Fantasy 2024 - Empire League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Its MFL glitch. Its counting weeks 18-21 in the stats total when you look at their total from the roster page or from the complete free agent listing. But all our salaries are based on weeks 1-17 only, and its set up like that in the system, but for some reason MFL decides to add 18-21 in there, but theres no setting i can switch off that forces MFL to not factor in 18-21

bgt2110 ...

J Shuttlesworth won a bid on your franchise tagged Christian Kirk. Do you want to PASS or MATCH?

Pass = You get Til Valhals 2.09 pick, and the $3.3m cost of tag is removed from your cap altogether.

Match = You keep Kirk for 3-5 yrs (whats your choice), and the $7.5m bid amount replaces the $3.3m tag cost against your cap.

bgt2110 ...

J Shuttlesworth won a bid on your franchise tagged Christian Kirk. Do you want to PASS or MATCH?

Pass = You get Til Valhals 2.09 pick, and the $3.3m cost of tag is removed from your cap altogether.

Match = You keep Kirk for 3-5 yrs (whats your choice), and the $7.5m bid amount replaces the $3.3m tag cost against your cap.
Match and 3 years

do the FA tags get removed?
Short answer, no.
Long answer, no ...because....them going thru the auction without a bid, and a pass/match, is essentially like an NFL team and a franchise tagged player unable to agree on a new contract, so they play under the cost of the tag for that one season.

Short answer, no.
Long answer, no ...because....them going thru the auction without a bid, and a pass/match, is essentially like an NFL team and a franchise tagged player unable to agree on a new contract, so they play under the cost of the tag for that one season.
Medium answer?

Short answer, no.
So me keeping Keenan Allen on the FA tag is costing me $11.8m ($5.9m base & another $5.9m penalty)?

Effectively meaning if I FA tag a player their salary is doubling unless someone else bids on them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So me keeping Keenan Allen on the FA tag is costing me $11.8m ($5.9m base & another $5.9m penalty)?

Effectively meaning if I FA tag a player their salary is doubling unless someone else bids on them
Yes

Really?

It is what it is but i wish this was properly explained beforehand. I would have put Allen out for a much later pick or at his cost just let him walk for free

Or just resigned him and then cut him later on if need be

Last edited:
Really?

It is what it is but i wish this was properly explained beforehand. I would have put Allen out for a much later pick or at his cost just let him walk for free

Or just resigned him and then cut him later on if need be
same system we've had for 2 or 3 years. It was even explained again in this thread

April 9th when people were deciding their re-signings 00Stinger
Yeah ok, I have just read this wrong obviously

Not a huge deal to my cap tbf just more an annoyance. I was doing well without biding on any tagged players this off season too....

First round is gonna be epic. More than usual i feel.
Epic Fail GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back