No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Not condoning Tarryn's behaviour, but isn't it inappropriate for North to advertise TT's behavioural issues. At the very least. It should not have been made public.

I'm not sure what the legalities are but surely someone's personal issues shouldn't be spread far and wide.
Perhaps in response to comments like Scott's.

Not condoning Tarryn's behaviour, but isn't it inappropriate for North to advertise TT's behavioural issues. At the very least. It should not have been made public.

I'm not sure what the legalities are but surely someone's personal issues shouldn't be spread far and wide.
Pretty sure it wasn't meant to be made public. But someone over in WA leaked it by the looks of things.

Seems strange to me.

I know a lot of AFL clubs seem to think that they are the moral arbiter of society, but they aren't the police.

Perhaps in response to comments like Scott's.
It's still not okay... their is absolutely no excuse.

Being unable to change your life in the face of overwhelming evidence that you are driving yourself off a figurative cliff, is a sure sign of either poor cognitive or poor mental health, most often mental (think alcoholic, drug addiction, gambling addiction, etc.). Forget you have to want to change, there is a line and once you are past it, you can't change without help... and very often you don't know you've crossed it until it's too late. These people commit suicide with alarming frequency... they absolutely need help, but often don't know it, recognise it or get it!

Footy clubs absolutely MUST maintain player privacy, and they have held up his mental health as an excuse for their behaviour and a sop to poor publicity. Forget lolnorth, it's pathetic north...

Seems strange to me.

I know a lot of AFL clubs seem to think that they are the moral arbiter of society, but they aren't the police.

ROFL … hope you are not suggesting the police are moral arbiters.

Jennifer Watt did the right thing. Her note to other CEOs was a buyer beware advisory about a damaged and damaging person. It nicely corrected the abject idiocy from the Scott twins.

For far too long footy clubs enabled sexual assault and domestic violence by players.

Good on nmfc for the stance they have taken.

Sounds like Freo are organising a ceremony before the game commences.

Hope Leon Cameron and Spike McVeigh have an opportunity to pay their respects.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually yes, it is.

Clubs are governed under an independent commission model (the AFL). As part of that model, the clubs can and do share information such as this.

They didn’t “advertise it”.

As for Thomas himself - I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever. None. He’s gone and done it yet AGAIN:

Those playing the “good bloke” card, or somehow trying to portray Thomas as deserving of sympathy are, in my view, part of the problem.

ROFL … hope you are not suggesting the police are moral arbiters.

Jennifer Watt did the right thing. Her note to other CEOs was a buyer beware advisory about a damaged and damaging person. It nicely corrected the abject idiocy from the Scott twins.

For far too long footy clubs enabled sexual assault and domestic violence by players.

Good on nmfc for the stance they have taken.
rofl, really? :rolleyes:

I understand what her note was.

He could be the biggest rat bag in the country, that doesn't mean it's appropriate for a former employer to circulate private information about them to other employers who may consider employing them.

And yes, police are the ones who determine whether employers need to be warned about someone. Not football clubs.

rofl, really? :rolleyes:

I understand what her note was.

He could be the biggest rat bag in the country, that doesn't mean it's appropriate for a former employer to circulate private information about them to other employers who may consider employing them.

And yes, police are the ones who determine whether employers need to be warned about someone. Not football clubs.

So reference checks are not done anymore?

So reference checks are not done anymore?
Surely you understand the difference between putting a reference on a CV that you give permission for a recruiter to contact, and a former employer emailing private personal information about someone to prospective employers.

Anyways, I don't care that much about what happens to Thomas.

Actually yes, it is.

Clubs are governed under an independent commission model (the AFL). As part of that model, the clubs can and do share information such as this.

They didn’t “advertise it”.

As for Thomas himself - I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever. None. He’s gone and done it yet AGAIN:

Those playing the “good bloke” card, or somehow trying to portray Thomas as deserving of sympathy are, in my view, part of the problem.
Surely, after what happened in Forbes the other week and all the talk about domestic violence, even the Scott brothers wouldn't take him on.
Well, you'd like to think so anyway ....

Surely, after what happened in Forbes the other week and all the talk about domestic violence, even the Scott brothers wouldn't take him on.
Well, you'd like to think so anyway ....
To make it even worse the woman murdered in Forbes, Mollie Ticehurst, was Nick Hind's cousin.
Hind and three of his Essendon teammates went to the funeral.

But still Scott talks of "wrapping our arms around" Thomas, a person who sent a barrage of threatening and abusive messages to a woman.

Let's not forget after Hannah Clarke and her 3 children who were killed by her estranged husband (who was also the children's father) by being doused in petrol and set alight in the family car, in 2020, a Qld detective inspector declared that the murderer may have been "driven too far".
Too often people seem more concerned about the perpetrators of domestic violence rather than the victims.

Brad Scott was on 7's Talking Footy this week in an attempt to clarify his comments and tied himself into knots about his responsibility as a coach to look after his players (he coached Thomas for 1 year at NM) and yet again failed to mention the victim.
If only she footballed.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back