List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: will update if ppl happy for this to sticky

Ok starting the hit list of names mentioned in any rumour as linked to us for 2023 trade period.
  • Mac Andrew
  • Hunter Clark
  • Zac Fisher
  • Sam Flanders
  • Mitch Georgiades
  • Liam Henry
  • Dougal Howard
  • Lewis Melican
  • Jack Silvagni
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Adam Tomlinson

Last edited:
Right when one considering we have a new coaching regime with a hunger for success. Who survives into 2024. all OOC at seasons end

1. Hall
  2. Bonar
  3. Comben
  4. Howe
  5. Perez
  6. Free
  7. Greenwood
  8. Mahony
  9. Ziebell
  10. Archer
  11. Edwards
  12. Goater
  13. Turner
  14. Young
  15. Bergnan
  16. Spicer
  17. Goldy
Wow that's a lot but not much of a lot.

Also as we have 2 first rounders how do we get pick 1 if as a suspect we aint finishing last. We have some guys that have currency that while being good aren't necessarily important due to having others similar.

I want pick one we need to be aggressive.
i think the players we resign will come from the bolded group. But a couple of the others could keep their spots if they improve/show their full potential.

Howe and Free probably can't comment on yet.

i think the players we resign will come from the bolded group. But a couple of the others could keep their spots if they improve/show their full potential.

I don’t think we get rid of 10 (assuming that’s what you mean by holding the others in that list?).

I think Spicer may surprise a bit this year. Perhaps wishful thinking. I hope he’s given more time though. There’s some talent there.

Howe, I know little about, but going on reports from our BF brethren & the fact he was brought over by Clarko, I don’t think this is a one year thing in a team that’s had back to back wooden spoons, particularly given his age.

We got the Goat now and if Tucker can resurrect his career then the back flanks are sorted.

Ginger Meggs Durey to take the gun small forward.
Clark is streets ahead of Drury and Tucker. If we had him now he would be a lock in Clarko's 22. And doesn't Goater prefer the wing anyway.

Honestly mate, you're one of the more reasonable posters on here. Don't get sucked in. We're coming off two spoons. We need all the talent we can get

Last edited:
Clark is streets ahead of Drury and Tucker. If we had him now he would be a lock in Clarko's 22. And doesn't Goater prefer the wing anyway.

Honestly mate, you're one of the more reasonable posters on here. Don't get sucked in. We're coming off two spoons. We need all the talent we can get
Oh I agree if he was here now (and fit for work) he’s a lock. I’m definitely a fan.

But Im also aware that anything can happen in 12 months,

38. X

Come a long way from seeking a transfer to signing a 3 year contract. Rated by Champion Data as the most improved player in the comp at one stage last year admittedly off a low base. The plan is for him to take over from Goldy but Goldy is going to make him earn it. Must play in lieu of Goldy as they can’t play together as neither is a forward. .Still gives away too many frees in ruck contests.

39. Flynn

Coming along nicely given he has come off two knee recos. Good skills, can kick either foot, brave and can play HB or further up the ground. Still only played 19 games so still a fair bit of improvement to come. Reckon he will play in defence and be encouraged to use his skills to rebound out. Perhaps he will move to the wing as he gains more experience.

39. Flynn

Coming along nicely given he has come off two knee recos. Good skills, can kick either foot, brave and can play HB or further up the ground. Still only played 19 games so still a fair bit of improvement to come. Reckon he will play in defence and be encouraged to use his skills to rebound out. Perhaps he will move to the wing as he gains more experience.
Spent most of the early part of last year on the wing and seemed to struggle. When swapped with Bailey they both seemed to do better. Reckon half back is his go.

40. Eddie Mazda

This is the hardest write up. Will compete with a few others for the medium forward role but unlike them has not shown any ability to have a short run in the midfield. He might be behind Sheez for the pure medium forward role. Has X factor, is good overhead and can sniff out a goal but unless he can find some midfield minutes might find it hard going. I hope I am wrong cos he has shown a bit of flair in the few games he has played & is too good for the VFL.

41. Drury

I reckon the ginger nut might become a fan favourite. He is the feisty, kick em from anywhere small forward we have needed since Lindsay Thomas left. Has a good bag of tricks and can kick goals in multiple ways. Why did he get through to the rookie draft or am I missing something.
?

