Teams 2024 Fantasy Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that better?

Yep, much!

So I'd probably drop Zorko as you never know what his role will be - and he gets injured at the drop of a hat.

Maybe change to an Adams, Rankine, Fisher type, and save some cash. Could even spend the extra 50K and go up to a Dusty if the role is there.

Would probably drop Gawn to Grundy too if you so felt inclined. Could beef up your bench a bit that way, and end up with someone pretty comparable.

Rest is pretty unique and I like it!

Could say the same about Macrae...Yeah fair point, shouldn't have both of them together, come to think of it.

Draft before this week's games. Any feedback would be appreciated. F4 could be anyone of Powell/Mckenzie etc

View attachment 1913766
My personal preference would be, flick Reid off the field, I don't have him in my team now.
I'm not sure Butters scores higher than last year but you never know.
Stewart and Coleman are too much of an uncertainty, Stewart with injury and Coleman going missing when someone pays him some attention.
Wardlaw maybe a sub/rest risk every so often.
I won't give advice on who to put in as it could bite me in the * later on 😆

My personal preference would be, flick Reid off the field, I don't have him in my team now.
I'm not sure Butters scores higher than last year but you never know.
Stewart and Coleman are too much of an uncertainty, Stewart with injury and Coleman going missing when someone pays him some attention.
Wardlaw maybe a sub/rest risk every so often.
I won't give advice on who to put in as it could bite me in the * later on 😆
What Stewart injury.

Def: Daicos, Young, Clarke, Yeo, Bowes, Coffield (Curtain, Uwland)
Mid: Bont, Laird, Serong, Steele, Butters, McKercher, Sanders, Sharp (Roberts, Clark)
Ruck: Grundy, Xerri (Reidy)
Fwd: Flanders, Fisher, Fyfe, Jordon, Sexton, Reid (Mannagh, Jones, Simpson)

Sorry, typo, I meant to put injury prone. He's 30 and had a knee injury last year (mcl), he's a great defender but risky, now he's in his 30's.
I swear 30 is the new 60 in sports world, it ain't that old in modern footy.

Also think he has shown to be durable sine his debut season he has played 21, 22, 25, 18, 20, 20, 22 games. And he has played less footy than a lot of 30 year olds. I am not sure if i will start him or not but his body is not one of my concerns.

Also think he has shown to be durable sine his debut season he has played 21, 22, 25, 18, 20, 20, 22 games. And he has played less footy than a lot of 30 year olds. I am not sure if i will start him or not but his body is not one of my concerns.

Yeah not gonna lie, this whole 'you either play 23 games a season or you're injury prone', is kinda starting to piss me off in footy circles, lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, typo, I meant to put injury prone. He's 30 and had a knee injury last year (mcl), he's a great defender but risky, now he's in his 30's.

It doesn't really work for him, considering he didn't join the AFL until he was 23. In relative terms of accumulation/toll on the body, he's the equivalent of a 25 year old.

This is evidenced by the fact that he just signed a contract until the end of 2027...so obviously we don't see him as anywhere near the end...which he hasn't displayed any signs of, given he made his 5th AA in 7 years last year...and seems to keep improving.

You don't pick Stewart because he doesn't really have much upside, his scoring is sporadic, and he pretty much scores 95 every year - which is where he's priced at; so no upside.

Way off base here mate.

It doesn't really work for him, considering he didn't join the AFL until he was 23. In relative terms of accumulation/toll on the body, he's the equivalent of a 25 year old.

This is evidenced by the fact that he just signed a contract until the end of 2027...so obviously we don't see him as anywhere near the end...which he hasn't displayed any signs of, given he made his 5th AA in 7 years last year...and seems to keep improving.

You don't pick Stewart because he doesn't really have much upside, his scoring is sporadic, and he pretty much scores 95 every year - which is where he's priced at; so no upside.

Way off base here mate.
Fair enough but this is only my opinion, which I stated above.

Fair point, I'm just not trusting of previous knee problems, regardless if it doesn't flair up again.
Didnt he miss like 1 game with this injury?
Don't know. Google will tell you or a Cats supporter. I can't remember back that far.

