2023 Season - Expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure I'm raising this again but with our confirmed inclusions (especially Logue), maybe Hunter from StK too, with a FIT SQUAD on top, fingers crossed we may well improve sharper than I expected.

Certainly a positive light to look upon in my opinion.

McKay, Logue and Corr.

I'd say that's an excellent 3 defender group moving forward.

McDonald i believe is a better defender than playmaker so add him in too.

Exciting.

Last edited:

I am expecting vast improvement.

Clarko coaches as of 1 November and let the bullshit scandal run it's course without affecting us or our aim as a football team.

Hard to predict how we will go next season. We have been fighting with one hand tied behind our back due to previous coach and game plan. Just getting Clarko will make us more competitive.

However, improvement will be dependent on cattle. Will our younger players come on enough in stamina/strength/experience to at least balance out the natural decline we are likely to see with Cunnington, Goldstein, Hall etc? How will we hold up on the injury front?

While we have addressed a lot of our defensive deficiencies with Logue, will a forward line headed by Larkey and Zurhaar be enough to kick a winning score? Are any of CCJ, Xerri or Chom going to be enough to change this?

Unfortunately, while we will see improvement, I think we will still be bottom three.

Hard to predict how we will go next season. We have been fighting with one hand tied behind our back due to previous coach and game plan. Just getting Clarko will make us more competitive.

However, improvement will be dependent on cattle. Will our younger players come on enough in stamina/strength/experience to at least balance out the natural decline we are likely to see with Cunnington, Goldstein, Hall etc? How will we hold up on the injury front?

While we have addressed a lot of our defensive deficiencies with Logue, will a forward line headed by Larkey and Zurhaar be enough to kick a winning score? Are any of CCJ, Xerri or Chom going to be enough to change this?

Unfortunately, while we will see improvement, I think we will still be bottom three.

Hopefully on top of the bottom 3.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

LDU has a real breakout season - the first half against Adelaide becomes a more regular occurrence and his quieter quarters occur with less regularity.

With extra help in Logue down back this season, McKay becomes an unbeatable beast at fullback, embarrasses his brother in their first meeting and signs a six year deal worth 4-5 million to stay at Arden Street.

Curtis, Goater, Powell and the other youngsters show continued improvement and highlight the exciting future.

North win a minimum of 7 games.

1665696085517.png
Cannot be much ^^^. That concerns any of you?
So will depend where we play them and how often.

Will be adding by the looks of it a fit TT, Corr, Cunners, Phillips, Comben, Polec plus Logue and Tucker.

I didn't realise how savage Corr's injury was, he started to find some decent form as the year wore on. Will benefit from having Logue.
Phillips- 180cm and 80KG's I like it.
TT- is getting fit.
Cunners- nothing to add besides is a huge inclusion
Comben- just you all wait and see.
Polec- not writing him off just yet.
Aside from Corr , the others (7 of 'em) played a combined 13 games for NMFC in 2022. Ten of those by TT.

So the reality is we should look very different rd 1 in 2023. al Clarko returns as expected, I can see us finishing above bottom 4 and with an ounce of luck, pushing the eight.

With a core of veterans to support a bunch of promising young players, more stability in the selection of both the senior and VFL sides and a better run with injury and illness we make a genuine tilt for a premiership...in the VFL.

I can see Zeibel, Polec, Hall, Greenwood, and, pending contracts, Jed and Walker providing a super experienced core of players that will still be very good performers at VFL level. One of X or CCJ to ruck the whole season. Young guys like Lazarro, Mahoney, Perez, Bergman, Archer, Dawson, and Ford I would expect will play a lot of games in the VFL. Guys that have had solid exposure to seniors in 21 and 22 like Bonner, Young, Taylor, Scott, Powell, and Phillips could be in the VFL for stints. Hoping that Edwards takes a big step forward in fitness and strength. If they can add another experienced body via the SSP or PSD and then fill some gaps with unlisted players then I think we will see a big improvement in results.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back