Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Did DGB play def at Box Hill this week?

IMO his best chance to make it is as a third tall forward, taking over Gunston's role.

Second Ruck - Chol/Ramsden
1st tall - Lewis
2nd tall - Dear
3rd tall - DGB

Still got a lot of work to do.

Ready made Frost replacement/2nd tall defender

you wait and see

I'm going to annoy a lot of people here but Bailey Smith gives off Jaeger O'Meara vibes - by that I mean he had one amazing season where the sky was the limit and then had a serious injury. In Jaeger's case the injury was probably more serious but we know he had the character and work rate - in any case he could never get back to be that pre-injury player

Bailey's injury I don't this is as serious but I'm not sure of the application - I know he's a point of difference but I'd like a tried and tested - a Shai Bolton, a McLuggage, a Sheezel. I just don't know if Bailey has it in him to reach that level he did. I'd hang onto our first next year and maybe even the year after

Well history suggests that not many players take up Norfs offer. More to footy than just money.

We've been hearing about their warchest since Kelly was OOC. Also remember them offering Dusty squillions before he popped off.
Maybe they should consider getting cooked dusty anyway for leadership; park him in forward line.

I'm going to annoy a lot of people here but Bailey Smith gives off Jaeger O'Meara vibes - by that I mean he had one amazing season where the sky was the limit and then had a serious injury. In Jaeger's case the injury was probably more serious but we know he had the character and work rate - in any case he could never get back to be that pre-injury player

Bailey's injury I don't this is as serious but I'm not sure of the application - I know he's a point of difference but I'd like a tried and tested - a Shai Bolton, a McLuggage, a Sheezel. I just don't know if Bailey has it in him to reach that level he did. I'd hang onto our first next year and maybe even the year after

He isn’t as much of a sure thing as Sheezel/Bolton, but we also won’t have to pay 3 first rounders to bring him in.

Very rarely does a bottom 4 team have the opportunity to acquire someone of Bazlenkas talent. The kid is a superstar that has been BOG in some massive games, and he’s in the perfect age profile.

The JOM trade in hindsight wasn’t brilliant, but we can’t let it scare us off future opportunities.

Burgoyne came to the Hawks with a scarier medical outlook than Baz will.

Bring the boy home!!!

It allowed us to get Meek and Weddle down the line though, so in hindsight it was a genius long con!
Plotting The Simpsons GIF

How many games has baismith played and how many goals has he scored? İt's important considering he's played frwd more than midfield.

Baz is a fanatical borderline lunatic in training & application.

Jaeger's injury wasn't probably more serious, it was more serious by a significant amount. Patella injury and tendinopathy kept Jaeger out of the game for the better part of 3 years and he still had 3 great seasons for us.

Smith is coming back from an injury that players are barely impacted by these days, just look at the player Sicily was after returning from an ACL. Missed a season of footy but never missed a beat as far as form is concerned.

Jaeger's injury wasn't probably more serious, it was more serious by a significant amount. Patella injury and tendinopathy kept Jaeger out of the game for the better part of 3 years and he still had 3 great seasons for us.

Smith is coming back from an injury that players are barely impacted by these days, just look at the player Sicily was after returning from an ACL. Missed a season of footy but never missed a beat as far as form is concerned.

Such a good point - everyone panics over his ACL but forget that Sicily came back in AA-worthy form from one.

Bailey's injury I don't this is as serious but I'm not sure of the application
- I know he's a point of difference but I'd like a tried and tested - a Shai Bolton, a McLuggage, a Sheezel. I just don't know if Bailey has it in him to reach that level he did. I'd hang onto our first next year and maybe even the year after

Worried about this guys work rate and application?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a good point - everyone panics over his ACL but forget that Sicily came back in AA-worthy form from one.
Absolutely. Jaeger has had to spend the rest of his career on managed programs never able to train full time again. Comparing O'meara to an ACL is way way over the top.

Baz is a fanatical borderline lunatic in training & application.

During that post-2021 off-season when he self admittedly lost his way, he was posting Instagram stories from random hostels he was staying at in Queensland. During these he would occasionally post videos of food and it was usually clean as a whilst. There was one where he looked drunk but was frying up fresh prawns.

Even when he's not being professional he's still eating professionally. Zero concern with his commitment and application to getting the best out of himself.

Another week, another horrible Gettable listen. I skipped to the end.

Twomey's stance on our players mentioned:

DGB - gettable, depending on if he gets playing time
Nash - gettable
Scrim - not gettable, rumours on here anyway that he's signed for another three

Nash - gettable
Also said Melican has hit a contract trigger so no longer a FA.

Nash - gettable
Haha why do you keep listening to it?

Nash - gettable
I read the blurb they put out when it droppped today and it just looked like the Essendon podcast Cal’s always dreamt of making.

He isn’t as much of a sure thing as Sheezel/Bolton, but we also won’t have to pay 3 first rounders to bring him in.

Very rarely does a bottom 4 team have the opportunity to acquire someone of Bazlenkas talent. The kid is a superstar that has been BOG in some massive games, and he’s in the perfect age profile.

The JOM trade in hindsight wasn’t brilliant, but we can’t let it scare us off future opportunities.

Burgoyne came to the Hawks with a scarier medical outlook than Baz will.

Bring the boy home!!!

Burgoyne is silk and Smith is Denim.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back