List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

I love how every player unsigned by their current club is somehow worth a place on our list.
Is Battle better than Francis or Hamling?

I think so.

I don't know as it's just an option. We are short of KPD or Rampe type.

DQ, I respect your opinions, why do you and Bedford fail to simply answer.

Spud, fair, average, good, solid, but too expensive, not needed, etc would improve the discussion.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Is Battle better than Francis or Hamling?

I think so.

I don't know as it's just an option. We are short of KPD or Rampe type.

DQ, I respect your opinions, why do you and Bedford fail to simply answer.

Spud, fair, average, good, solid, but too expensive, not needed, etc would improve the discussion.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

I mean why do people who get shitty about hypothetical trades even keep coming in here might be the better question

Given Adelaide's list I would have thought a HFF would be just about the least of their needs.

I know Hayward is from SA, which is all well and good, but I'd be more inclined to recruit for need rather than birthplace.
But I suppose it will keep Graham Cornes and the other Crows media ambassadors happy, a croweater comes home.

EDIT; I'll just add much of Adelaide's draft capital will be used up on Tyler Welsh (F/S), so targeting FAs makes sense in that regard, just not sure spending that many dollars over a long period of time makes much sense on a player such as Will.

Last edited:
Adelaide are keen to plow a hell of a lot of money into Dawson, Rankine, and Hayward. I know the cap is going up but it’s an interesting strategy to be going so hard at bringing in players from other clubs that aren’t exactly Dangerfield or Bontempelli types. Dawson is maybe only a step behind them and Rankine is outrageously talented so maybe it’s fair.

I’m hopeful Hayward stays and pursues premierships with the guys he has grafted so hard with the last 7 years, but with concussions ending blokes’ careers all over the comp I can’t possibly begrudge a player trying to maximise his security and earnings whilst he can.

Adelaide are keen to plow a hell of a lot of money into Dawson, Rankine, and Hayward. I know the cap is going up but it’s an interesting strategy to be going so hard at bringing in players from other clubs that aren’t exactly Dangerfield or Bontempelli types. Dawson is maybe only a step behind them and Rankine is outrageously talented so maybe it’s fair.

I’m hopeful Hayward stays and pursues premierships with the guys he has grafted so hard with the last 7 years, but with concussions ending blokes’ careers all over the comp I can’t possibly begrudge a player trying to maximise his security and earnings whilst he can.

i reckon that's what will keep him here ... i think the club will up the offer a bit and he'll be convinced sydney is the club with the best chance at success
although i wonder if he and dawson were close, and if that might become a factor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never been able to say the following in 40 years of following the Swans, but there are as many as 31 players on the list that I personally wouldn't mind playing seniors. The 23 that played against Freo plus McCartin, Mills, Campbell, Parker, Reid, Ladhams, Sheldrick and Hamling.

A few preferable as cover as opposed to starting every week but all capable to varying degrees at senior level. I don't think the depth has ever been better.

Last edited:
Top 75 draft prospects profiled by Shifter Sheehan

Three Swans Academy players profiled:

NICHOLAS ANDREACCHIO​

Club: NSW-ACT/Sydney Swans Academy/Sydney Uni FC/Rosebank High School

Height: 178cm

DOB: 03/10/06

A small defender with a good burst of speed and a neat step through traffic, Andreacchio was a solid performer as a bottom-age player for the Swans Academy last year. He played five matches in the Coates Talent League in 2023, averaging 11.8 disposals before being lively and productive for his team in NSW representative games against South Australia at under-18 level (19 disposals) and against Vic Metro at under-17 level (14 disposals). This year, Andreacchio has been impressive with his ability to provide consistent rebound for the Swans Academy. He averaged 21 disposals (15 uncontested) from their first five games this season

JOEL COCHRAN​

Club: NSW-ACT/Sydney Swans Academy/UNSW Bulldogs FC

Height: 195 cm

DOB: 28/03/06

A super athletic and versatile midfielder or defender, Cochran dominated for the Sydney Swans Academy at under-16 level last year after being granted permission to compete as an overage player. From three under-16 matches, he averaged 25 disposals. A state-level athlete in the 400m and 800m events, he’s also strong overhead and has a great work ethic. Cochran continued his development last year playing at under-18 level for the Swans, as well as representing NSW-ACT at under-17 level and winning selection for Team Naitanui in the under-17 Futures game last September. His potential had him selected in the AFL Academy squad this year and he logged 13 disposals in the side’s first match against Coburg (VFL), showing glimpses of his talent. Injury ruled Cochran out of a second match against Footscray’s VFL team, but he has also been solid for the Swans Academy, averaging 18 disposals from his first three matches this year

JOE HARRISON​

Club: NSW-ACT/Sydney Swans Academy/Warners Bay FC

Height: 182 cm

DOB: 20/07/06

An inside midfielder with clean hands and great decision-making ability, Harrison creates for his team from stoppages. He possesses a good burst of speed and can also push forward and be dangerous. Harrison averaged 20.1 disposals and four tackles for the Swans Academy in five matches in 2023. He missed a couple of games early this year with injury, but was impressive in his first three matches back for the Swans, averaging 24 disposals

Just seems weird from the crows who badly need genuine mids and go and get a half forward. Their midfield right now is Dawson and then what it’s very average. Rankine and Rachele are highly talented but are they ever going to be more than part timers in the middle?

I’ve been resigned to losing one of the ones we have been trying to retain and we have probably made the call between Hayward and Florent

Just seems weird from the crows who badly need genuine mids and go and get a half forward. Their midfield right now is Dawson and then what it’s very average. Rankine and Rachele are highly talented but are they ever going to be more than part timers in the middle?

I’ve been resigned to losing one of the ones we have been trying to retain and we have probably made the call between Hayward and Florent

It allows someone like Soligo and/or Rankine to play more permanently in the midfield if they bring in another forward though.

It allows someone like Soligo and/or Rankine to play more permanently in the midfield if they bring in another forward though.

That’s if they actually can maybe Soligo can I’ll give you that one. Far from convinced on Rankine or Rachele. Probably lose Crouch this year too obviously have the retirement of their ex captain too

That’s if they actually can maybe Soligo can I’ll give you that one. Far from convinced on Rankine or Rachele. Probably lose Crouch this year too obviously have the retirement of their ex captain too

Rankine has looked excellent over the last few weeks in midfield.

Far from convinced a better idea is targeting a genuine mid- LDU would make a LOT more sense for one

LDU makes no sense, he's the exact sort of mid they already have plenty of. They need someone like Rankine in there for dynamism and pace.

LDU makes no sense, he's the exact sort of mid they already have plenty of. They need someone like Rankine in there for dynamism and pace.

I disagree, they need mids, LDU has pace anyway. Lose Laird (probably or at least in the next couple), Crouch is gone after this year, Sloane retired. They need midfielders not more half forward maybe midfielders. Soligio is one who may move into that midfield but he's one. Teams get into trouble turning blokes into mids when they aren't natural mids. Look I hope they go after more half forwards, they won't win a thing any time soon one less team to worry about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back