Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone else see a lesser version of Pavlich in Battle? Not at all meant to be a slight.

Pretty versatile player. Not sure he's a true KPD to anchor down a side but has been playing well.

I see him as the same size/shape, tidy skills, similar speed, agility. I don't see him as a gorilla but handy. In a strong team at HFC he would challenge for the Scrim role? Third tall defender? Will be interesting as Saints should want him and if Rough didn't know him personally then it would be that bit harder to get him across. Would only see as a target if he is the next best available.

I see him as the same size/shape, tidy skills, similar speed, agility. I don't see him as a gorilla but handy. In a strong team at HFC he would challenge for the Scrim role? Third tall defender? Will be interesting as Saints should want him and if Rough didn't know him personally then it would be that bit harder to get him across. Would only see as a target if he is the next best available.

He's only 193cm tall, so not exactly KPD size. If we bring him we'll be putting together quite the list of third tall defenders.

He's only 193cm tall, so not exactly KPD size. If we bring him we'll be putting together quite the list of third tall defenders.
Would surely indicate the end for DGB. In 3 years without adding anyone else and excluding Sic
Blanck McCabe Battle Serong Scrimshaw all 193 and above.

Does anyone else see a lesser version of Pavlich in Battle? Not at all meant to be a slight.
I’d take a lesser version of Pavlich every day of the week.

I think Josh is exactly that. Not a massive KPP but capable of doing the job week in/out and with damn good footskills.

Played all his juniors as a forward, but leads well as a key part of their backline.

Makes complete sense we are keen to get him across.

Would surely indicate the end for DGB. In 3 years without adding anyone else and excluding Sic
Blanck McCabe Battle Serong Scrimshaw all 193 and above.

Similar size profile to the GWS defensive unit too. Tall, athletic types who can use the footy by foot as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d trade pick 2 for Mitch owies and milera, why the saints playing owies in the ruck is bamboozling.

Hopefully roughy into a owies

Is Battle worth the big $? Arguably a slightly undersized kpd.
He's 25. At this stage I'm less worried about his size & more interested in his CV/results.

If he has ~2yrs of competing effectively against KPF then I could care less if he's shorter than Wizard.

When it comes to 25yr+ players & Free Agents, you should be paying for performance, not attributes (IMO).

Not to say he is/isn't worth big dollars - just trying to focus on what matters.

I don't get the attraction of Battle. We need quality KPD and he is neither.
Specifically, what is it you don't like about his performance of the last ~18 months?

Which games/opponents, in particular?

Jack Henry is the only quality KPD in the FA pool this year and there's no way he's leaving the handbaggers.

I'd prefer we look to trade our 1st and/or future first for players of this calibre. We should be gunning hard for KPD pre-agents like Weitering,Taylor, Ballard and McCartin. Not Battle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back