List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

I am as guilty as anyone, but it feels like we just go from one panic to the next. Now it's Warner.

Not that many good players change clubs. And it is very rarely because of money.

Especially when the team is in a window. After a window sure

I am as guilty as anyone, but it feels like we just go from one panic to the next. Now it's Warner.

Not that many good players change clubs. And it is very rarely because of money.
I actually rate Johnson and Erasmus currently on their list so yes Warner is great to bring home the WA talent but the big problem for Freo is having Darcy and LJ on a combine 1.8-2m per year and they negate each others impact

I actually rate Johnson and Erasmus currently on their list so yes Warner is great to bring home the WA talent but the big problem for Freo is having Darcy and LJ on a combine 1.8-2m per year and they negate each others impact

Don’t rate Erasmus at all agree on Johnson but there’s no way they are letting him go one of the few untouchables surely.

Don’t rate Erasmus at all agree on Johnson but there’s no way they are letting him go one of the few untouchables surely.
Im pretty sure Erasmus's stats at AFL are massively impacted by vests. Like i know its the WAFL by his stats this year are 36d, 7m, 6T per game. Just looked at it and in his non-sub games in the AFL he is averaging 17D, 4M, 4T per game which isn't bad numbers in a midfield where he was the 4th or 5th option

Yep Ashton seems to be around the 30th best prospect in WA. So he would be a massive longshot at this point in time but still has 5 months to do something but looks more likely if he comes into the system he will be an over ager

Also he hasn't played in the Colts league for like a month, is he injured?
Not sure if he’s injured - but it seems his main limitation is size.

Late growth spurts aren’t out of the question - but missing the state side is a major blow to any draft hopes.

Agree that's what's said in the video. However, it's hard to believe Freo (and probably West Coast too) aren't in the ear of Warner's manager now, trying to lure him home. He's exactly the kind of midfielder to add some dare and spark to the clearance winning abilities of Freo's existing midfield. And can you imagine a West Coast midfield with both Reid and Warner?

I suspect Freo will push the hardest because they have amassed significant draft capital, and they already have a strong base of young talent. They have the cake and need the icing. West Coast have lots of list spots to replenish over the next couple of years and may be less excited about using a lot of draft capital on one player, even one who is both young and proven. They still have to bake the cake (albeit they have the fanciest ingredient in place).
Oh 100%, both clubs would have be in his manager's ear by now. The WA media also keep dropping his name casually into trade talk as well.

I also recall reading on the WC board there had been reports/sightings of Chad meeting up with Don Pyke a couple of times over the summer break, so there's an obvious WC connection there.

Last edited:
Im pretty sure Erasmus's stats at AFL are massively impacted by vests. Like i know its the WAFL by his stats this year are 36d, 7m, 6T per game. Just looked at it and in his non-sub games in the AFL he is averaging 17D, 4M, 4T per game which isn't bad numbers in a midfield where he was the 4th or 5th option

The games he has played at AFL everything screams Dylan Stephens where he’s too good for WAFL not good enough in AFL he isn’t the only one like this. Don’t want him at all didn’t rate him when drafted really. Johnson yes please but he’s no chance at all of moving

The games he has played at AFL everything screams Dylan Stephens where he’s too good for WAFL not good enough in AFL he isn’t the only one like this. Don’t want him at all didn’t rate him when drafted really. Johnson yes please but he’s no chance at all of moving
Maybe your right, but when you remove the sub games that Erasmus has had he is outputing roughly 30% more than Stephens at both AFL and 2nds level

Maybe your right, but when you remove the sub games that Erasmus has had he is outputing roughly 30% more than Stephens at both AFL and 2nds level

He is just so vanilla though, wouldn't suit our side at all. Would have to play wing and how many wingers do we have? Last position we need would be a winger

He is just so vanilla though, wouldn't suit our side at all. Would have to play wing and how many wingers do we have? Last position we need would be a winger
Oh sorry major misunderstanding. I didn't want him at Sydney was more so just saying that he will develop to be a good midfielder for Freo. I don't want him at Sydney given he is a WA boy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh sorry major misunderstanding. I didn't want him at Sydney was more so just saying that he will develop to be a good midfielder for Freo. I don't want him at Sydney given he is a WA boy.

Doubt he will do that at Freo, might weirdly be a good target for North

Not sure if he’s injured - but it seems his main limitation is size.

Late growth spurts aren’t out of the question - but missing the state side is a major blow to any

The chat a few years ago was that Ashton was the most promising junior of the Warner Brothers. Has he tailed off then?

Was close "several years ago" according to the video but he resigned early 2021 so not sure what that's about other than perhaps being a homesick 19 year old after playing just a couple of games in his first year.

I don't think we're going to be outbid for him so it purely comes down to what he wants which is reassuring in a way.
I noticed that with one of his goals on the weekend two of his teammates didn't rush over, hoist him on their shoulders, and carry him on a lap of the ground while others walked ahead throwing rose petals. I didn't realise the significance until just now.

Just going to write the same thing.
First it was Logan, then Will, now Chad, seems like the media just love playing the new game with Sydney players. Of course clubs would have been in their respective managers ears, but I'd be shocked if we lost any of them in the next few years.

Yep Ashton seems to be around the 30th best prospect in WA. So he would be a massive longshot at this point in time but still has 5 months to do something but looks more likely if he comes into the system he will be an over ager

Also he hasn't played in the Colts league for like a month, is he injured?
He (like his brothers before him) goes to one of the private schools where he is obliged to prioritise school footy over WAFL Colts. So you might need to check out the school matches to find out if he’s injured.

FWIW, Chad mentioned he was staying in Perth for a day or two after the Freo game and was going to watch his brother play the following morning. So Ashton’s probably not injured (unless he was going to watch the youngest brother).

Just going to write the same thing.
First it was Logan, then Will, now Chad, seems like the media just love playing the new game with Sydney players. Of course clubs would have been in their respective managers ears, but I'd be shocked if we lost any of them in the next few years.
I think it’s an obsession with the media in each footy city - look at locals and speculate about luring them “home”. It’s just that there isn’t really a footy media clique in NSW, and there are barely any NSWelshman at other clubs.

The Victorian media mass likes joining in when its players from non-Victorian clubs who are the centre of speculation. When it’s a big name at a Victorian club they instead pontificate about loyalty and success trumping money (see Weitering, for example).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back