Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

There were stories that he was open to leaving Saints in 2022.
Needed 5 more games at Hawthorn to tick over 100.

What’s he thinking now?
Na leave the mercenary there. Just signed another deal on big bucks. Saints gave up the Caleb Serong pick for him and then gave him 900k a year. They deserve to keep him till end now. Yuck

I'm daring to dream what we could look like next season with Baz and Battle in the side.

Obviously every chance it doesn't go our way, and we'd be okay if it doesn't, but what a huge boost to our immediate prospects in 2025 it would be.

Our backline has held up superbly this season, all things considered. I was a fan of attempting to model our defence on GWS. Sure, they have Sam Taylor, but I love how the rest of the defensive unit are essentially athletes who can play as smalls, talls or rebounders.

Perhaps Battle would be a Blanck replacement in the 22 as opposed to Frosty?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm daring to dream what we could look like next season with Baz and Battle in the side.

Obviously every chance it doesn't go our way, and we'd be okay if it doesn't, but what a huge boost to our immediate prospects in 2025 it would be.

Our backline has held up superbly this season, all things considered. I was a fan of attempting to model our defence on GWS. Sure, they have Sam Taylor, but I love how the rest of the defensive unit are essentially athletes who can play as smalls, talls or rebounders.

Perhaps Battle would be a Blanck replacement in the 22 as opposed to Frosty?
We couldn’t possibly drop Frosty, he’s been incredible.

He’s having a really great year, but he’s also turning 31 soon. His will be a position we need to replace, if not immediately, sometime in the next couple of years.
His issues have always been between the ears. Physically the guy is a specimen. Don’t see any reason he couldn’t play for a few more seasons, form permitting.

His issues have always been between the ears. Physically the guy is a specimen. Don’t see any reason he couldn’t play for a few more seasons, form permitting.
I reckon you are right he looks to be super durable. Some chance to play in our next flag imagine that.

Little aside but who are the listed Hawks who grew up supporting them?

Ginni, Moore, Scrimshaw, Mackenzie, Newcombe, Ward (?), Maginess, Reeeves. Im sure there are more?

Add Battle and Baz to that list and thy are building a good list of loyal players.
Ramsden also....take Reeves out he didn't support hawks as kid

bazalenko and battle supported hawks....as did sheezel and larkey out at beggars St

DGB is done regardless.

Battle would be a huge win for us, but even without him I like the our defensive options.
Sadly it’s looking that way. It’s funny how the decision would be a lot easier in my head anyway, if he was a pick in the 40’s.
Watching Logan McDonald kick on makes me hope he can still kick on, but looking more unlikely.
Want him to get another year, but that’s only based on draft position only.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back