1. Hall
  2. Bonar
  3. Comben
  4. Howe
  5. Perez
  6. Free
  7. Greenwood
  8. Mahony
  9. Ziebell
  10. Archer
  11. Edwards
  12. Goater
  13. Turner
  14. Young
  15. Bergnan
  16. Spicer
  17. Goldy

So
  1. Comben
  2. Perez
  3. Archer
  4. Goater
  5. Young
  6. Bergman
  7. Goldy

Leaves us recruiting a further ten players, I'd suggest that won't happen. would think we'd take only 4 in the NAt draft.

So you'd think

1. Bonar
  2. Howe
  3. Free
  4. Mahony
  5. Edwards
  6. Spicer
Would all be half a chance.
41. Drury

I reckon the ginger nut might become a fan favourite. He is the feisty, kick em from anywhere small forward we have needed since Lindsay Thomas left. Has a good bag of tricks and can kick goals in multiple ways. Why did he get through to the rookie draft or am I missing something.
?
well like Prince Harry he has the red hair, so is more likely as a sub or even a spare if you will .

Looks bloody good aye

(Log in to remove this ad.)

41. Drury

?
I'm with you in the optimism stakes. He was quite highly rated in the teams he played for and was expected to be drafted. For recruiters size matters, so smalls are easily overlooked. I think we may have got very lucky that he slipped through to the rookie draft and that Clarko will love his competitive attitude. If Comben comes good and Drury gets a few games, he'll have two talls to crumb from to kick us some goals. Time will tell.

41. Drury

?
Isn't he training as a defender? Therefore, I don't think the 'kick em from anywhere' moniker will stick, unless you're referring to the ability to kick clangers from anywhere, which many of our players have demonstrated

Quite possible that we will be lousy again, basically because the guys we think are OK are just not up to it
not at all unlikely that Cunners will struggle, that Goldy will hit the wall, that Bonar and Comben are unable to get on the park add Hall to that list and cross fingers for Perez
JZ Turner probably Shiels 32 this year Greenwood 31and then the Desperado club CCJ xerri edwards

ok that’s a dozen, and one wonders what Clarko makes of Stepho and Spicer and 2 blokes I think are incredibly suspect Zurhaar and Larkey. Z has no footy brain, he has talent but absolutely one dimensional, and Larkey this whole board just makes endless excuses for. He is a momentum killer, he chokes Would not be remotely surprised if Clarko pinpoints these 2 as major contributors to our 7 wins in 70 games record
But I am expecting Massive Improvement in every area and just facing the fact that a lot of these players that have physical issues just never come good eg Garner Walker EVW Jacobs all unlucky
i think 2024 will look like this

Archer BMac LMac
Logue Dawson Thomas
Tucker Simpkin Scott
Curtis Comben George
Sheezel Larkey Drury
X LDU Phillips
Powell Young CCJ Taylor Perez

Quite possible that we will be lousy again, basically because the guys we think are OK are just not up to it
not at all unlikely that Cunners will struggle, that Goldy will hit the wall, that Bonar and Comben are unable to get on the park add Hall to that list and cross fingers for Perez
JZ Turner probably Shiels 32 this year Greenwood 31and then the Desperado club CCJ xerri edwards

ok that’s a dozen, and one wonders what Clarko makes of Stepho and Spicer and 2 blokes I think are incredibly suspect Zurhaar and Larkey. Z has no footy brain, he has talent but absolutely one dimensional, and Larkey this whole board just makes endless excuses for. He is a momentum killer, he chokes Would not be remotely surprised if Clarko pinpoints these 2 as major contributors to our 7 wins in 70 games record
But I am expecting Massive Improvement in every area and just facing the fact that a lot of these players that have physical issues just never come good eg Garner Walker EVW Jacobs all unlucky

Archer BMac LMac
Logue Dawson Thomas
Tucker Simpkin Scott
Curtis Comben George
Sheezel Larkey Drury
X LDU Phillips
Kermit Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Archer BMac LMac
Logue Dawson Thomas
Tucker Simpkin Scott
Curtis Comben George
Sheezel Larkey Drury
X LDU Phillips
Didn't think I'd find someone more pessimistic than me on here. You've basically said everything that could foreseeably go wrong will.

