News 2023 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst everyone's sucking the Pou's bum, on rewatch Bytel was actually very very good too. Stocker underrated also. I really feel like we've got a future now and Windy returning will be another happy moment. The kids are alright.
There’s a few handy young players on the sidelines too..Hotton & Keeler look promising, as does McLennan

I'm enjoying how the club is making fun with social media and not taking it too seriously. Bravo.

Leave the serious stuff to on the ground.

This one made me smile nearly as much as the new BJ Red Rooster ad.
I'm pretty sure the old Melbourne Victory social media admin is running our social media. He was an absolute ripper for the Victory and is continuing his work here.

2024 draft will get us Boston Everett & Elwood Peckett..both father sons..
I havent seen Elwood play, but Boston has a long way to go before he will be worthy of a list position. Just being Spiders son doesnt mean he will make it, but at least the academy and boarding school environment will give him the best chance of getting there. We have finally learnt we have to identify and support these kids very early in their development if we are to get the benefits of father sons etc.

I havent seen Elwood play, but Boston has a long way to go before he will be worthy of a list position. Just being Spiders son doesnt mean he will make it, but at least the academy and boarding school environment will give him the best chance of getting there. We have finally learnt we have to identify and support these kids very early in their development if we are to get the benefits of father sons etc.
Don’t mind the idea of him as a developing rookie pick

Attachments

• 32C66067-7EB6-4545-AE2D-6437FE29D458.png
    32C66067-7EB6-4545-AE2D-6437FE29D458.png
    215.7 KB · Views: 154
tumblr_mt6nfwk1sH1siso9jo3_250.gif

Melchett: Honestly Darling, you really are the most graceless, dim-witted bumpkin I ever met.

Darling: I don't think you should say that to her.

Be patient..Boston only turned 17 in December, still a lot of growth & developing to do!

Hunter Clark interview between 13:15min - 22min mark of 3AW Sunday pregame

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This bloke looks a great pickup, RTB also gives him a big POTB in assistance Hammer and Pous development.
I like that we are getting more personalities in the group. It's hard to know from afar, but we seemingly had a bit of a bland culture for a while. Stocker, Phillipou, Cordy all bring different kinds of personality to the group.

Ross having a bit of fun with the “quite brilliant” Shane McGuiness 10 years after his famous press conference 😂

Shane McInnes absolutely rattled through that entire interview. Brilliant 🤣

Interesting how little commentary there is in the media regarding us. A lot of talk on how bad Freo/Dogs have been but almost no genuine talk to how well the system is working or the buy in from the players. Both Lloyd and Barrett plainly declared we couldnt make finals this morning. Barrett is a moron but I do think Lloyd has a good football mind so I think that's some wilful ignorance on his part.

Interesting how little commentary there is in the media regarding us. A lot of talk on how bad Freo/Dogs have been but almost no genuine talk to how well the system is working or the buy in from the players. Both Lloyd and Barrett plainly declared we couldnt make finals this morning. Barrett is a moron but I do think Lloyd has a good football mind so I think that's some wilful ignorance on his part.
Bucks gave us a little wrap on SEN but generally agree with your comment. We’re just not media darlings, media loves Essendon which I find baffling but your big 4 Melbourne teams are always the talking points.

I think the media being reluctant to jump on our bandwagon too quickly is fair enough, really. I know we have a new coach, and I'm hopeful things will be different now, but we haven't exactly given reason to place confidence in us over recent years. We have shown that we are capable of having strong periods but rarely have put it together over the whole season. We were 8-3 last year and still missed the eight.

I think the media being reluctant to jump on our bandwagon too quickly is fair enough, really. I know we have a new coach, and I'm hopeful things will be different now, but we haven't exactly given reason to place confidence in us over recent years. We have shown that we are capable of having strong periods but rarely have put it together over the whole season. We were 8-3 last year and still missed the eight.
They did kind of burn them last season...

It's too soon for commentators to eat humble pie. Still plenty of time for the wheels to fall off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back