No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of the crap about Parker on social media has him like a serial killer
It's been over the top for sure. The incident was a footy act gone wrong with terrible consequences for the Frankston player. This narrative that it was a thug act, born out of anger and frustration is just crap. Most disappointingly, many of our supporters seem to take this view, knowing full well that Parker is a champion and leader of our club. It's like they have decided he is superfluous to our needs so not only should we flick him to the curb but also kick him while he is down.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve time and indeed, the 6 weeks seems to be the new bench mark, even for accidental acts leading to severe injury. But I think as a supporter base, we should show a little empathy for one of players, especially Parker who has been one our best (and fairest) for a long time.

It's been over the top for sure. The incident was a footy act gone wrong with terrible consequences for the Frankston player. This narrative that it was a thug act, born out of anger and frustration is just crap. Most disappointingly, many of our supporters seem to take this view, knowing full well that Parker is a champion and leader of our club. It's like they have decided he is superfluous to our needs so not only should we flick him to the curb but also kick him while he is down.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve time and indeed, the 6 weeks seems to be the new bench mark, even for accidental acts leading to severe injury. But I think as a supporter base, we should show a little empathy for one of players, especially Parker who has been one our best (and fairest) for a long time.
Correct

Another ex player suing the AFL this is just going to get worse.

He is not suing the AFL. He is suing the Balwyn Football Club, the Eastern Football League and the Boroondara Council for an incident that led to his retirement from local footy.

He is not suing the AFL. He is suing the Balwyn Football Club, the Eastern Football League and the Boroondara Council for an incident that led to his retirement from local footy.

Please don't give them the facts Robbie .
Shocking little ground is Balwyn hated playing there . The incident was not needed and the culprit didn't get enough

Please don't give them the facts Robbie .
Shocking little ground is Balwyn hated playing there . The incident was not needed and the culprit didn't get enough
I've always hated the big shove over the boundary line. It's so dangerous and unnecessary. Should be a free kick.

Hope Templeton wins, with some common sense changes made to improve player safety at all levels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Blicavs gets a week for hitting a player past the ball flush in the head w his shoulder in a bump that is very much the same as the Parker incident…..can someone explain a 5 week difference in penalty for these incidents.

So Blicavs gets a week for hitting a player past the ball flush in the head w his shoulder in a bump that is very much the same as the Parker incident…..can someone explain a 5 week difference in penalty for these incidents.

Easy the other player did not end up in hospital with facial injuries

Easy the other player did not end up in hospital with facial injuries
Not reasonable, particularly when one is direct contact with the shoulder, other a headclash…think more. Same action is the deal, so you are loading 5 weeks on an outcome….ridiculous….

Lobb will request a trade at seasons end per morris
Lobb will struggle to find a home. Seen him twice live in VFL games this year and has not done anything to suggest a senior recall. Injuries his hope.

I’ve posted this before… unfortunately it’s because the current process (incorrectly!) is driven by the ‘outcome’ way more than the ‘act’ 🤷‍♂️

I don’t like the system … but it has its swings and roundabouts too … e.g. if Chad’s elbow to Pittonet’s face was say on a slightly built 1st year player who ended up requiring facial surgery, then Chad would be sitting on the sidelines right now 🤷‍♂️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back