogs.

Clarko cooked them and then ran for the US when Kennett called him out after his plan failed. Kennett wasn't looking through the rose coloured glasses like everyone else was.

Our first real test next week. Midfield could get exposed but I still like our chances especially IF May misses again

Hard to really read into much because of how bad the Hawks are. But still, all 23 players did their role and it was great to see Amartey and McDonald kick a bag without Buddy there.

Good that we got the easybeats out of the way, because the draw's going to get a lot tougher.

Will take it ....typical early season game , scrappy but some really good passages of play against a poor Hawthorn. Amartey and McDonald looked really good , Campbell will be hard to drop if he keeps that going. Solid effort from the rest of the team , McLean didnt do a lot so should be out for Buddy next week.
Is it just me or has Papleys set shots always been this bad ? Maybe its just early season form and it will come good as we go.
Hawks will be fighting with West Coast for the spoon this year , very little to get excited about and flogging off all their experienced players. Not convinced that they will bounce back quickly either with their list.

Anyone else find it slightly concerning that even against Hawthorn's mids we still lost the clearances?

Dont get me wrong as I am very happy with the win and how we won, guys like Amartey and McDonald in particular putting a smile on my face but I really would like to fix our clearances issue as it has been an issue for a long time now and doesn't seem to be getting better.

Hawthorn are a complete mess. Trading away so many draft picks when you are at the end of an era is an absolute catastrophe. Richmond would want to succeed this year as they will be in the same spot in a few years.

Depends on what the expectations are internally i think they can certainly perform better than today.

Even when we finished bottom 4 in 2019 and 2020 we were nowhere near this uncompetitive we transitioned well they have gone for the full reset.

Like I said in the preview.

Nothing to worry about :)

However, will be a sad day when Gerard Healy stops commentating. Rating his commentary or not he is squarely in our corner and that is so important. Was good to hear him shoot down the trade nonsense that Kelli wouldnā€™t let go of.

Will be nice when they stop
The jibes about the Grand Final too. Dewayne you idiot.
Going to roll out the I donā€™t write the rules just try to explain them line every match ?

As soon as she mentioned 'superstar' and Tom De Koning, I thought 'is there some contagion sweeping through AFL media with this guy? Is it possible they have all been hypnotised to confuse him with his brother?'

Depends on what the expectations are internally i think they can certainly perform better than today.

Even when we finished bottom 4 in 2019 and 2020 we were nowhere near this uncompetitive we transitioned well they have gone for the full reset.

We have basically held all our draft picks since Franklin joined the club. That's the difference and why when we did go down, it wasn't for too long.

Hawthorn (and now Richmond) think they are smarter than everyone else and could replace their champions with players from other clubs. Geelong are an outlier, not the rule.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a couple of others pointed out in the GameDay thread, the Hawks tried hard...

But good lord they have some gaps in their list. Poor skills all over the park.

Still you can only play the team in front of you and we look the goods. Logan looked exceptional and I reckon Amartey might have done enough to keep his spot over McLean.

Will have a much better idea where we sit after next week but it's going to be a good year.

We have basically held all our draft picks since Franklin joined the club. That's the difference and why when we did go down, it wasn't for too long.

Hawthorn (and now Richmond) think they are smarter than everyone else and could replace their champions with players from other clubs. Geelong are an outlier, not the rule.

Indeed

Clubs fall into the trap trying to replicate Geelong and it doesn't end well.

Tho it is funny seeing bloody Danger and Cameron all over the Telly in NSW.

Anyone else find it slightly concerning that even against Hawthorn's mids we still lost the clearances?

Dont get me wrong as I am very happy with the win and how we won, guys like Amartey and McDonald in particular putting a smile on my face but I really would like to fix our clearances issue as it has been an issue for a long time now and doesn't seem to be getting better.
Clearances are a big problem and weā€™re a problem last week as well.

Clearances are a big problem and weā€™re a problem last week as well.

I mean if there was any club I thought we would win the clearances against it was Hawthorn given how young their mids are but we still lost comfortably. It is the one flaw that I worry could cost us winning a flag in the next few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back