Cunners might struggle, but he's one bloke who thankfully doesn't require pace. If he gets his strength back, there's no reason we won't have a discount version of 2021 Cunners. He's 31, not 38.

Comben hasn't actually been injured in ages. His sideline stint last year was mainly because of the screws in his knee.

Goldy's still fit and has already dropped off hitouts wise. Likely to remain in a similar state, or regress to a slightly worse state, than/to last season.

Your Zurhaar and Larkey points are just weird. Blaming the only two productive forwards for a team's woes is certainly a new take. Last time I checked a forward line consisted of six blokes, not two.

I'm expecting a 16th/17th finish. The atmosphere around the club is undeniable and that makes a world of difference on field. It'll still be tough, but comparatively easy to swallow in comparison to this year imo

Archer BMac LMac
Logue Dawson Thomas
Tucker Simpkin Scott
Curtis Comben George
Sheezel Larkey Drury
X LDU Phillips
1674564800480.gif

Go… Roos

The first 5-6 weeks of the season will decide a few things, the main one being Ben McKays future imo.

If it's still much of the same under Clarko, I think it's highly likely he moves on at the end of the season, probably to Carlton.

He's entering his 7th preseason and he's been a VFL player or a cellar dweller for all of it.

Archer BMac LMac
Logue Dawson Thomas
Tucker Simpkin Scott
Curtis Comben George
Sheezel Larkey Drury
X LDU Phillips

You must be fun at parties.

What a depressing read.

And a pretty average take on Larkey and Bull who any clubs who take in a heartbeat.

Also for you 2024 team Wardlaw says hello.

Archer BMac LMac
Logue Dawson Thomas
Tucker Simpkin Scott
Curtis Comben George
Sheezel Larkey Drury
X LDU Phillips

Firstly I get it we've been so poor for so long. We were also poor when Schimma got the arse. He was a club champ and will always be. His issue was he couldn't coach at all.
Sound at all familiar?

I'm confident Cunners will be, well Cunners, not concerned at all. He played six quarters last season and was totally unfit, hardly trained. Averaged five disposals a quarter.
He wanted to play to see if he still had it, he has said he still "has it".
Goldy shows no signs of slowing down and is super fit and very durable.

Comben is fine and Bonars well is he that important? No of course not. But seems to be going well currently.

The next line of players aren't exactly overly important either. Edwards is a rookie and a slow burn. Xerri can compete in the ruck, is shite fwd but al clarko would be aware of that.

Greenwood and Shiels do set a great example off the field, but neither are future players.

Spicer is about cooked, doubt he goes around next season. Stevo will play as a fwd and should be aiming for 2 goals a week. Don't worry about 20 disposals, just two goals will do it.

Z and NL- yeah both walk into every side in the league.

Not a bad side you listed fyi.

Archer BMac LMac
Logue Dawson Thomas
Tucker Simpkin Scott
Curtis Comben George
Sheezel Larkey Drury
X LDU Phillips

Don't agree with each detail Reggie but appreciate your honest analysis. Good to see posts against the grain.

Agree on Bonar and Comben availability. Cunnington is an ever so slight query due to age/physical toll even (separate to remission).

I think Goldstein should be ok. May have been our 2022 Syd Barker medalist if he was played in the #1 spot all year.

I think Zurhaar is much better than you give him credit for. I rate him a top 10 if not top 5 player on our list.

While I rate Larkey, can see how someone might query his place as the main man in a winning/functioning forward line until he demonstrates it.

Archer BMac LMac
Logue Dawson Thomas
Tucker Simpkin Scott
Curtis Comben George
Sheezel Larkey Drury
X LDU Phillips
Brother we are winning the flag

The first 5-6 weeks of the season will decide a few things, the main one being Ben McKays future imo.

If it's still much of the same under Clarko, I think it's highly likely he moves on at the end of the season, probably to Carlton.

He's entering his 7th preseason and he's been a VFL player or a cellar dweller for all of it.

I can’t see any way in which Carlton could afford B.McKay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back