Should I react to a Bigfooty post and put a player in my side that hasn’t been there all preseason? No
Will I? Absolutely

Welcome Jack Bowes

Should I react to a Bigfooty post and put a player in my side that hasn’t been there all preseason? No
Will I? Absolutely

Welcome Jack Bowes
It’s all good mate, Catastrophe! has kindly agreed to take responsibility for all our teams if the Bowes pick goes wrong. It’s virtually risk free. I’d pick him 22 times if I could.

Sticking with this for the time being, fading Daicos:oops:.

Gone a bit stronger in the Fwds than most with a hard watch on Macrae, Dusty and Flanders, fwd bench is a tad weak.

Fyfe and Yeo are in for now and could be swapped out for others.

Gone a bit stronger in the rookies with an emphasis on 2nd and 3rd year players hopefully avoiding the dreaded sub vest. Not starting Harley Reid, feel that his output wont match others at a cheaper price, that could change too.

Fantasy 2024 5th draft.png

A lot of money on the bench. Wise move, you can always latch on to cheapies easily enough if they turn up.

As we all know there's a stack of uncertainty in the forward line, so going with the one premo I'm confident in and the rest rookies. Thinking that I would rather take a punt at the $300k price level than the $600k price level (all this may change when none of the rookies are named in Rd 1!). Given the number of best 18 rounds early it mitigates the risk a little.

Really happy with the DEF line, had Luke Ryan as D1 but couldn't have 3 Freo defenders in there, so flicked him to Short. Early bye not great but role looks sharp.

MIDs - recently moved Naicos in there as I felt the depth in DEF was strong. Sheldrick has come in post-Parker injury news. In an ideal world I'd have Steele instead of Nic Martin but happy enough there. Sheldrick allows me to ride 2 of the 3 key rookies instead of being dependent on all three.

RUCK - was half tempted by Naismith when the Nank injury came through but couldn't do it!

Touchwood I've got a stack of keepers in the DEF/MID lines and can use the cash gen in the FOR to upgrade. $21k left over.

Any thoughts?

1708999382170.png

As we all know there's a stack of uncertainty in the forward line, so going with the one premo I'm confident in and the rest rookies. Thinking that I would rather take a punt at the $300k price level than the $600k price level (all this may change when none of the rookies are named in Rd 1!). Given the number of best 18 rounds early it mitigates the risk a little.

Really happy with the DEF line, had Luke Ryan as D1 but couldn't have 3 Freo defenders in there, so flicked him to Short. Early bye not great but role looks sharp.

MIDs - recently moved Naicos in there as I felt the depth in DEF was strong. Sheldrick has come in post-Parker injury news. In an ideal world I'd have Steele instead of Nic Martin but happy enough there. Sheldrick allows me to ride 2 of the 3 key rookies instead of being dependent on all three.

RUCK - was half tempted by Naismith when the Nank injury came through but couldn't do it!

Touchwood I've got a stack of keepers in the DEF/MID lines and can use the cash gen in the FOR to upgrade. $21k left over.

Any thoughts?

View attachment 1914448
It's something that I've been struggling with a bit as well, but my gut feel is your Def/Fwd split will be a bit too much.

You have guys like Daicos and Martin in the mids who you are picking as Def keepers, but you could argue that all of your starting defenders should be keepers as well. On the other hand, forwards are very thin, to the point that a 45-50 point score might sneak into your best 18 on some of the bye weeks.

Evening this up, I really like the look of the structure and have some nice uniques which might give you a leg up

It's something that I've been struggling with a bit as well, but my gut feel is your Def/Fwd split will be a bit too much.

You have guys like Daicos and Martin in the mids who you are picking as Def keepers, but you could argue that all of your starting defenders should be keepers as well. On the other hand, forwards are very thin, to the point that a 45-50 point score might sneak into your best 18 on some of the bye weeks.

Evening this up, I really like the look of the structure and have some nice uniques which might give you a leg up

Thanks for that, yeah may be going too aggressive at the rookies in the forward line. Adding Fisher to the forward line, moving Naicos to the defence, downgrading Clark to Coffield, and playing with the midfielders looks a lot more balanced. And has $37k left over

1709001516603.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back